G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Check this before your powertrain warranty is up! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/232036-check-before-your-powertrain-warranty-up.html)

snou52 08-06-2008 11:28 PM

anyone know how much valve cover's run? anywhere to get them besides the dealership???

hey Infinity of Riverside, any hook up's? :fingersx:

Road Ruler 08-09-2008 04:08 PM

Is the problem that the rubber 0 rings shrink and become smaller??

Wondeing if wiping them with a coat of engine seal conditioner would restore them to original and stop the leak??? Anybody tried this??

bythabay 08-09-2008 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Road Ruler
Is the problem that the rubber 0 rings shrink and become smaller??

Wondeing if wiping them with a coat of engine seal conditioner would restore them to original and stop the leak??? Anybody tried this??

I think if someone would post detailed pics of the failed seal(s), that would be really helpful in determining some kind of affordable fix.

Road Ruler 08-10-2008 04:43 PM

Yes, that would help. We need to understand what is going wrong with the o ring so a simpler fix can be worked out. I have engineering folks available to get into this when more detailed informations comes about.

BuddyLeeWSO 08-21-2008 06:10 PM

Thanks Man! I have an 03 with 64k an am experiencing the same issue. Scheduled an appointment with the dealer for Monday. I'm glad to hear it is covered under the 70k warranty. Hopefully the dealer won't give me a hard time. I already have to drive 50 miles to an Infiniti dealer because the Nissan dealer isn't authorized to perform factory warranty work. :mad: WTF?

goemony2k1 08-22-2008 12:52 AM

Thanks for giving a heads up!

UR2EZ 08-22-2008 04:24 PM

if the issue applies to both coupes and sedans, then why did the mod place the sticky in the Coupe forum?

OCG35 08-22-2008 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by UR2EZ
if the issue applies to both coupes and sedans, then why did the mod place the sticky in the Coupe forum?

he must be a coupe owner and wants all sedans to die :dunno:

UR2EZ 08-22-2008 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by OCG35
he must be a coupe owner and wants all sedans to die :dunno:

^HAHAHA i wish i could quoute that in my sig

Yen817 09-15-2008 02:20 PM

First post on this forum. After reading this thread I was wondering if my '04 G35 had the same issue. So I ordered some NGK spark plugs a few weeks ago and started changing the plugs on Friday... Guess what? I had some oil in #4 (not much), so I called up my dealership they advise me to put everything back together again and make a appt. Over the weekend pretty worried about my baby and was wondering if I should take off my mods so they wouldn't BS me about warranty. I ended up being lazy and left the mods on. I took the G in today and to my surprise the treated me great and didn't mention anything about the mods installed in the car. Also gave me a new G35 loaner vehicle (9000mi) to rag out. :P

Asad_A203 10-06-2008 11:17 PM

Is this covered under the powertrain warranty (has anyone ACTUALLY got this fixed under the powertrain)? My dealer hates imported g35s; but I will have them change my spark plugs and if they notice any oil to replace it (hopefully under powetrain)

valetkyle 10-06-2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Is this covered under the powertrain warranty (has anyone ACTUALLY got this fixed under the powertrain)? My dealer hates imported g35s; but I will have them change my spark plugs and if they notice any oil to replace it (hopefully under powetrain)

I did as stated above. What do you mean imported G35's? :confused2:

cutiewolf 10-17-2008 07:47 PM

i just changed out my plugs today i got lots of oils in #4 ..have not yet change the passenger side due its dark right now...going to do it first thing in the morning.....and my warrenty r out ..wats the best thing i can do for now??...any updates on the valve cover replace(DIY) .. for ppl like me out of warrenty??.....where do i order the valve covers for a good deal? thank you for your advice/ help!

G35er4life 10-17-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by cutiewolf
i just changed out my plugs today i got lots of oils in #4 ..have not yet change the passenger side due its dark right now...going to do it first thing in the morning.....and my warrenty r out ..wats the best thing i can do for now??...any updates on the valve cover replace(DIY) .. for ppl like me out of warrenty??.....where do i order the valve covers for a good deal? thank you for your advice/ help!

I got my valve covers from riversideinfiniti. It came out to around $450 or so and you will also need new gaskets so that's another 18-20 bucks.
If you are not comfortable at all with doing it yourself then don't do it. This isn't like putting an intake on the car. If you don't tighten the plenum bolts to spec then after a while it will start leaking through there. If you overtighten them you might strip the threads so you have to have the right tools for the job.
I will be changing my valve covers this weekend or next weekend. Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures.

cutiewolf 10-17-2008 11:25 PM

very nice cant wait to see the pics!! ..as for the install i can do it with a friend ...we r a beginner tech.. just need some directions and good tip before doing it..it shouldnt be a problem...

Originally Posted by G35er4life
I got my valve covers from riversideinfiniti. It came out to around $450 or so and you will also need new gaskets so that's another 18-20 bucks.
If you are not comfortable at all with doing it yourself then don't do it. This isn't like putting an intake on the car. If you don't tighten the plenum bolts to spec then after a while it will start leaking through there. If you overtighten them you might strip the threads so you have to have the right tools for the job.
I will be changing my valve covers this weekend or next weekend. Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures.