G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Check this before your powertrain warranty is up! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/232036-check-before-your-powertrain-warranty-up.html)

LazyAlex 07-21-2008 11:22 PM

ok when i bought the car used from dealer..i bought the protecton plan they offered..which pretty much covers bumper to bumper..pretty much like the warrenry they offer when u buy new..(i just have to pay a $100 deductable whenever i bring the car in) but my question is....can i just bring it to the dealer and say "can u check out this issue" without knowing weather or not my engine has that issue? can i just say i thikn something might be wrong and they have to check it out? or how would it work? cuz everyone that went to the daeler to get it fixed already knew there was oil there..but i dknot...make sense?

valetkyle 07-21-2008 11:46 PM


Originally Posted by LazyAlex
ok when i bought the car used from dealer..i bought the protecton plan they offered..which pretty much covers bumper to bumper..pretty much like the warrenry they offer when u buy new..(i just have to pay a $100 deductable whenever i bring the car in) but my question is....can i just bring it to the dealer and say "can u check out this issue" without knowing weather or not my engine has that issue? can i just say i thikn something might be wrong and they have to check it out? or how would it work? cuz everyone that went to the daeler to get it fixed already knew there was oil there..but i dknot...make sense?

I called and told them the problem. Naturally they acted dumb founded and said they would have to look at it. I waited 40 minutes while they checked it to confirm and then got a loaner car. They won't take your word for anything so they will diagnose the car for free usually if they are a reputable dealer.

LazyAlex 07-21-2008 11:48 PM

is there a way u can tell if u have this issue beside checking it? like does ur engine make any werid noise? or problem starting..etc?

OCG35 07-22-2008 12:05 AM


Originally Posted by LazyAlex
is there a way u can tell if u have this issue beside checking it? like does ur engine make any werid noise? or problem starting..etc?

did you read the 1st post?... and the pages after it? :icon43:

biggz786786 07-23-2008 02:05 PM

that is an 03 g, so its a rev-up right?
yeah i herd that the rev-up engines had a major oil leak issue, thats why there is only non rev-ups sold now
but even then, i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti, he said that all the coupes (as far as he knows) have a tiny tiny oil leak and that its not repairable! im like WTF!, they say it was to save a little bit of cost, and that the oil leak isnt an issue because it is very small, and you wont notice it.

but still, if there is an oil leak in your internals, no matter how small, the owner wants to feel secure and wants to feel that they baught a vehicle for 60 grand and expect it to be perfect, even a honda accord doesnt have this problem and its a fraction of the cost!

OCG35 07-23-2008 02:08 PM

^^^ What the ????? :icon43: :icon43: :icon43:

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing

BlueDevilBAMF 07-23-2008 02:19 PM


Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ What the ????? :icon43: :icon43: :icon43:

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing

+1 WTF indeed

brianyun 07-23-2008 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ What the ????? :icon43: :icon43: :icon43:

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing


oh my god.

you are soo rightt

the whole post is wrong! :confused2: :bowrofl:

biggz786786 07-23-2008 04:44 PM

im just saying what he told me, i dont know anything about these leaks and rev-up and non-rev up
im simply saying that this is what my friend told me
but since its wrong i feel better! :D

valetkyle 07-23-2008 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by biggz786786
im just saying what he told me, i dont know anything about these leaks and rev-up and non-rev up
im simply saying that this is what my friend told me
but since its wrong i feel better! :D

The early years are the non rev-up motors. Whoever told you all this can't possibly work at a dealership. The fact that it is in a coupe makes no difference so how could only coupe VQ35's have your infamous oil leak? Lay off the crack...or tell your friend to.

bythabay 07-23-2008 05:25 PM


Originally Posted by biggz786786
that is an 03 g, so its a rev-up right?
yeah i herd that the rev-up engines had a major oil leak issue, thats why there is only non rev-ups sold now
but even then, i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti, he said that all the coupes (as far as he knows) have a tiny tiny oil leak and that its not repairable! im like WTF!, they say it was to save a little bit of cost, and that the oil leak isnt an issue because it is very small, and you wont notice it.

but still, if there is an oil leak in your internals, no matter how small, the owner wants to feel secure and wants to feel that they baught a vehicle for 60 grand and expect it to be perfect, even a honda accord doesnt have this problem and its a fraction of the cost!

just putting in my $0.02

:bsflag:

bythabay 07-23-2008 05:27 PM

hehe.. no pun intended, that just seems highly unlikely that your friend works at the dealership since according to what you say, they know less about the cars than we do. I really do appreciate it when everyone contributes information, even if it's not accurate. I hope all the negative responses here don't turn people off from contributing their ideas.. just put on a flame suit and take it as a positive challenge

:flame:

bythabay 07-23-2008 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by bythabay
seems highly unlikely that your friend works at the dealership since according to what you say, they know less about the cars than we do

actually, most of the dealership techs don't know any details like we obsessed enthusiasts do... just think of how many times you've heard the dealership say "we've never heard of that problem"

OCG35 07-23-2008 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by biggz786786
i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti,

any post the starts: "my friend's best friend is a tech"... might as well just be deleted...

valetkyle 07-24-2008 02:55 PM


Originally Posted by bythabay
actually, most of the dealership techs don't know any details like we obsessed enthusiasts do... just think of how many times you've heard the dealership say "we've never heard of that problem"

The exact phrase I heard about my valve covers. I was like...come on guys...they're plastic!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands