G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe and Baby Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe and Baby Seat

Anyone have a coupe and a kid that requires a baby seat?? How much of a pain in the *** is it to get the kid in and out of the car.. Is it enough of a pain in the *** that is would deter you from buying the car again or in hind sight??

Last edited by the46; 01-28-2005 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Problem posting
Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a baby seat in my Coupe... My daugther is 18 months... It's not that irritating to put her in and take her out... Only because all I have to do is buckle and un buckle the belts... the rest she can do by herself...

Old 01-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I just bought my G35 and have a 18month old daugher. I was concerned that there would not be enough room because I am 6ft 2in and like to lay my seat back. Most car seats have a thick back and and the babies feet stick straight out toward the back of the seat. To my surprise everything fit fine. Right now her feet do touch the back of the seat, but I am going to take care of that with a thinner backed car seat. What I am concerned about is the indentions that the car seat puts in the leather. I am going to work on buying a car seat with a rounded bottom that will fit better and probably put something under the car seat to protect the leather. Now as far as getting her in and out. Well the back seat sits far back form the front door. So I first have to recline the seat forward. This initiates the seat to automatically slide forward. This is really cool, but takes too long. Then when you put the seat back up then it does not lock into the original position and you have to adjust it everytime. Ohh and be sure not to do it to early or the seat will stop sliding back and you will loose where your bottom seat is adjusted. To get her out I have decided it is best for me to put on foot in the back so I don't have to lean against the car and possible scratch it. Now I know I said a lot of negetive stuff above, but I knew you wanted to hear all the bad about it. All in all it is really easy and not that much of a hassle. Well worth it to be able to drive a G.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah... About the seat indenting the deats... I already use two towels with no success... The marks I think are going to be there forever... Not really a big deal... but it's there...

Old 01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Now that is bad news. My mission is to find the perfect car seat for the G. I have only had the car for 3 days and I put the car seat in for one night with no towels. When I took the car seat out there are already small indentions. Sorry baby girl, but no riding with Daddy again until this can be solved.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
My son and his car seat fit perfect back there. In fact that was a prerequisit for me to buy the car. No problems with it at all.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Look into the recaro baby seat. Not sure what the bottom looks like, but they might have thought of the indentations in the leather. A downside thought is the price.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm also searching for the perfect carseat for my 17 month old daughter. I like the britax wizard for safety reasons (I have a wizard in my SUV, awesome seat) but its rather bulky for the G back seat. I may go with just a booster.

As far as indentations, I've heard of people using a product called "super mat" from target. I also found this at amazon:

two stage car seat protector two stage car seat protector

There are also some mats and/or seat protectors at babiesRus. I've trying to figure the safety of such items.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:53 PM
If you have a graphite interior, this is pretty cool looking:
Eddie Bauer Cosco

Old 01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/en...gue/index.html
Go to this page and scroll down on the left hand side and look for infant seat, check this thing out. I don't think it will work for new borns.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Awesome... Thanks for the input.. Dragnfli.. from the sounds of it you have your daughter sitting directly behind your seat.. Why dont you just put her behind the passenger seat, then you wouldn't have to worry about losing your seat position at all?? I'm glad this isnt to much of a problem.. will be ordering my loaded 2005 today or tomorrow.. Black on black baby.. can't wait..

Old 01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
I have 7 week old twins and I have not attempt this task yet.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey, let me tell you, i have a 04 Coupe and a 10 month year old daughter and its a pain in the A** for me, especially if the car seat is right behind me, so i always put her behind the passenger seat. Its getting more difficult because she is getting older and i have to get a bigger car seat, but i just bought a 95 Toyota Avalon so that it can be easier to take her around. You get kind of use to it though, the first couple weeks is a pain! good luck bro.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:20 PM
I could only imagine what it is going to be like. Its all good we also have a new sienna which is great for taking kids in. But I am not a van kind of mom thats why hubby got me the 05 Coupe 6MT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe and Baby Seat