G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help deciding.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Need help deciding.

Alright guys I drive a 07 MT coupe and I recently picked up an HKS hi power exhaust. I can't wait to have it installed in my car but before I do that I need to make a decision. The hard part is done.. getting the hks exhaust.. lol Now the problem is that I'm torn between HFCs and Motordyne's popular Art pipes. I've read through the forums about how you get more gains off the art pipes but how the art pipes smell a lot worse? Or people saying it's too loud with the art pipes and that the HFCs give you a nicer cleaner sound. I know the whole sound thing is very subjective but can you guys help me make my decision by giving me your overall experience with the art pipes/HFCs? Thanks!

*Also planning to pick up a 5/16 spacer and MREV2 then getting a tune for my baby.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:39 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
ART pipes>HFCs all day long. Sexy tone, more power and the smell issue is waaaaaay overrated.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
I have the same Hks.Get art pipes. Hands down. 1. It'll awaken the Hks (cuz it sounds kinda flat stock) 2. The slight power increase is nice 3. I personally enjoy the smell so I wouldnt worry about it being unbearable. There's a video of it online and I have a personal one too I can post up if you want

Last edited by Lartytiejdke3; 10-11-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah I did see the youtube video it sounds pretty good but videos don't do justice lol guess I'll have to see once I get it installed. Guess nobody is pro HFC in here. I wanted some opinions from the HFC owners :/ thanks guys I was definitely leaning more towards the art pipes just wanted some last opinions.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I had HFC's with my HKS exhaust and it gave it a more throaty tone which was awesome. But, on the down side my right hand side cat started to come apart so I just put my stock cats back on. If i was you, I'd just get ART pipes since you don't have to worry about them coming apart on the inside, besides maybe them cracking like I saw one member had a issue with.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
As a new owner of the HKS exhaust system, check the crossover to make sure they still aren't having the restriction issue we had a few years ago. (Search) I ran Berks HFCs until they failed after 12 months, switched to MotorDyne's ART pipes. Didn't notice much difference in sound but after a week changed them out to Fast Intentions HFCs because of the major stinky exhaust. I grew up in an era where our gas had so much led it coated our exhaust tips and loved the smell. Todays exhaust without HFCs stinks!
Gary

Old 10-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
As a new owner of the HKS exhaust system, check the crossover to make sure they still aren't having the restriction issue we had a few years ago. (Search) I ran Berks HFCs until they failed after 12 months, switched to MotorDyne's ART pipes. Didn't notice much difference in sound but after a week changed them out to Fast Intentions HFCs because of the major stinky exhaust. I grew up in an era where our gas had so much led it coated our exhaust tips and loved the smell. Todays exhaust without HFCs stinks!
Gary
Hmm how do you like the Fast Intentions HFCs? And do HFCs generally last only for about a year? Most of the posts looks like people have them fail around a year or so. I definitely want to run the art pipes but I have a really sensitive nose lol I'm like a dog when it comes to smell.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
I had HFC's with my HKS exhaust and it gave it a more throaty tone which was awesome. But, on the down side my right hand side cat started to come apart so I just put my stock cats back on. If i was you, I'd just get ART pipes since you don't have to worry about them coming apart on the inside, besides maybe them cracking like I saw one member had a issue with.
Hmm yeah looks like you're one of many who've experience that -_- lol btw congrats on finally selling that hks exhaust lol would've got it off you but I found a used one. that thing was there for ages.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
My Fast Intention HFCs have been paired with my modified HKS exhaust for almost 2 years, still enjoying that sweet sound with zero rasp at all RPMs. Berk's only lasted 8 months until I started having issues, even notified the manufacture but since I didn't send them back for 5 more months they wouldn't honor the warranty...can you tell Berk's is on my **** list?? Fast Intentions are your best option, save your OE cats just in case someone changes the rules/laws in your state!
Gary