Re: G35c killer on the way!!!

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Old 10-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one wants to ban him for his opinions. We want to ban him because he registered about 7 days ago, has made about 10 posts, and a good portion of them are trolls calling people "shitbags," "inbred hillbillies," and "pussies."

He may love or hate vettes and mustangs, but in either case, we don't need his sort of garbage on this forum.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Team Transport Member

dont worry that mustang can only go in a straight line. and there will always be someone bigger and stronger. remember at the end there will only be a million mustangs on the road and the 4 banger will look like the 6 and banger so its going to be worth sh*t in a year or two. my G will still turn heads

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk> Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes< "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 10-10-2004, 12:03 PM

Man, you guys have got to be kidding?! Wasn't this thread initially about the "performance" differences of the G35 versus Mustang? Performance-wise, the cheaper car IS faster. So what? That should be the end of story. Most of us didn't buy our cars for outright speed so just accept that it's not as fast and move on.

Why is it that everyone always drags the Z06/Vette into these discussions? The G's the less expensive car in that comparision and isn't even CLOSE to the same performance. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the Z06. People that say their supercharged/turbo'd G could hang are talking about a modded car. There are 9 sec modded Civics that could kick your *** so it's a stupid comparison. Mods change everything and I'm sure there's a modded Z06 that would like to meet up with your modded G.

Styling is personal opinion so if you think the G looks better or the Z06 / Mustang ain't your thing - so be it. But don't denegrate the cars just because YOU have a prejudice and think everyone that drives them fits a specific stereotype. I'm sure there are people on the Z06 and Mustang boards that are just as ignorant but it's still a stupid premise. The fact of the matter is, I would eventually like to move up from my G and own a C6 Z06 and I don't think I fit any of the stereotypes!

It's a shame that people can't have an intelligent conversations on these boards without trying to put others down so YOU feel good about YOUR decision - it's called insecurity.

It's ridiculous.

Old 10-10-2004, 03:37 PM

Indeed. Some people are so stuck up with their own cars that they can't acknowledge that other cars are superior in certain aspects. To an extent, this is understandable, because of the wave of euphoria that sweeps one upon purchasing a new car. Furthermore, people have varying tastes and values; if someone would rather have a luxurious interior instead of a powerful engine, no one has the right to tell him otherwise. But making prejudiced and racist comments about others to hide one's insecurity is completely unacceptable.

The fact is, people who do that aren't true car enthusiasts. They may *think* they are because they own nice cars and occasionally post an an internet forum, but they are not. Their narrow mindset prevents them from recognizing value, learning, and having fun. They would rather talk endless [censored] to justify their $35K purchases because feeling secure and superior means more to them than actually learning about cars. I guess this is where the "guy with a nice car has a small dick" stereotype comes from.

In addition, I'd say that someone who doesn't realize that a Corvette C6 is an upgrade from the G35 in pretty much every aspect is lacking in the "fundamental light of reason." Not that I expect them to recognize the reference to Descartes if they can't recognize that the G35's interior isn't all that great.

Anyway, this thread needs to die. Where the hell are the moderators?

Old 10-11-2004, 04:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Totally agree with Z06ified.
Unfurtunately some kids dont know wtf they're talking about.
I rode in someones regular vette and i was just shoked how that thing pulled i can imagine what Z06 feel like.
The only reason vette was cheap (pricewise) was its interior which is now completely different.

I imagine how you feel (Z06ified) when someone compares vette with mustang. And iv seen the performance #s on Z06 doing over 70mph slalom and pulling almost 1.0 G.

-------------------------------------------------