G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   coupe is overheating?????? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/294920-coupe-overheating.html)

johnsonp 06-26-2009 10:09 PM

coupe is overheating??????

my 05 g35 coupe started overheating while driving slow and at idle when i had a/c on then went to normal when i gained speed. then it overheated when a/c is off but when i gained speed it went to norma and i dont hear the fans cutting on, whats the deal? i have enough antifreeze.

partyman66 06-26-2009 10:44 PM

Normally I would say to replace the thermostat, but if it only does it when you're sitting still or going slow, then the thermostat is probably working(unless there is some vibration in your car while moving faster that is allowing it to shake and open rather than remain stuck closed), there must be something messed up with your cooling fans or the temperature sensor that turns them on.

Start off checking the wires going to the fan to make sure there are no cuts in them or worn casings on the wires and that the plug connects firmly and locks in tightly to the harness.

NoHomo 06-26-2009 10:57 PM

The reason your car is cooling off when you go fast is because the wind is hitting the front of the car thus causing the fans to spin and also cooling the car off. Do you see any coolant on the ground such as a very slow leak. Let your car sit and see if there is any coolant on the ground within about 2 to 3 hours or so. And if the car is running check and see if it leaks as well as this means you have a bad gasket/seal. Either way it could be three things. The fuse/relay for your fans went out(Not likely), Your thermostat is bad(Likely), or you have a bad gasket/seal(Likely). The last one is very likely if you just changed the thermostat yourself and didn't seal it properly...

HipHopPro 06-26-2009 11:43 PM

When that happen to me it was my thermostat. I have an 04 coupe, and I was at 53,000 when it happened.

Shrtfuze 06-27-2009 08:33 AM

well i had this problem before and my mechanic told me if the ac is still blowing cold and your having the overheating problem it could just be the fuse for the radiator/condensor fan... i changed my fuse and well it worked no thermostat problem or anything... so try this first and see what happens hope it isnt something too big and best of luck

nyckid 06-27-2009 08:39 AM

There are a few of us with the same problems, including myself as well. Please check this thread and maybe we can all put our heads together and figure this strange overheating issue out.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ing-issue.html

pwebb 06-27-2009 09:28 AM

do you have heat at idle?

any recent cooling system repairs/maintenance?

jaymsgrv 06-29-2009 06:04 PM

I have an '03 and mine is doing the same thing. Only at a complete stop does my gauge start rising. Fans, plugs, coolant, radiator cap- all intact. It's stock so i'm guessing an upgrade will help.

Shrtfuze 07-02-2009 09:08 PM

if its at a stop that means ur fan isnt starting since air while driving causes the fan to spin... i suggest checking all yur electrical first fuses wires etc before doing anything major... since the car/ fuses do get hot you could have blown it out... this is likely since it is hot and summer is here causing ur radiator fan to come on... please let us know how it turns out..

prjoker 09-01-2009 07:21 PM

dam this sucks cause my 04 coupe is still overheating:( Lets see if u guys have the same issue? A/C blows hot when at idle after awhile, will overheat at idle, change thermosat, and all drive belts(cracked and glazed). Fans will runs on low speeds, but haven't heard them on high for a while. Checked the relay/fuse box next to the battery(u have to take off the crow to get to it) all check good Ohms, couldn't check the contact with no power. Got a OTC Cromwell scaner that said cooling fans low ON, but cooling fans OFF. So i must have a bad relay/fuse or wire somewhere:(

BlackBeachG35 06-16-2013 08:36 PM

Both Fans

Hey guys, newbie here: '07 G35 coupe
I've been reading through the forums here and haven't definitively determined if both fans are supposed to be running at the same speed at all times (low speed or high speed or off).

I have been having some problems with my engine temperatures getting higher than I would like. It would likely overheat if I let it.

It runs perfect with the A/C off, in both stop and go traffic and sustained highway speeds. but when the A/C is on, the engine temp start to rise in stop and go traffic, or even when idling. At highway speeds, or even at 25 mph, the engine temp doesn't go any higher than 45% on the gauge.

The fan on the drivers side runs at high speed, but the one on the passenger side does not turn on until the temperature rises above normal, and then, it runs at a low speed.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Nisismo 07-11-2013 02:47 PM

Had this issue a few years ago one of your fans isnt kicking up ......and all the reasons this occurs are listed above

slikmo22 07-12-2013 02:22 AM

Most likely your fan motor its a known issue with the 03-07 coupes... infiniti extended the warranty on the fan motors for 8yrs or 100k miles whichever comes first.

Alex305 07-12-2013 10:05 AM

Most likely is one of your fans going bad i have same problems with mine (05 96K miles)it was overheating i took it to the infiniti dealer today to get it fixed under warranty.I'm hoping that fixes the problem my car is at the dealer right now as we speak am also getting the airbag recall done under warranty .

BlackBeachG35 07-13-2013 08:28 AM

yeah I actually solved the issue. Took it to infiniti and they replaced the fan motors under the extended warranty.