G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crawford?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crawford?

Ok so I was just looking into pricing of a Crawford plenum....and ummm what happened to crawfordzcar.com? Have they just been down for the past 3 days, moved or closed up shop?

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Re: Crawford?

www.crawfordz.com

They moved.

03.5 5AT-S (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-GroundingGear™-Silverstars-PIAA-PopCharger-Z Tube-Tint)

Old 04-11-2004, 12:45 PM

Ahh ok thank you very much

Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:40 PM

On crawfordz.com, under the plenum section, they list the pricing as..

Price : $595.00
Original Plenum Core Charge : $200.00 (Refundable)

I'm confused about the refundable 200 dollars. Why do I need to give them 200 dollars then get it refunded? I thought I am just buying an aftermarket part.

Thanks,
-Chris

Old 04-11-2004, 04:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris, the price of $595 includes you sending your OEM plenum back to Crawford after your install. If you want to keep it, like I did, then the price is $795.
They may ask for the $200 up front until they get your OEM plenum from you, at which time the $200 is then refunded.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 04-11-2004, 04:43 PM

The price for the Powder coated plenum is $395.00. ($20.00 more if you want a special color) The premium polished plenum is $595.00. Both prices assume you will return your old core. If you don't, then add $200.00 to the above prices. Doug trusts that you will return your old plenum, and wont charge you up front, unless you ask to keep your core.
A pic of my standard powder coated plenum is attached.

Lou

226752-Plenum 02.jpg

Old 04-11-2004, 05:08 PM

What does he need the stock plenum for? If hes remanufacturing these things Id like to know because theres no way in hell I'm buyin it then. If not, then what does he need it for? Id like to keep my stock plenum for when the car is eventually going to be sold, in its stock condition. If this is some kinda little scheme to make 200 they got going, they just lost a customer.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:28 PM

This is no scam. He takes a stock plenum and modifies it. It's as simple as that. Due to the extreme angle of the hood on the "Z", Nissan angled the stock plenum back to front. In it's stock configuration, the front two cylinders are starved for air. The Crawford fixes that design error. In fact the plenums for the "Z" have a "dent" in them to clear the "Zs" hood. The "Gs" hood has clearance and doesn't require the dent . IMO, it's the best bang for the buck out there.

Lou

Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 PM

EX250,

I'm a mechanical design engineer and I understand where you're coming from. I just installed the Crawford Plenum yesterday with the help of 2 other forum members. I know a little bit about castings, machinings and bad hack jobs from my work experience. I can tell you that the Crawford is a GOOD product. It is structurally sound, but not pretty to look at from the inside. Doug takes a stock plenum and cuts it along the sloped front and the sides. He then takes a piece of aluminum and welds it to the aluminum casting (the piece he wants you to send back to him). If done correctly, the plenum will never fail! Just so you know, welded aluminum (assuming 6061-T6) is strong! It's not T6 any more because it looses some of its heat treat with the heat-affected zones during the welding process, but it's plenty strong enough for aggressive driving.

After driving around for the last day, and no ECU reset mind you, my car has transformed completely. I can honestly say that this is the best mod you can do for your car (if you have the same set up that I have in my sig). Without the high flow cats and intake my comments are only speculation, but I'd imagine it would still be the best mod you can do.

You can go to FreshAlloy and check my (Neffster's) plenum post as Demonteverde has posted links of the inside welds to an image station account. Heck, here's the link... Crawford Plenum photos

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-11-2004, 08:21 PM

Wait till you do the reset. o man

2003.5 DP Sedan (Everything but Nav)
Injen CAI
7 Wire HyperGround (Soon to be 10)
Crawford Plenum (V4)
H-Liner
Polk Tweeter Upgrade (EX-3500)
Coming Soon: Lite Crank Pulley, Motion Sensor

Old 04-12-2004, 06:09 AM

Computers are smart. They INSTANTANEOUSLY realize changes, therefore my car did the reset for me. When is the last time you installed software on your car and had to wait for 3-10 days to use it? Simply turn the computer off and turn it back on and you're good. Same with the car. Too much hype IMO about the ECU reset. BTW, I can tell the difference in a HUGE WAY! I finally found a Mod that my butt dyno can measure beyond any resonable doubt!

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-12-2004, 09:22 AM

Well, as long as everyones saying this plenum is amazing and well made, I guess its worth it. Too bad I'll be keeping my stock one....guess I gotta save up a lil more before I get this. I have a habit of not selling or parting with stock parts, they tend to come in use when either a) something breaks and all of a sudden you have no working ______, atleast you got the stock one to go back on and b) not many people enjoy buying a car with aftermarket equipment. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:47 AM

Intantaneous is a bit overstated i believe. The computer makes changes over time via the algorthym the manuafactuer presribes. It takes time for the computer to realize you want to drive agressively (as marketed) and so whyu shouldn't it take time to realize it's got more air

Resetting simply brings you back to baseline which is full board no holding back so unless you reset you wont feel the cars full power from the mod anyway. I reset yestersday after installing a couple weeks ago and the mod is now twice as good as it was. Huge power increase...amazing.

2003.5 DP Sedan (Everything but Nav)
Injen CAI
7 Wire HyperGround (Soon to be 10)
Crawford Plenum (V4)
H-Liner
Polk Tweeter Upgrade (EX-3500)
Coming Soon: Lite Crank Pulley, Motion Sensor

Old 04-12-2004, 06:29 PM

"Resetting simply brings you back to baseline which is full board no holding back so unless you reset you wont feel the cars full power from the mod anyway..."

I disagree with the full board no holding back... There is a NOMINAL position for all cars generalized through algorithms. Each car has the same ECU, but acts differently due to casting, machining and assembly tolerances. The ECU is a dumb computer that connects to the MAF sensors to other various systems in the car and determines the rate at which air is flowing through the system. If you put a fan in front of a dyno, it shows more rwhp. Why? because there is more air and the car notices it. Right?

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT

Old 04-12-2004, 07:39 PM

I have to agree about the plenum. I just installed my black V5 last Friday. Boy can you feel the diff. You can also hear the air rushing in when you rev the engine. Great mod...now on to the next one :-).

04' G coupe/TB/Prem/Sport/Nav/35% Tint/Injen CAI/Clear corners/V5 Plenum
Plates: 1REVER1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford?