G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   What Mods WILL void your warrenty? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/292163-what-mods-will-void-your-warrenty.html)

Mashimarho 06-09-2009 01:50 PM

What Mods WILL void your warrenty?

I know some simple things won't.

but....... as far as I know, I want exhaust, headers, intake, and suspension done. Are there anything else that will void / not void the warrenty?

BlueSteel 06-09-2009 02:00 PM

If the dealership can justify that one of your mods was the cause of a problem, they can void the warranty for that problem ... I think.

fresh_06'G35 06-09-2009 02:03 PM

^+1 thats what ive heard

seymore4 06-09-2009 02:30 PM

Plus they won't warranty any of your aftermarket goodies :bowrofl:

rasetsu 06-10-2009 10:46 AM

There isn't one magical mod you can do that will void the warranty on the entire car. If you modify the suspension and your wheel falls off, then you are probably SOL. If you've modded your suspension and your rearview mirror falls off, they may try to blame it on your suspension for causing excessive vibration. That would be up to the dealership. If you've modded your exhaust and your power seat stops working, then that's still covered because they are completely unrelated. Make sense?

vhtran 06-10-2009 11:16 AM

^ RASETSU: good point....

^^True that they will have to proof that certain mod causes the whatever you claim to void your warranty but you know how stealerships are. They will try every way to take money from your pocket, that's where they make money. Prepare for headaches trying to fight with them. Unless you have a friendly mech and service manager.

Mashimarho 06-10-2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by rasetsu (Post 4301035)
There isn't one magical mod you can do that will void the warranty on the entire car. If you modify the suspension and your wheel falls off, then you are probably SOL. If you've modded your suspension and your rearview mirror falls off, they may try to blame it on your suspension for causing excessive vibration. That would be up to the dealership. If you've modded your exhaust and your power seat stops working, then that's still covered because they are completely unrelated. Make sense?

Wow that made a lot of sense. So basicly warrenty doesn't cover mods, and anything related to mods. But, the warrenty has no affect over the mods itself.
I get it.. Thanks a bunch!

ZMonkey11 06-10-2009 03:56 PM

Yeah, what rasetsu is all correct. Plus, its all dealership discretion. I've had horror stories on the Honda Prelude board I used to be on where the motor went out, and the customer had an intake on the car. Warranty was voided. At the same time, I destroyed my transmission, had intake, exhaust, and pullies on my car, and they didn't ask a single question. covered it under warranty right away.

Just find a cool service manager and make friends with him.

Nobleswede 06-14-2009 11:33 PM

Read the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act, all your questions will be answered