G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Driver side door wont stay open (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/251284-driver-side-door-wont-stay-open.html)

Turbo nasty 10-23-2008 05:33 PM

Driver side door wont stay open

Whats up guys, lurker on the site for a while and have to say thanksfor all the info, DIY, etc that is here. It has helped me with expectations,repairs, etc.
I have noticed that my driver side door does not want to sty openlike it used to.
There is two spots that the door swings out and kind holds itself open, 1 about half way then the other all the way.
Now its like there is nothing there to hold it.
I have ext warr and it will cover it im just curious to whether this is a common problem.
Searched but did find any info

Darkstar752 10-23-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo nasty
Whats up guys, lurker on the site for a while and have to say thanksfor all the info, DIY, etc that is here. It has helped me with expectations,repairs, etc.
I have noticed that my driver side door does not want to sty openlike it used to.
There is two spots that the door swings out and kind holds itself open, 1 about half way then the other all the way.
Now its like there is nothing there to hold it.
I have ext warr and it will cover it im just curious to whether this is a common problem.
Searched but did find any info

It's because the thing that holds the door open is weak and it wears out over time. I haven't seen a fix yet but it is an extremely common problem.

jutn35 10-23-2008 10:23 PM

everyone has that problem. just a breeze hits it, itll come crashing on any limb hanging out side. hurts like a mofo :icon11:

Turbo nasty 10-24-2008 11:58 AM

Thanx dudes.....Guess its time for the 50 dollar deductible

Doc_Yizz 10-24-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jutn35
everyone has that problem. just a breeze hits it, itll come crashing on any limb hanging out side. hurts like a mofo :icon11:

One time I was securing my daughter on her car seat, left leg outside the car. Door closed and banged my knee against the door jamb. I was limping for about a week.

Doc_Yizz 10-24-2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
It's because the thing that holds the door open is weak and it wears out over time. I haven't seen a fix yet but it is an extremely common problem.

The fix is to replace the part. It is called "door check" and should cost no more than $30 each.

idrive_MD 10-24-2008 04:50 PM

i park on the slightest lean on my driveway when i get home everytime and I just hate having to open my door, especially when my hands are full, i get extremely frustrated for some reason...but then i turn around as I walk away and forgive it.

Turbo nasty 10-27-2008 10:17 AM

I let you know how the warranty handles it.