G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 coupe vs Genesis coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
The problem is that Hyundai copies (obviously) Infiniti after Infiniti spent millions on design, aero engineering, mechanical engineering,, interior design, etc. And then tries to build their company off of somebody else's hard work. It deserves no respect just as Pepsi deserves no respect for copying coke. McDowell's gets no respect for copying McDonald's, etc. Do yer own thing; Stop thieving. I would respect Hyundai more if they just kept on with the Tiburon. Plus, I farted.
If you think they copied the G35 Coupe just because they look somewhat similar, you're sorely mistaken. There's a lot more to aerodynamic engineering than a general shape and there's a lot more to drivetrain engineering than the number and configuration of cylinders in the motor and number of gears in the tranny.

If they had literally taken Infiniti's tech design specs and copied them, sure... that would be stealing/copying their design. Making something similar on some outwardly appearing details but that is engineered from the ground up is not copying.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
I dunno wtf you're talking about.

What was Infiniti before the G35 and before the FX? Most people never heard of infiniti before the G. If they did it was just a car. Nothing special. The G35/FX is what made infiniti what it is today.

On the other side the Genesis is sexy, powerful and modern. However it's 5 years newer than the G coupe (03 vs 08 when both models started). If you want fair comparison you compare an 08 G sedan or G37 to an 08 genesis.

So maybe Hyundai Genesis is the boost for Hyundai to becoming a decent brand same as what the G35 did to the Infiniti brand back in 2003.

One of my staff own a 2012 genesis sedan V8. All I can say is wow. Another friend owns an Aquus or whatever it's called with the 430hp engine. That's sick. I'm not a Hyundai fan at all, but truth is truth.
You got it all wrong pal. Infiniti is Nissan. There is no Infiniti in Japan. Maybe now with the Q50 and JX and EX, MAYBE. Im too lazy to do research, Not many people looked into Infiniti before the G35 b/c the cars they had only attracted a certain age group. The G35 attracted many younger adults and teenagers. Before the G35 and FX35, there was the amazing Q45, the QX (I think thats what it was called, the pathfinder look alike), and also the I35 ( a luxury maxima, and the older M45's). All great cars, not competition killers, but definitely well built luxury (some more than others in the luxury factor) vehicles. These cars were what we here in the States seen under the Infiniti badge, Japan new them as Nissan's. So lets not say that Infiniti didn't have a past. The brand name might be new, but the Heart of the car, the backbone of the car, is all Nissan; and they have an outstanding history.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
If you think they copied the G35 Coupe just because they look somewhat similar, you're sorely mistaken. There's a lot more to aerodynamic engineering than a general shape and there's a lot more to drivetrain engineering than the number and configuration of cylinders in the motor and number of gears in the tranny.

If they had literally taken Infiniti's tech design specs and copied them, sure... that would be stealing/copying their design. Making something similar on some outwardly appearing details but that is engineered from the ground up is not copying.
Im not gonna say that the Genesis coupe was a copy of the G37, but in all honesty, and I think many would agree, the Genesis has a very similar shape and body line compared to the G37.

Although some will argue that the Q50 has a Sonata rear end : Which isn't false, but you have to look at where that tail light design really came from. It came from the gorgeous Infiniti Essence.

Going back to the Genesis, they could have chosen a different shape if you ask me. The 3-series has a distinct structure, so does the A5, the C63, the IS coupe, the Eclipse, and so on. You cant mix them up. When I first seen the Genesis, It was dark and I was looking at the rear end of the car towards the quarter panel area, and I automatically thought, G37. I was wrong though. Ever since then I thought the Genesis took off of the G37.

Just to get one thing straight, I like the Genesis just like I like the G37, when they're stanced and worked a little. To me, very few cars are good looking when they're kept stock. Thats just my opinion. But, if you offered me a Genesis coupe, same year, same miles, same everything and I couldn't sell either one, I would pick the G37 ALL DAY ANY DAY. No offense.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
lol arguing with you is useless. I rest my case.

/thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by LaserRedG35VS
You got it all wrong pal. Infiniti is Nissan. There is no Infiniti in Japan. Maybe now with the Q50 and JX and EX, MAYBE. Im too lazy to do research, Not many people looked into Infiniti before the G35 b/c the cars they had only attracted a certain age group. The G35 attracted many younger adults and teenagers. Before the G35 and FX35, there was the amazing Q45, the QX (I think thats what it was called, the pathfinder look alike), and also the I35 ( a luxury maxima, and the older M45's). All great cars, not competition killers, but definitely well built luxury (some more than others in the luxury factor) vehicles. These cars were what we here in the States seen under the Infiniti badge, Japan new them as Nissan's. So lets not say that Infiniti didn't have a past. The brand name might be new, but the Heart of the car, the backbone of the car, is all Nissan; and they have an outstanding history.
All of the cars that you mentioned with the exception of the Q45 were "poorly made" luxury models of their cheaper counter parts with minimal to no changes at all between them. It wasn't until Carlos Ghosn stepped in as CEO around 2000 that he paved the way for infiniti to have it's own individual and unique body styles and gave the brand the image it has today.

Don't confuse the the fact lack of Infiniti branding in Japan with nissan not making brand specific designs like the G body style for Infiniti. The V35 was designed for the US market. That explains the changes in chassis denomination from R (typical styline denominations) to V, the engine configuration, etc. But they still call it a "skyline" in Japan

Old 01-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66

Exterior design: check
Interior design: check
306hp: check
0-60 in 5.5sec: check
Their fansbois call it a "G": check
Hell even the badge on the back looks like it says G38 from far away.haha

It's a little more than just exterior design.

Google image search the interior. It's hauntingly familiar.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 01-25-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I first saw the genesis coupe, I immediately thought it looked like a G35/G37. There is no mistaking the blatant copy-paste that Hyundai is doing. Of course, Koreans are notorious for copying Japan.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Its Q60...get it right honey boo boo.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow!! This thread is very entertaining.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The improper use of its/it's is just as bad as your/you're. Those who live in glass houses...just sayin'.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
My mistake the Q50 is the sedan my pricing though was for the coupe.

By the way its would be it's for it is...your lack of grammer and the ridiculousness of your comment shows that your an immature clown.

I really should know better than to post to this forum...I've been posting to try and keep this forum going. But...it just isn't worth it.
Trying to keep the forum going with ignorant bickering and your massive 500 posts? Keep on moving Honey Boo Boo. You shouldn't comment on another person's grammar when yours is so lacking kid.

This link may help you out with your poor punctuation.
http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/com...ns-and-colons/

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-27-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I guess that you used the word grammEr to fix his grammar, too
I see.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Trying to keep the forum going with ignorant bickering and your massive 500 posts? Keep on moving Honey Boo Boo. You shouldn't comment on another person's grammar when yours is so lacking kid. Your vs You're.

This link may help you out with your poor punctuation.
http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/com...ns-and-colons/
No problem...WhosUrBuddiee...I am done posting on this forum. I have been a member since Jan 2003. Bought one of the first G35's to show up at the local dealership. Kid I am not I'm 66 years old and have been a car enthusiast since I started driving 51 years ago. Last post!!! so you can stop following my posts (Audio also) and calling me kid. Did you read my post about this being a dying forum. The answer lies in members like you.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Bye kid. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
No problem...WhosUrBuddiee...I am done posting on this forum. I have been a member since Jan 2003. Bought one of the first G35's to show up at the local dealership. Kid I am not I'm 66 years old and have been a car enthusiast since I started driving 51 years ago. Last post!!! so you can stop following my posts (Audio also) and calling me kid. Did you read my post about this being a dying forum. The answer lies in members like you.
Sorry for talking to an OG like that,,but u took my post way too seriously.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 coupe vs Genesis coupe