G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Purple Fluid Leak? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/377097-purple-fluid-leak.html)

ThatOneDude 05-17-2011 05:27 PM

Purple Fluid Leak?

Hello,

I'm currently at work and can't really go check my car right now (but I can sit here on forums :biggthumpup:) but my bro called earlier and said there was some purple fluid under my parking spot in the garage, and noticed a trail of it for a while up the road. I'm just wondering if I can get some research in here while I'm at work doing virtually nothing. Any ideas what this could be? I haven't hit anything or bottom'd out or anything. I guess it could be oil, but I don't know if the purple he mentioned is that type of purple, or another type of fluid. What should I look at :confused2:

Nick05LS 05-17-2011 07:03 PM

The only fluids I can think of that can look purple would be ATF and power steering fluid (which is also ATF). ATF is red when it's fresh and more red-ish brown when it's old, so I guess it could look kinda purple.

I you have a 5AT then check the trans (though if your trans is leaking, then you've got major problems). Check the power steering system too.

Also, take a look at the rear subframe bushing...when it cracks it leaks a dark fluid.

BAUSauto 05-17-2011 07:14 PM

^ only thing that would be close to 'purple' would be the pink/red auto transfluid...

Unless you have purple windshield washer fluid.. or wetterwater coolant (it's pink).

Majiks 05-18-2011 04:25 AM

Only purple color fluid I know of is vivid purple color and it's blinker fluid

ThatOneDude 05-18-2011 02:24 PM

I think I figured it out. It's not even purple from what I was able to tell. I want to make sure before posting it here though. Thanks for all of your assistance :)

strykez 05-18-2011 10:58 PM

check your diff, i've seen some crazy differential fluid colours

walshtj 05-18-2011 11:01 PM

What was it?

07Coupe6mt 06-07-2011 04:55 AM

sounds like purple royal

ThatOneDude 06-07-2011 11:36 PM

lol, sorry super late reply. Just got that e-mail abotu someone posting here. It turned out that it wasn't purple at all (he crazy). It was leaking very lightly, so even to me, it looked yellowish. After a while, it appeared red and it was tranny fluid. gg!

Majiks 06-08-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by caaraa (Post 5925087)
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/...0.creation.jpghttps://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/...553433@N00.jpg

you know you love it :D

gary c 06-08-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by majixxx (Post 5878619)

Originally Posted by caaraa (Post 5925087)

WTF....we have two new members with Middle School mentality. If you don't know the answers to members questions keep your pie hole shut....damn I was in a great mood too!
Gary

Majiks 06-09-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 5926330)
WTF....we have two new members with Middle School mentality. If you don't know the answers to members questions keep your pie hole shut....damn I was in a great mood too!
Gary

angry much? I think u need to kindly calm the **** down

AuAltima3.5 06-10-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by majixxx (Post 5929516)
angry much? I think u need to kindly calm the **** down

Sorry Friend, but he's a long time member (not that new members are not welcomed here :))

Alot of people here are more in the in and out type. As in just give me some feedback and let's fix it. Or at least fix it with good humor. ..that makes people laugh and not some ten year old joke that's as good as your ability to help others on the board.

Purple? Maybe diff fluid only because with wear it may seem purple. It may be ATF or powersteering fluid. I would stop driving the car until you can figure it out. If you are leaving a trail it won't take long to lose all your diff or p/s fluid. The diff holds about 1.5 qts, ditto for the P/S. Not too much that can leak before they are running dry.

Majiks 06-10-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5 (Post 5931459)
Sorry Friend, but he's a long time member (not that new members are not welcomed here :))

Alot of people here are more in the in and out type. As in just give me some feedback and let's fix it. Or at least fix it with good humor. ..that makes people laugh and not some ten year old joke that's as good as your ability to help others on the board.

Purple? Maybe diff fluid only because with wear it may seem purple. It may be ATF or powersteering fluid. I would stop driving the car until you can figure it out. If you are leaving a trail it won't take long to lose all your diff or p/s fluid. The diff holds about 1.5 qts, ditto for the P/S. Not too much that can leak before they are running dry.

by the way he already figured it out, and it was tranny fluid

Originally Posted by ThatOneDude (Post 5924719)
lol, sorry super late reply. Just got that e-mail abotu someone posting here. It turned out that it wasn't purple at all (he crazy). It was leaking very lightly, so even to me, it looked yellowish. After a while, it appeared red and it was tranny fluid. gg!