G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   first day in the G and somethin horrible happens (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/331011-first-day-g-somethin-horrible-happens.html)

bthach 03-27-2010 03:24 AM

first day in the G and somethin horrible happens

hey guys, first of all I'd like to say I'm a newly proud owner of an IP 2006 6mt G35 Coupe, and its quite fun, although it's gonna take sometime getting used to, still getting used to MT. anyways, today I was cruising around the city streets goin around 50mph and some douche in an eclipse zooms by me trying to race going about maybe 65-70mph. I think to myself, oh what a cool guy, and I look ahead.. in slow motion the eclipse goes straight into another G35 that was u-turning! :mad: He hit him hard and pushed the G35 pretty damn far, i'm surprised the owner of the G was able to pull over to the side. I came back around and boy the owner of the G was pissedd. Anyways happy driving and avoid these dumbass drivers

HenryLee 03-27-2010 03:26 AM

Atleast it wasnt your car.

Xet 03-27-2010 03:31 AM

did you stop to give info to the cops?

G35VietBoyz 03-27-2010 04:14 AM

that suck, did his airbag deploy?

gary c 03-27-2010 10:17 AM

Lucky for you and smart for not taking up the chase with that eclipse fooo, you would have been right in the middle of that accident....:OHBOY:
Gary

LordFappington 03-27-2010 10:21 AM

http://piotrush.tripod.com/sitebuild...us-eclipse.jpg

Thats the new scene from fast and furious 18 they were shooting. You just happen to see some of it live on set..

iceguju 03-27-2010 12:18 PM

I feel bad for the guy in the G35. Just a week ago a eclipse took over me by crossing the median (solid yellow) and cutting me off. This was in a local road with 40mph speed limit. I was driving the speed limit since I just put on my new 20s and was just getting them used to the awful potholes around NY. If I was still in highschool, I would've mashed on the gas and caught his ***. Funny thing is that I didn't have to. I ended up right next to him in the right lane since he had to wait at the traffic light a few blocks down lol. At the light, I told him "those are some good moves that car can make (laughing)". Then he said "you're driving slow as hell". I said "I don't need to drive fast, look at my car, its an infiniti. I know all the cars behind us are looking at my car and not that terrible eclipse." The light turned green and he decided to take his frustration out on his poor car again. I would watch out for eclipses since this seems to be a trend lol! STIs and EVOs are the same. Everytime I see one on the highway or at a light, they always want to race. I think its just a stupid idea due to the consequences of getting caught/wrecking your car/hurting yourself or someone else. I still love cranking out my G35, but I only do it on my own.

kvangil 03-27-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by iceguju (Post 4983910)
I still love cranking out my G35, but I only do it on my own.

+1... I get on it every once in a while, but only when the road is empty and there's no one to hear it revvin'. lol. Even then, I stop when I'm at most 10mph over the speed limit. I just like to hear the engine roar every now and then....

LiquidREVUP 03-27-2010 03:57 PM

good job not taking the bait... too many kids these days trying to race on the street... keep it on the track people!

Ashish8 03-27-2010 09:35 PM

I'm not sure whats worse, the Eclipse driving recklessly or this comment

"I don't need to drive fast, look at my car, its an infiniti."

iceguju 03-27-2010 10:01 PM

Haha. I was just trying to prove a point about the eclipse being terrible and him driving on the other side of the road even worse. I don't need to beat on my car and go fast to prove something. Driving fast locally = speeding tickets, higher insurance, even jailtime. I'd rather drive the speed limit and give people the time to appreciate the looks of my car.

Snip3r 03-28-2010 01:08 AM

Ah lol.

I just got my 06 6MT coupe yesterday and I love to hear the engine roar. I don't race but lately I've just been fooling around but yeah nothing drastic.

Street racing is just dumb, I need to pay off my car not tickets ;)

plainomega88 03-28-2010 02:30 AM

Ive always had the mentality of, Im getting on the road now, and so is some idiot, Ive just got to spot him, before he wrecks me. That sucks for the other driver though, If i saw that happen to a fellow G driver i would have his, or her, (crossing fingers its a chick) back.
Happy Driving. :)

donut. 03-28-2010 03:49 AM

Sounds like this happened in Los Angeles

Revo 03-28-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by iceguju (Post 4983910)
At the light, I told him "those are some good moves that car can make (laughing)". Then he said "you're driving slow as hell". I said "I don't need to drive fast, look at my car, its an infiniti. I know all the cars behind us are looking at my car and not that terrible eclipse."

I would have told him "All that driving like a prick and you didn't get any further than I did."

To the OP, congrats on the new G and good job keeping it real. The only time to race someone on a public road is when no one else is around. Racing with traffic present is just dumb.