G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

mirror fell off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I have posted a few threads on how to fix this problem.

It's a cheap part to buy...

Check out some of these links, and feel free to IM me if you need some more clarification on how to fix this. It's not that hard to do yourself, and will cost you a ton less than bringing the thing somewhere to pay another guy to do it.

This is the part you need to buy, and buy it here for the best price too... as well as really good customer service and fast shipping:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2

Some posts I've made about how to fix it:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=mirror

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...or#post1451887

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/118219-mirror-base.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=mirror

Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the hell would warranty cover it?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
-

That's exactly what happened to mine, broke one backing up a trash can.
Time for a set of M3 Mirrors with LED. Forget about the LED mod that cost >$400, what a rip off.

Cost ~$30, ebay for the whole set of two mirrors with built in LED .
Full powered, hook up OE controls left, right up, down. LED blinks with turn signals.
1/2 the weight of OE Mirrors & more aerodynamic (Shaved 0.1 on 1/4 mile run over OE big foot mirrors) .
Paint cost $110.
They look great! the only drawback is that they are not heated, which I don't care.

Last edited by ma_sha1; 09-11-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by ma_sha1
That's exactly what happened to mine, broke one backing up a trash can.
Time for a set of M3 Mirrors with LED. Forget about the LED mod that cost >$400, what a rip off.

Cost ~$30, ebay for the whole set of two mirrors with built in LED .
Full powered, hook up OE controls left, right up, down. LED blinks with turn signals.
1/2 the weight of OE Mirrors & more aerodynamic (Shaved 0.1 on 1/4 mile run over OE big foot mirrors) .
Paint cost $110.
They look great! the only drawback is that they are not heated, which I don't care.

Those mirrors look noticeably smaller than the OEM ones. They almost look similar in size to those little circular aftermarket ricer mirrors that people put on civics(I'm not saying they look good or bad, just making a reference to their size). Do you find that you lost some rear visibility when going to those mirrors? Rear visibility in the G Coupe is already a pretty big issue as is.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell them u were folding your mirror in and it broke off. i'm curious as to what they would say.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks like alls you need is the base to the mirror.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 AM
-

They are smaller than OE, but it use slightly curved mirror glass, so the field isn't reduced too much. The field of vision is indeed slightly smaller than OE, but it's sufficient for me.

They are similar in size & look of the Ferrari mirrors, which is also smaller than G Mirrors.

The smaller size combined with aerodynamics design gives weight reduction &
faster 1/4 mile runs, to me it's the right compromise to make. Plus, the LEDs are nice extra to have, as the G does not have turn signals on the side, the side markers does not blink when you make a turn.

Some 350Z folks replaced OE with racing mirrors that's even smaller & lighter, but not powered, which is out of my comfort zone.

There will always be blind spot as far as Rear visibility goes, even if you up size your G Mirror to Big SUV mirrors. That's why I always look back when turns or changing lanes, can not solely rely on mirrors.

Originally Posted by partyman66
Those mirrors look noticeably smaller than the OEM ones. They almost look similar in size to those little circular aftermarket ricer mirrors that people put on civics(I'm not saying they look good or bad, just making a reference to their size). Do you find that you lost some rear visibility when going to those mirrors? Rear visibility in the G Coupe is already a pretty big issue as is.

Last edited by ma_sha1; 09-11-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like someone broke it on purpose, the warranty will not cover that

Old 09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
super glue

I bet that mirror took a serious punch man. Or it was previously cracked.

But there is no way it could fall off just like that.

Try going to the dealership and telling them that it just fell off on the highway.

Maybe you'll convince them. After all there is no marks on it being hit or anything.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
should be able to apply some crazy glue and call it a day.

that ferrari looks so hot. thx for posting.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
good news and bad news. i went to the stealership(dealership) they said warenty doesn't cover it and to replace it. it would be $500 and change . need i say more i bassically ran out the place. i work in a tranny shop were my father is the ceo so i got the part wholesale they wanted to charge me 314 dollars and change i got it for 158 dollars and my buddy going to color match it at his paint shop for bout 50 bucks (if he even charges me) looks like i got out this mess pretty well

Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by cubanaso696
good news and bad news. i went to the stealership(dealership) they said warenty doesn't cover it and to replace it. it would be $500 and change . need i say more i bassically ran out the place. i work in a tranny shop were my father is the ceo so i got the part wholesale they wanted to charge me 314 dollars and change i got it for 158 dollars and my buddy going to color match it at his paint shop for bout 50 bucks (if he even charges me) looks like i got out this mess pretty well

Dude.. don't even paint it. All you have to do is take your old painted mirror piece off of the broken base(held on by 3 screws from the bottom), remove the base from the new mirror that you ordered, snake the wires from your original mirror through the new mirrors base, and then reinstall.

Unless the paint on your old mirror is all scratched up, go with that approach. It will save you the monetary cost of painting the new mirror, plus you won't have to deal with issues of people screwing up the color matching.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Dude.. don't even paint it. All you have to do is take your old painted mirror piece off of the broken base(held on by 3 screws from the bottom), remove the base from the new mirror that you ordered, snake the wires from your original mirror through the new mirrors base, and then reinstall.

Unless the paint on your old mirror is all scratched up, go with that approach. It will save you the monetary cost of painting the new mirror, plus you won't have to deal with issues of people screwing up the color matching.
that's a good idea i'll try it out thanks alot

Old 09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cubanaso696
do you honestly think a garbage can could do that to ur $37,000 car...
A garbage can won't but the amount of pressure your body vs an immobile object can.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned
Glad you got this fixed, but the warranty question has/had me laughing at you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: mirror fell off