G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another speeding ticket question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another speeding ticket question

Man, I've had the worst luck with this car--things getting damaged, cop magnet, etc... On my trip to Ohio a few weeks ago, I got pulled over in rural South Carolina for doing 76 in a 55 zone (didn't feel like I was going that fast!) and got another ticket--I had just gotten out of a previous one. I was controlling my speeding urges pretty well until right before that point, then Bam (as if that wasn't bad enough, an 18-wheeler kicked up a shredded tire and broke my right headlight on the way back)! I used to never get speeding tickets but this past year has been crazy and I'm really not a bad speeder!?... Anyway, I've been searching online like crazy to find out if the points from this SC ticket will transfer to my FL license and if my insurance will go up (again), but keep coming up empty. Does anyone here have an idea? It's hard to find attorneys in the area where this happened, so I don't know what to do. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Please don't go off on those fatherly "don't speed" rampages, like in earlier threads--I'm 28 and my head's screwed on straight, so spare me.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 08-24-2004, 02:11 AM
Re: Another speeding ticket question

I just got my speed ticket and I got myself a lawyer for 200 dollar per ticket. I got 170 dollar ticket and it's only 30bucks more for no record. I advice is to find a trafic lawyer(but not a lawyer who will charge you by hours or over 250dollar. It's usually 200 dollars for one ticket in WA. I don't have to go to court either. The lawyer will take care of everything using police report(the lawyer didn't even hear my story, since the judge will most likely ignore it). My court date is 9/13. I don't have to go but we will see. The chance is 9:1. 9 being case drop. Well, hope this info helps.

2004 IP everything 5AT/MOMO shift ****/Typhoon/PS2/Clear Corners/Blue Fog Lt/All white blue bulbs inside out except purple light under the door/Z-tube and K&N Drop in (on the way)

Old 08-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Me too,I'm just like you I have 300zxtt for like 10years and I only got one ticket.This g35 got me 2 tickets so far in one year I don't know it just me or just bad luck now I'm so scare to speed . I live in Florida right now there are so many cops don't they have better things to do than catching up on speeder I'm not a bad driver.About ticket I just give to the lawer and they take care of it I don't have to do anything but it's cost me too much money. good luck to you. 6mt b/b

Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Me too , I'm just like you I have 300zxtt for over 10years and it's faster than G35 and I only got one ticket.I have this g35 for only one year with 2 tickets for speeding and i don't think I was going that fast.I live in S.Folrida and right now there are seem like alot of cops and sometime t see some Suv going pass by me really fast that really **** me off because I'm so scare to drive fast and I'm not a bad driver.I just give my tickets to a lawyer and they take care of it but it's cost me alot of money.This g35c 6mt don't make to go only 65 mhr. Good luck to you. 6mt b/b.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:12 PM

If you live in miami, I can give you a number to a lawyer who can help you out, So far I've had 2 speeding tickets of varying range, and he dealt with them pretty well, one of them dismissed the other reduced and no points. He charges 69.00 a ticket, and will represent.

-BM

Old 08-24-2004, 07:10 PM

I just used one in Ft. Lauderdale for my last ticket and paid only $69 plus court costs ('wonder if we used the same lawyer?), but I doubt any lawyer down here is going to go to a S. Carolina court to beat this for me... I just noticed one thing on this ticket though--it does not indicate how my speed was determined (unless I'm missing something, but I doubt it)!

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/