G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Ya'll will have to excuse me... (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/23217-yall-will-have-excuse-me.html)

6mtInCharlotte 04-28-2004 04:29 AM

Ya'll will have to excuse me...

I just found this forum and am so damned excited that all of my questions are finally being answered.

First off, taking off the INFINITI letters on the trunk.

I've heard about doing it with a hairdryer and dental floss. Any other tips before I go give it a try?

Secondly, anyone have any problems with their front seats feeling loose or wobbly? I'm not too big of a guy (about 190), but my seats don't seem as tight as they were when I drove it off the lot.

Finally, has anyone had any serious problems with their dealerships? I paid cash for my G at Infiniti of Charlotte and they treat me like I bought a Kia or something. They've damaged it 3 times, tried to charge me $1000 to install my satellite radio (I had a loaner I-35 for 2 weeks), failed to align it correctly, and told me that my tires were wearing inconsistently because they were "racing tires."

Needless to say the Nissan dealership down the street was more happy to have my business, and at nearly half the price.

takuyaah 04-28-2004 04:31 AM

Re: Ya'll will have to excuse me...

i have a question...i am not sure what kinda hairdryer u guys use...but mine's power cord is not all that long...and if i don't have an outlet in my apartment's garage..how would u be able to reach the car with the hairdryer?

6mtInCharlotte 04-28-2004 04:32 AM

I was going to use a loooong extension cord. Or just drive up next to an outdoor outlet somewhere.

GeoBau 04-28-2004 04:52 AM

Good idea. Looong extension cord is your best bet.

Expect to see a slight difference in coloration after you take off the letter-- esp. with a dark color like TB/Black. After a few weeks/months of exposure to sunlight, the difference will fade.

Good luck,

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

DHCrocks 04-28-2004 06:08 AM

you don't need a hair drier, I did mine with only dental floss. If you park it out in the sun for a while to warm it up and soften the adhesive that helps a little.

esemes 04-28-2004 06:18 AM

yep...

the newer the car, the easier the job.....

mine had no ghosting effects, as my build date was only a month & ½ ago........

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/files/sigpic35.jpg

240231-REFLECT2.jpg

04G_CAR 04-28-2004 07:34 AM

esemes, Your left exhaust tip looks bent to the left...

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero / Pedals / Clears

mizzoutiger 04-28-2004 09:35 AM

I had my dealer debadge my G35 emblem for free...along with the dealer's cheap sticker.

tgalvez 04-28-2004 02:47 PM

Use the hair dryer man.. I guess you could do it without it, but youre gonna need alot more force to get them puppies off.

XIMER 04-28-2004 03:09 PM

thats not coo....you paid cash and they treat you like that....i paid about 80% of the car price w/ my trade in....and before i bought my car....they were so nice to me.....afterwards....omg....i posted about my complaints too....but your place seems little overboard....damaged your car 3 times....loaner for 2 weeks....you might want to contact infiniti consumer affairs and send a letter to the corporate office/headquarters...

Audi_2_7t 04-28-2004 03:38 PM

where are u guys located? when i had my I30 i paid cash and they treated me soo nice. After taking my business to glendale, even though i didnt buy from them, they treated me like a king. I was 16 at the time and they gave me loaners and service was second to none~.

6mtInCharlotte 04-28-2004 08:50 PM

Charlotte NC. I forgot to mention that they gave me $200 for a 7 year old Nissan 200sx as a trade in. I bought a cover for the G....with my trade in. Awesome huh?