G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Coilovers or Struts/Springs?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/416634-coilovers-struts-springs.html)

Michaelh90 10-10-2012 02:03 PM

Coilovers or Struts/Springs??

so i have been doing a lot of research on what to buy and im still unsure so i want it to ask you guys. thinking bout buying a set of tein basic coilovers or tokico strutz and Z tein Htechs. all i want is about a inch drop and maybe next summer drop it a lil bit more and buy the camber parts.. i dont race, just use my car in the weekends. which set would you guys go for.

06G35Coupe94 10-10-2012 02:36 PM

Which one do you want more lol. Coilovers will be better in the long run but I would wait and buy a really good set like KWs or BCs. May only be your weekend car but at least get a rear camber kit.

VMRWheels 10-10-2012 03:20 PM

I've always been more of a fan of coilovers but some people don't necessarily need the adjustment. Between those choices I'd probably get Tein Basics. I've owned Super Streets in the past and like them quite a bit.

Michaelh90 10-10-2012 03:41 PM

i could buy the BCs theyre $200 more but i dont really think i need them. i dont need to control the stiffness or dampnening . all i want is a nice suspension for street driving.. im aiming more towards the tein coils so i can adjust height next summer

Darkstar752 10-10-2012 04:02 PM

Get the BC's for the dampening adjustment. They're only $80 more if you get them from a vendor on here(B2auto)

Michaelh90 10-10-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Darkstar752 (Post 6594923)
Get the BC's for the dampening adjustment. They're only $80 more if you get them from a vendor on here(B2auto)

what would be the difference? im not going to race or anything crzy would be worth it? i dont want to slam my car also i barely want to drop my G less than a inch so i dont have to buy spc/ichiba camber. with the tein CO the max drop is 0.9 F and 0.4 R which would be good for the winter and then in the summer i would drop it more and get the camber.

Darkstar752 10-10-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Michaeh90 (Post 6594982)
what would be the difference? im not going to race or anything crzy would be worth it? i dont want to slam my car also i barely want to drop my G less than a inch so i dont have to buy spc/ichiba camber. with the tein CO the max drop is 0.9 F and 0.4 R which would be good for the winter and then in the summer i would drop it more and get the camber.

Better quality and you can adjust how rough the ride is. Tein's you get a set ride, and have to live with it for however long you have them. Want a softer ride? Too bad. With BC's you can adjust it in one minute flat. Worth the money.

jninja26 10-10-2012 10:12 PM

Coilovers are the way to go if you can afford it....so many reasons..

VMRWheels 10-10-2012 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Michaeh90 (Post 6594982)

Having damper adjustability allows you to fine tune the shocks to your preferences. Honestly though for every day driving I think the Teins will be a good option. Having owned some in the past I can say the spring rates and whatnot are well suited for driving on the streets. Shouldn't be too stiff at all or anything.

hcag2 10-11-2012 01:07 AM

i'd invest the in BC coils too... i heard Tein Basics are stiff as hell.

you probably won't be happy with the drop on the Z Tein H-techs.

jninja26 10-11-2012 01:25 AM

I contemplated getting springs for a while, but one thing that drove me away is the wild variability in Spring Rates among manufacturers. Most are softer than OEM, some are linear, some are progressive, ect. I end up going with Coilovers and I'm glad I did.

Darkstar752 10-11-2012 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by jninja26 (Post 6595381)
I contemplated getting springs for a while, but one thing that drove me away is the wild variability in Spring Rates among manufacturers. Most are softer than OEM, some are linear, some are progressive, ect. I end up going with Coilovers and I'm glad I did.

Yea not to mention it's not uncommon to hear of uneven drops. Not just front/back being uneven, but the left one being .2 higher than the right. Main thing that drove my OCDness away from springs.

VMRWheels 10-11-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by jninja26 (Post 6595381)

Definitely something to think about for first time shoppers. In the end coilovers are a better option for many.

Michaelh90 10-11-2012 06:38 PM

just decided to go with coilovers mainly because of the spring rate. like you guys said about aftermarket springs rate are very low even less than OEM and tein h techs were kind of ok... but the drop 5ucks.. i hate how the G looks so uneven stock, higher in the front than the back.. thanks a lot guys i got tein i dont need all the extra option that the bc offer.