G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Possible Vacuum Leak ? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/375388-possible-vacuum-leak.html)

cmesidewayz 04-29-2011 01:56 PM

Possible Vacuum Leak ?

After installing a new air filter, z tube, MREV2, and 5/16 iso thermal spacer, and grounding kit i noticied some weird idling ! I reset the ECU and did the throttle learning procedures..

So on a cold start before the mods it would idle at about 1800, now it idles at 1600 and goes down faster than normal. and jumps once in that process from 1400 to 1600, happens every time... :dunno:

Idle with AC it stays at 800, from a normal distance away from the gauges it doesnt seem to move but if you get up real close it appears to go up and down a very very slight amount... same for with the AC off, except at 600... It only happens about half the time Is this normal ?

Do i have a small vacuum leak ? or is the computer still learning ? its been allmost a week since the mods were done..

any help is much appreciated

besides that i love the midrange power :driving:

sillyoldtayo 04-29-2011 03:10 PM

If you had a vacuum leak I would think you would have a constant idle issue. Double check all your hoses and make sure they are connected, also make sure the rubber neck of the oil fill area isnt stuck in between the upper and lower plenum.

coupetech 04-30-2011 12:40 AM

did you torque down the intake manifold in proper sequence? the intake mani can easily get cocked (giggity) if not properly tightened. also did you need longer bolts to accomodate for the spacer? Check for vacuum leaks by running the car and spraying carb/brake cleaner around the manifold, gaskets, vac lines, etc..idle speed will increase if there is a leak

cmesidewayz 04-30-2011 07:47 AM

Yeah I checked everything, haven't tried using carb cleaner yet... I will get some when I have the chance

And it seems the gauge is completely constant with the AC on almost all the time now and with it off it's going up and down in a non rhythmic way maybe 75rpms at most

Something I forgot to mention is that I used the inner part of the stock gasket.. Other than that I followed motordynes directions by the word with torque sequences etc.

I used a ft pounds torque wrench instead of inch, I convertedthe numbers, but maybe the torqueing wasn't accurate ?

Jbutku4 04-18-2019 11:16 PM

I think that's a normal noise, mine sounds like that too once I swapped hoses, I believe that the OEM one is more insulated.

Pbfoot 04-19-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jbutku4 (Post 7166177)
I think that's a normal noise, mine sounds like that too once I swapped hoses, I believe that the OEM one is more insulated.

You realize this thread is 8 years old?