G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I officially hate black G35 coupes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Well this is a really great way to start a new week, hate and a pissy attitude. There's nothing wrong with dark colors if you have the time and patience to keep them clean. I wouldn't own a dark colored car if I didn't have a garage, car cover and a duster for each hand. TB shows just as much dust as OB but most everyone, including myself loves the color.... Gary
Exactly. I've washed my car inside my garage since the first day I bought it just so the sun and wind won't leave water spots. I can't imagine how dirty a dark car would get sitting outside all day . If you're the type of person who likes seeing your car nice and clean all the time, you gotta know what you're getting yourself into when buying a dark colored car.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 a garage is a MUST on darker colored cars.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
... maybe I have "eagle-eye" or invert-vision or something because I can see the lines better in my OB than any other color

Black cars are not harder to keep clean. All cars get dirty just the same, but black paint shows dirt more when in sun light.

... I usually run the car through the gas station's car wash every couple of weeks, depending on the weather, and it stays clean and shiny.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^^ Gas station car wash??? How does your car look in direct sunlight?

I put my dads black prius through a shell car wash once before, never again after I saw all the swirl marks it left lol.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Lakeshore Slate!! <3

Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by System Shock
... maybe I have "eagle-eye" or invert-vision or something because I can see the lines better in my OB than any other color

Black cars are not harder to keep clean. All cars get dirty just the same, but black paint shows dirt more when in sun light.

... I usually run the car through the gas station's car wash every couple of weeks, depending on the weather, and it stays clean and shiny.
omg...
why would u do that? haha car wash!?

i always knew car washes were bad, but i was reminded when this video on youtube showed a guy professionally detailing same cars, same miles, same year, same brand etc...

this detail job was like a 500 dollar job, with the best stuff.

they drove 1 through a car wash, 1 hand wash, and 1 using like tools

ranked outta 10 on how much damage it does:
car wash = 8/10
tool wash = 6/10
hand wash= 3/10

Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM
My silver coupe hates you too.....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
since my car turned green it takes about half as long to wash properly compared to when it was black..

that said... i still think obsidian black is the best OEM color for any infiniti...

just remember sexiness of black cars overcomes the PITA it is to keep them clean

Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
omg...
why would u do that? haha car wash!?

i always knew car washes were bad, but i was reminded when this video on youtube showed a guy professionally detailing same cars, same miles, same year, same brand etc...

this detail job was like a 500 dollar job, with the best stuff.

they drove 1 through a car wash, 1 hand wash, and 1 using like tools

ranked outta 10 on how much damage it does:
car wash = 8/10
tool wash = 6/10
hand wash= 3/10

Ok. so let me get this straight... you saw a video on youtube of a guy detailing cars and then they came up with some "damage ranking"... ok..

What was 10-rated damage? Stripped paint to the bare metal? Didn't shine as much?
What exactly is "tool wash"?
There are 2 main types of car washes: touchless and cloth rollers. Which one did they use? You can walk through the cloth rollers and you won't feel a thing. Touchless is just water spray.
Was teh carwash a gas station carwash, or one of those full service places where people wipe off the car?

$500.00 for a wax job that gets damaged running through a car wash? What a rip off.

My very first job was detailing cars, which I did for 2 years. Detailing the outside of a car is basically a 3-step process (well, unless there's tar and bugs and stuff embedded in the paint): strip old wax, wax, seal. If done properly, the car will look great for months,and you don't need to pay hundreds of dollars on wax expensive products... and believe it or not, the wax/sealant you get in a car wash does keep the wax job looking good.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by System Shock
Ok. so let me get this straight... you saw a video on youtube of a guy detailing cars and then they came up with some "damage ranking"... ok..

What was 10-rated damage? Stripped paint to the bare metal? Didn't shine as much?
What exactly is "tool wash"?
There are 2 main types of car washes: touchless and cloth rollers. Which one did they use? You can walk through the cloth rollers and you won't feel a thing. Touchless is just water spray.
Was teh carwash a gas station carwash, or one of those full service places where people wipe off the car?

$500.00 for a wax job that gets damaged running through a car wash? What a rip off.

My very first job was detailing cars, which I did for 2 years. Detailing the outside of a car is basically a 3-step process (well, unless there's tar and bugs and stuff embedded in the paint): strip old wax, wax, seal. If done properly, the car will look great for months,and you don't need to pay hundreds of dollars on wax expensive products... and believe it or not, the wax/sealant you get in a car wash does keep the wax job looking good.
ur right about the 10.
and yeah, it was a video comparing damage of car wash to hand wash.
basically showing the exponential damage from car wash compared to hand wash.

im pretty sure to them 500 dollar wax was nothing, it was like some big company.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 PM
here is a link to the video in question... Fifth Gear out of the UK.

I love my black car... I just wipe it ever so often in the evening and it keeps it looking good between washes . *I do have a garage so I guess I cheat :P*

Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by mgmarsh39
here is a link to the video in question... Fifth Gear out of the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE

I love my black car... I just wipe it ever so often in the evening and it keeps it looking good between washes . *I do have a garage so I guess I cheat :P*
thanks.
video = evidence.
no1 thinks im crazy now haha.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
I agree.. When you had the body kit it was so hard to tell. I can barely even remember how it looked.

BUTTT when you clean your G... Ahhhh looks so good for a full 5 min till it gets dusty again.

Gas station car wash?? Owner should be shot. Lol jk
not even 5 mins...

Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
Dg ftmfw
DG/cf ftw lmao

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I officially hate black G35 coupes