G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   The Bose system (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/333335-bose-system.html)

OGKushRob 04-13-2010 03:50 PM

The Bose system

ok so after some time in the driver seat and using the sound system i honestly am at a lose of words as to how and why it seems everyone complains about the bose system...i have yet to find a problem with my G altogether but the Bose sound fantastic and this is coming from someone who had one of the sickest systems (that being 2 12 inch diamond audio subs with a 1000 watt jl amp) what do you guys like or not like abut the stock bose? im curious...ps if you wanna test some rap and see how it hits put "prime minister" by young jeezy in or "pretty boy swag" by soulja boy, then try and say that the bose speakers are weak and dont have enough bass. i have my treble and bass at +2 btw...my only problem is that they dont have an aux input

Dante 04-13-2010 04:15 PM

I have all my settings at 0 and im getting great sound, I also used to have a pretty sweet setup in a different car. I mainly listen to trance and electronic music and I dont have any complaints with Bose.

biggz786786 04-13-2010 04:29 PM

i loved my bose system, but after a year i wanted it to be better, so i went with a full aftermarket set up and never turned back

Minheeeme 04-13-2010 05:17 PM

They sound good at first, but I think the overall quality of Bose isn't all what it raves up to be.

OGKushRob 04-13-2010 10:06 PM

yeah the bose system is good to me but when i get the money to throw my screen in ill also get two 8 inch w7's and thatll be more than good

ntrinsik 04-13-2010 10:08 PM

There was a night and day difference between the stock Bose system and what I run now..

Focusedintntion 04-13-2010 10:20 PM

The "Bose" system in our cars isn't a bose system at all...ti's a bose certified system. I believe the components are clarion...please correct me somebody if i'm wrong on that. The Blose system has no real mid range...it's all high and low. That and they distort easily when coming close to the max volume...which really isn't that loud. The speakers don't have much clarity and most of the sounds are muddled together.

Get in a car with a lexicon audio system, jbl synthesizer, or a harmon kardon and you'll be able to hear a huge difference.

P.S. Running 2 subs does not make a sick system...just makes a base heavy system. hehe :)

OGKushRob 04-13-2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Focusedintntion (Post 5026673)
The "Bose" system in our cars isn't a bose system at all...ti's a bose certified system. I believe the components are clarion...please correct me somebody if i'm wrong on that. The Blose system has no real mid range...it's all high and low. That and they distort easily when coming close to the max volume...which really isn't that loud. The speakers don't have much clarity and most of the sounds are muddled together.

Get in a car with a lexicon audio system, jbl synthesizer, or a harmon kardon and you'll be able to hear a huge difference.

P.S. Running 2 subs does not make a sick system...just makes a base heavy system. hehe :)

hahahaha yeah they were heavy but with the jl amp they hit every low and sounded great but idk ive been in bmw's, in fact i chose my G over an e46 M3. kardon was ok, but i had infinity kappas in my last car, when it comes to speakers in car audio infinity is beast, the only thing i can say that would be better than the stock bose would be the infinity perfect kappas. i dont turn my volume any higher than 21 dude at that point its loud enough for me and that means a lot more cause i used to have my two twelves pounding to a deaffening level hahaha

Snip3r 04-13-2010 11:31 PM

I have two 10" kickers just sitting in my living room, and I decided not to put them in the G because the bose sounds good enough.

2K6G35c 04-14-2010 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ntrinsik (Post 5026635)
There was a night and day difference between the stock Bose system and what I run now..

Boston Acoustic separate components and a JL amp will cure that. I put up with mine about three months and had to change it.

felixsc300 04-14-2010 12:13 AM

I think a regular Joe will be satisfied with the Bose system. An audiophile OTOH will disapprove.

I'm fine with the Bose system myself, much better than the stock Lexus system. Now if we were talking about Mark Levinson...

apro06g35 04-14-2010 01:24 AM

I have owned an 98 I30, 08 FX35, and my 07 G (all with Bose) and honestly the stereo in the G was by far the worst. I was VERY disappointed with how Bose did with this particular one. I am starting to think it is hit or miss with them anymore. On the other hand the Bang & Olufsen stereo in my Audi kicks A**!

Night Ryda 04-14-2010 01:41 AM

Dude listen to that Lloyd Banks song called Beamer, Benz, or Bentley on the Bose system..freakin feels like I got the 12s back there I had in my old Maxima.

OGKushRob 04-14-2010 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Night Ryda (Post 5027183)
Dude listen to that Lloyd Banks song called Beamer, Benz, or Bentley on the Bose system..freakin feels like I got the 12s back there I had in my old Maxima.

haha nice man, im torrenting it right now. gotta put the bose to work!!

OGKushRob 04-14-2010 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Snip3r (Post 5026890)
I have two 10" kickers just sitting in my living room, and I decided not to put them in the G because the bose sounds good enough.

my point exactly, i was gonna throw one of my 12 inch diamods in the back but i wsa like yeah...not gonna fit haha ill prob use a type r till i get cash to by a w7