G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Denied

What a crock. Don't waste your time with BBB folks. In fact if you put any modifications on your car either 1) remove them for service visits or 2) don't bother or 3) accept that you'll be screwed by Nissan if you keep them on. They love those that modify, it just saves them from fixing their sh*tty design flaws and keeps them out of recall status. Way to work the system Nissan! And to think I supported the brand enough to want to restore a 280ZX!

BBB denied the claim stating I could not prove that the OC issue existed prior to me modifing the car despite the FACT that there is a FREAKIN TSB NISSAN PUBLISHED! They also hit me up for participating in HPDE (High Performance Driver Education programs) so what Nissan is telling everyone. These cars are pieces of sh*t and aren't meant to be driven. Hmm, I seem to recall that BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. all have sanctioned HPDE's to teach their customers how to drive their car... I guess that's why you dont' see many 350Z's or G's on the track... I guess I'm the only dumbass that would consider it!

I'm going to take some time and think about what to do next. Mainly I want to post EVERYTHING here so people can see what a crock of sh*t this is including the taped conversation and the outrageous allegations that Rich (Nissan/Infiniti Rep) made, honestly, the guy was so disorganized and disheveled I'm shocked that he could put two sentences together that didn't include "racing seatbelts, lowered suspension, racing brakes". Get this... Guy says I increased the amount of heat produced by the engine that my EXHAUST TURNED BLUE at the tips!!! Hey dumbass... It's an HKS Hi-Power exhaust with Titanium tips BLUED by the factory... OK so I left the Hey dumbass part off my response. Why don't you think before you speak. I'm obviously pissed so I'll sleep on the decision to post it all so that I don't do anything rash.... However, what damage could I do? What are they going to do NOT repair my car... oh wait...

Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a fan of Jim Coleman. I'm in the Baltimore Co. area and I know people who do lots of business personally with Jim Coleman... Say he's quite the a$$hole in and out of business. I would bet that if this entire situation had gone down with another dealership, like JBA, it would've taken quite a different route....

Plus - not only is the dude an a$$hole but he is a thief....jacks up prices on his lot like a motherfvcker!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear that man!!! That's BS!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
This is horrible to hear.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Looks like it might be time to lawyer up!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Hmm

is this Z Fever in Tampa?

Ive heard real shady things about them.
Be careful

Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by OPTiK
Looks like it might be time to lawyer up!
^Agreed. Try to get a lawyer to take your case on contingency. If you can't find a lawyer that will take the case on contingency, more than likely it is a case that you will lose... However, I'm sure that going to court over your issue will cost Infiniti more than it will cost them to just pay for your engine and be done with you. Even if they don't claim fault it just makes more sense for them to settle. The only reason they may decide to actually go to court is to show the general population that they won't just roll over and pay every time something goes wrong with one of their cars.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Hmm

Be careful
Neg, this is Jim Coleman Infiniti in Baltimore, MD.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Hmm

Be careful
Doug at ZFever has been the only person in this whole situation that has given a sh*t and taken the time to help me. He is the man as far as I'm concerned.

So here's the latest.

