G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats a good camber kit? anyone have ICHIBA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Its funny though how there were only those instances that happened with sloppy bushings and breaking in 2011. Makes me wonder if it was a bad batch? How many people are running these that HAVENT had any problems? I just went and checked mine and no problems to report at this moment.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I'm running SPC rear camber arms and SPC control arms. I have had no problems with them besides the right front control arm ball joint broke which was NOT a potential problem to cause me to crash. They offer great camber adjustment.

Last edited by Lone Wolf; 10-26-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
There have been tons of speculation that SPC made the camber kits for ICHIBA, i just got off the phone with SPC to see if it was a true statement. They are looking into it an hope to hear back from them soon!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I never heard of that. Let us know what you hear if anything.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
A shot of Ichiba

A shot of SPC

Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Come on dude, don't be naive and defensive just because you own a pair of Ichibas... I have no problem admitting I was 100% wrong and they were garbage I never should have bought, neither should any of the rest of us.
I got them before any of the issues started popping up so to my defense I had no idea they had safety issues.

It's not just problems with bushings so don't further confuse the rest of the people here, they're cheap chinese garbage, overall there was cases of them literally snapping, typical cheap Chinese made metal.... look at the guy with the G sedan whose rear kit snapped in half and he crashed his car in the mountainside.

and if you look at the no name eBay brands like GodSpeed and some other ones, the design is identical which would lead anybody with any common sense to come to the conclusion it's all the same fckin kit

I already called SPC a while back, almost a year ago, and they confirmed ONLY that their front kits are NOT made in the United States and he would only say they are made "Overseas"
So I don't know who the guy you talked to is, or why he's stalling but I got my answer soon as I asked although I wish he was more specific.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
Come on dude, don't be naive and defensive just because you own a pair of Ichibas... I have no problem admitting I was 100% wrong and they were garbage I never should have bought, neither should any of the rest of us.
I got them before any of the issues started popping up so to my defense I had no idea they had safety issues.

It's not just problems with bushings so don't further confuse the rest of the people here, they're cheap chinese garbage, overall there was cases of them literally snapping, typical cheap Chinese made metal.... look at the guy with the G sedan whose rear kit snapped in half and he crashed his car in the mountainside.

and if you look at the no name eBay brands like GodSpeed and some other ones, the design is identical which would lead anybody with any common sense to come to the conclusion it's all the same fckin kit

I already called SPC a while back, almost a year ago, and they confirmed ONLY that their front kits are NOT made in the United States and he would only say they are made "Overseas"
So I don't know who the guy you talked to is, or why he's stalling but I got my answer soon as I asked although I wish he was more specific.
Who said I am being defensive? I am stating my point of view from my own personal dealings. I am doing my own investigation at this point because I am concerned. So I don't know where you are getting "naive" and "defensive" from

Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to point out that things can use the exact same cast and have completely different results based on alloy used and quality control. A suspension part snapping in half is a pretty good indication of how poorly the QC is on the parts and that for me is reason enough to never buy anything made by them.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Darrel Drake
I'd like to point out that things can use the exact same cast and have completely different results based on alloy used and quality control.
Yup

Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Problem solved guys, buy SPL camber kits that offer quality and more adjustability than other camber kits and you never have to look back. They're available here on our MARKETPLACE under vendor suspension. Now all you need to do is find someone that knows how to install em and adjust your alignment....I can't solve everything for ya!
Gary

Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I just got a call back from SPC and they have confirmed that they have not made camber arms for Ichiba and the looked at Ichiba's website and they said they are almost exactly the same as SPC. Ted from SPC told me to pass the word onto everyone else that if they simply want the best, give them a call!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
A shot of Ichiba

A shot of SPC

I havent held Ichiba arms before but my SPC arms are really heavy and feel totally solid, way heavier and thicker than oem arms.You can tell from the pics that they are thicker than Ichiba as well.

Last edited by Polishthrust; 10-26-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard of anyone having problems and never had any problems myself.
Eventually they will fail on you one way or the other. I would just save yourself the headache and remove that garbage off your car now. And don't expect to call Ichiba and have them send you new parts much less even get a response from them. LOL

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Its funny though how there were only those instances that happened with sloppy bushings and breaking in 2011. Makes me wonder if it was a bad batch? How many people are running these that HAVENT had any problems? I just went and checked mine and no problems to report at this moment.
Looks like it's still happening in 2012:
http://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-s...eck-yours.html

Unless they magically started putting quality bushings in their crappy arms I HIGHLY doubt it was just a bad batch.

Same garbage in 2011 and same garbage in 2012. Didn't you know Chinese garbage never changes?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I honestly never knew there were these problems people were having. I never view the brakes and suspension section though and Ive had these camber arms since 2009 with no issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats a good camber kit? anyone have ICHIBA?