G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   need advice on getting front bumper.. if people could please give me some advice.. (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/267447-need-advice-getting-front-bumper-if-people-could-please-give-me-some-advice.html)

0MGHI2U 01-25-2009 06:39 PM

need advice on getting front bumper.. if people could please give me some advice..

i really want to get the Greddy front bumper on my coupe but i keep reading on the posts that good majority of bodykits are fiberglass. and they crack, chip, and just get damaged easily.. is fiberglass more fragile in the winter? i don't know if that is true? does anyone have fiberglass bumpers? any issues? i have a 06 coupe 6mt with the sport front bumper... if there was a nice lip for my car i would get that but i cant seem to find any front lips for my car since its the oem sport bumper.. any suggestions.. would appreciate it. thanks

officerdbag 01-25-2009 06:55 PM

You need a longer thread title...

Jk.. Seriously, its true the fiberglass/carbon fiber bumpers are fvcking crap.. It will annoy the sh1t out of you.. I can go off so much on this subject from my own experience but I'm not going to get myself pissed off on it lol..

Goodluck.

gary c 01-25-2009 07:00 PM

Front Bumpers....what not to buy!

Had I purchased a fiberglass bumper it would have been gone months ago.
My Kuruma Z bumper is urethane, painted correctly it will withstand all kinds
of abuse....and has! Don't buy anything but urethane, it won't be worth it!
Gary

officerdbag 01-25-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 3844130)
Gary

+1

Your car will slowly start to look more and more ghetto with fiberglass crap.. Even painting the fiberglass itself is a total b1tch

LaConic2 01-25-2009 07:13 PM

u can down grade n get a non sport bumper and get oem or data lip. the sport bumper is actually pretty nice looking.

body kits - urethane for sure nothing else..fiberglass is DOO-doo after some time.
headaches for days!

as for other choices, i think a nismo front is sudtle and jdm, but not stock...nice touch.

2drwild 01-25-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 3844130)
Gary

+ 1 he speaks the truth...LOL i have busted 3 already...gary where is your trophy?

Beebo 01-25-2009 07:56 PM

Member/Sponsor EricIsKlumzyee makes a Data lip for the sport bumper and a urethane Greddy front bumper

0MGHI2U 01-25-2009 09:11 PM

thanks everyone... man couldn't ask for anymore help. haha.. yea i was so hesitant to get the fiberglass.. gonna stick with urethane.. is ericisklumzyee's bumpers good quality and fitment bumpers?

ShanesG 01-25-2009 09:15 PM

If you are not low you will be fine with fiberglass, im dumped and have a fiberglass bumper, if you fuk up a fiberglass bumper its a whole lot easier to fix than urethane, IMO they both have their pros and cons, really doesn't matter to me, i just gotta be a lil more careful witha fiberglass front, unfortunatly my bumper doesn't come in urethane and it's the only front bumper i'd run on my car so im screwed.

fl0wmastr 01-25-2009 10:56 PM

when u get your new bumper. pm me and ill buy your 07 sport bumper off of you!
what color is it ?

0MGHI2U 01-26-2009 02:35 AM

what are your advices on DURAFLEX Bumpers? are they pretty much going to be a nightmare as fiberglass?