Infiniti of Tysons = Jim Coleman Infiniti as far as I'm concerned. I was extremely dissapointed. I've heard so much about how great they are from this board, I expected light to shoot out their asses and angels to sign Hallelujah Chorus. Well, not that high of expectations but I think you get my point. Service.... SUCKED... Dropped the car off on a Thursday. By the following Thursday after spending 3 hours on my car, (isn't there 40 in a week?) they told me my IPDM and ECU were fried. JCI strikes again.... They want 2k for the parts. I jump on the internet order an ECU and IPDM for $750 overnighted. They tell me yeah, we can get them in if they get here by 3:00 tomorrow (Friday). Call the service manager and say I got two shipments coming in tomorrow by 3:00. "OK" he says... One part is delivered at 9:30 the next morning. The other is attempted to be delivered an hour after that and the MFrs REJECT the shipment! I spend the rest of the afternoon chasing down UPS to attempt redelivery after the stupid *** manager tells his Parts guy NOT to reject the shipment (Shouldn't this have been done BEFORE?!?! Guess you can't fix stupid). ECU doesn't get there until 3:30. At this time I get the sob story of they close at 5. I'm like put the fing thing in you have 2 hours. At 4:30 I get a call that the IPDM and ECU are in and they started started the car and it runs fine. Then he tells me uh, well, we didn't do any of the other work (put the belts on, fill up the radiator, power steering, put the missing bolts back in my suspension, etc.) because we weren't sure if you were going to want to spend the money. I'm like WHAT THE F*CK? I put a $3,500 engine into a $35k automobile that has 30k miles on it but you thought I didn't want to spend 2k more to fix the f*cking thing??? So then I find out that they won't let another tech work on the car and the MY car's tech is going on fing vacation for a week. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SH*T? What were you doing for a whole week???? So I tell him I'm picking the car up get it ready. Find out it hasn't even left the spot where it was towed to!!!! What a crap *** dealership guys. All this told to me with a non-caring attitude (like who gives a f9ck you have no other place to go). Well, I picked up the car via UHAUL and paraded that MFer around their dealership... Nice shiny Black G35 on the back of a Uhaul being towed by a Lexus.... I felt like rolling down the window and telling all the people staring "This is what Infiniti calls service!"

So they charged me $600 for 5 hours which they probably spent 3. What a bunch of crooks. No apologies, no have a nice day, no nothing. Just attitude from a 26 yo kid who thinks he knows what he's doing.

Took the car home and within a matter of about 2 hours she's running and I just finished doing a test run. Engine is great 100% what I was sold (THANKS DOUG!!!), I've got a lot of chatter from my clutch and flywheel and the clutch is a bit rough engaging and doesn't grab until I'm pretty far off the pedal so I'll be pulling that again and checking it. (I'm an f'in pro by now). The only thing I feel pretty damn good about is all that computer stuff I couldn't do unless I had CONSULT II was the ONLY thing wrong with my install. I did have one clamp I missed that started spewing coolant but a quick plyer fix and it was taken care of. I still have a CAN problem (U1001 and U1000) showing up so I'm going to have to find someone to help me with that. Probably another F'in computer that is fried thanks to JCI.

So I've come to another conclusion that I'll share with the class... Dealerships employ technicians that know how to loosen an oil drain plug, watch the oil drain, change the oil filter, tighten the oil drain plug, and fill the engine back up with oil. Maybe change the wiper blades, rotate tires, and put that little sticker on your window (which means they can add). THAT's if you're lucky. Dealerships then employ ONE person that actually knows more than the above but only slightly. Enough to pass an ASE test without cheating or bribing. This guy is the one you get when you need anything else but an oil change and HE knows how to change the spark plugs, maybe do a clutch job, change your catalytic converters, etc. NOTHING highly mechanical such as tearing down an engine. Did I mention that the tech did not know how to use CONSULT to diagnose the car!? They had to bring in their Service Manager TEAM LEAD to help him. Good Lord, all this and you get charged $120 per hour, oh, and guess what.... EVERYTHING takes an hour

But, alas, you're stuck if you need anything related to CONSULT II. Everything else, you have a choice! Take it to someone OTHER than the dealer. Sh&T bring it to me! I've done damn near EVERYTHING on this car, and I'll charge you $80 an hour in 15 minute increments!

At this point, I have to laugh. I've already done every other emotion so this is the only one left I have to give...

Thanks to all of you for reading, your well wishes, etc. I promise I'll post my exhaust note that caused all of this just so you guys can laugh too.

Word to the wise... DON'T MOD your car and expect that Nissan will go... Yo dude, that's cool... We gotchur back man... They won't, I expect that if you changed your air filter with a K&N they might consider that a MOD that caused your oil consumption.

LOL.....

Last edited by G356MTBB; 09-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
i feel your pain bro...hang in there and i hope the g treats you well