G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Documentation

Here is the powerpoint presentation I put together along with Attachments 1 - 4. 6 is the TSB.

Last edited by G356MTBB; 07-27-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Documentation # 2

Attachments and BBB inspector report

Last edited by G356MTBB; 07-27-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, this sucks.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While this sucks and is unacceptable for a dealer to do I see issues that some seem to forget.
The biggest being the mods on the car when brought in. While most of us know that this is not the cause, you give the dealer an out by just having them. There is no arguing it. If you alter the car they can deny warranty on that item or anything its connected to. They are suppose to prove it but they don't have to. Its not a Nissan certified part so no luck there. There are many grey areas where this is a huge flaw but it is in place for their benefit and not yours. Some dealers will look the other way to take care of a customer but not all of them.
Another problem is how things started. As soon as they mentioned the aftermarket parts you should have went to work. Documents of testing of mentioned parts as well as qualified techs letters to support your claims. Its hard to blame a part when you have hard facts. The burden of proof is always an upper hand.

Most techs these days at dealers are not qualified to make decisions like this nor are the service managers or writers. The reps they send out are even worst. Most of them where ****ty service guys that couldn't make it in the shop. Anyone the BBB sends out is going to be a joke as well. I guess its just the way life is now. No different then a insurance adjuster. They know all but miss all.

From here I would get your proof. The BBB tech didn't hurt you but didn't help either. Get hard facts that those parts have no ill effects on the problem your having. Get qualified tech to support this in writing as well. It may not help but you have a better shot at making your case. Since those parts where present they can tell you to **** off either way without no recourse. Lawyer or not. It sucks but most dealers are greedy scum bags that care about nothing more then you spending money. Customer service has been long lost.
There is nothing more a business hates then bad press on the local news. We have a station that does a thing called problem solvers and will bother shoty business till there is a resolution. Its had a very positive response. Check your local news stations to see if they can help. You would be surprised how getting the word out to thousands can get a company to take the high road and do whats right.

Good luck either way!

Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearBra_Guy
While this sucks and is unacceptable for a dealer to do I see issues that some seem to forget.
The biggest being the mods on the car when brought in. While most of us know that this is not the cause, you give the dealer an out by just having them. There is no arguing it. If you alter the car they can deny warranty on that item or anything its connected to. They are suppose to prove it but they don't have to.
If you take them to court, they do in fact have to prove it, and not just by saying so or bringing in an expert. In this case, they'd have to show how the aftermarket exhaust did indeed create a back-pressure situation that caused the problem. The MMWA requires it. And if they lose, they not only have to pay for the repairs, they have to pay for all your legal fees in bringing the case. The MMWA was put in place to address the exact scenario that's happening to G346MTBB, i.e. a dealership arbitrarily denying a warranty claim.

I would suggest taking them to court, because even if they could prove the exhaust caused the problem, the costs involved in proving it far outweigh the cost of putting a new engine in the car.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes, hindsight being 20/20 I made a lot of mistakes... Unfortunately they had already documented a couple of my mods early on. To remove the mods every time I had the oil change is ridiculous to say the least but it's a chance we all take right?

The first mistake I made was taking it to JC, I should have heeded warnings and taken it to Infiniti of Tysons where, as you say "Some dealers will look the other way to take care of a customer but not all of them. "

Hopefully everyone in my area, and those outside see the moral of the story! Find a "mod" friendly dealership!

The second to last paragraph is what I'm planning on doing. It will cost me $800 and it's a risk... Probably won't get that money back... Maybe it'll help, maybe it won't.

As far as media, well, this thread is still ranking pretty high so that's good, we do have 7 on your side here... I'm contemplating it... A class action lawsuit would be nice too!

Originally Posted by ClearBra_Guy
The biggest being the mods on the car when brought in. While most of us know that this is not the cause, you give the dealer an out by just having them. There is no arguing it. If you alter the car they can deny warranty on that item or anything its connected to. They are suppose to prove it but they don't have to. Its not a Nissan certified part so no luck there. There are many grey areas where this is a huge flaw but it is in place for their benefit and not yours. Some dealers will look the other way to take care of a customer but not all of them.
Another problem is how things started. As soon as they mentioned the aftermarket parts you should have went to work. Documents of testing of mentioned parts as well as qualified techs letters to support your claims. Its hard to blame a part when you have hard facts. The burden of proof is always an upper hand.

Most techs these days at dealers are not qualified to make decisions like this nor are the service managers or writers. The reps they send out are even worst. Most of them where ****ty service guys that couldn't make it in the shop. Anyone the BBB sends out is going to be a joke as well. I guess its just the way life is now. No different then a insurance adjuster. They know all but miss all.

From here I would get your proof. The BBB tech didn't hurt you but didn't help either. Get hard facts that those parts have no ill effects on the problem your having. Get qualified tech to support this in writing as well. It may not help but you have a better shot at making your case. Since those parts where present they can tell you to **** off either way without no recourse. Lawyer or not. It sucks but most dealers are greedy scum bags that care about nothing more then you spending money. Customer service has been long lost.
There is nothing more a business hates then bad press on the local news. We have a station that does a thing called problem solvers and will bother shoty business till there is a resolution. Its had a very positive response. Check your local news stations to see if they can help. You would be surprised how getting the word out to thousands can get a company to take the high road and do whats right.

Good luck either way!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I would hope everyone on this forum boycotts this dealership for anything and everything. I know it can't get you financial satisfaction or justice but would it do any good to get everyone on here to do a massive emailing complaint to Inifiniti USA itself. If anything maybe it would hurt this dealerships bottom line or further pay them a lesson by hurting their reputation more than it already is.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh, i can guarantee if my G and I ever end up in Maryland anywhere, I will avoid Jim Coleman Infiniti like the plague.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by COMMANDOE
I would hope everyone on this forum boycotts this dealership for anything and everything. I know it can't get you financial satisfaction or justice but would it do any good to get everyone on here to do a massive emailing complaint to Inifiniti USA itself. If anything maybe it would hurt this dealerships bottom line or further pay them a lesson by hurting their reputation more than it already is.
Ive already told my service rep and service manager that this situation with the OP and myself are really hurting their business. I told them that there are so many complaints about this dealership on our g35 forums and the internet but they still continue to practice they way they do. They dont want to change.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
You know what would be funny... If a lot of you east coast guys got together and convoyed down to Jim Coleman just to ask "where can we find IOT because we all need an oil change" or something like that... I would love to see the looks on their faces.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
You know what would be funny... If a lot of you east coast guys got together and convoyed down to Jim Coleman just to ask "where can we find IOT because we all need an oil change" or something like that... I would love to see the looks on their faces.
this is very doable

Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Hardship SUCKS!

Man this really sucks! I can only imagine the stress these people are putting on you. All in all, I hope everything goes well and thanks for this interesting and knowledgeable thread. Best of LUCK man.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
i got a dealership by me in willow grove pa that is the same way, they dont care about the customers, just the money they make and nothing else. als they love to low ball ppl on trade ins. if anyone is from around here dont go to the willow grove infiniti stealership because they sux big time. and worst part yet i have a buddy that is a sales rep there and hge cant even budge them to help customers out.

hope everything works out bro!!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 PM
August 12 is my arbitration meeting.... Oh boy... Anyone want to place money on what the outcome will be??

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by G356MTBB
August 12 is my arbitration meeting.... Oh boy... Anyone want to place money on what the outcome will be??
goodluck man.....i really hope you win and get what you deserve which is a new motor!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs