G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Steering Issue!!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/442992-steering-issue.html)

NYSEA 08-08-2014 04:27 PM

Steering Issue!!!!

First Post, Call me a NOOB, wrong fourm/area to post? Not sure. Whatever. Anyway, left my car (04 coupe 6mt) parked for a few days. Pick it up and immediately notice there is an issue.

As soon as I turn the wheel left or right more then about 40 degrees, it feels like the wheel is sticking/hard to turn the wheel. I dont notice it at high speeds or less then 40 degrees (its normal) , only making slow sharper turns. There is no leaks/noise coming from the power steering pump. Had the belts replaced 2 months ago. Fluid level is normal/clean.

I tried looking up online and this forum similar issues, possibly not enough pressure from the pump? Also read something about a steering angle sensor. Anybody have any imput / experience this?

My car is lowered and spaced but its not rubbing and i've been driving it lowered for a few months. Thanks in advance.

Frankieg35 08-08-2014 05:33 PM

I have pretty much the same issue.. Kinda feels notchy??

NYSEA 08-10-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frankieg35 (Post 6929331)
I have pretty much the same issue.. Kinda feels notchy??

as soon as the wheel is turned more then 40 degrees it hits a resistance , so yes i think notchy is a word to describe it. Anyone have the answer or opinion?:dunno:

Urbanengineer 08-10-2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by NYSEA (Post 6929828)
as soon as the wheel is turned more then 40 degrees it hits a resistance , so yes i think notchy is a word to describe it. Anyone have the answer or opinion?:dunno:

This is a weird/maybe/could be fix... But jack up each front wheel and check the brake lines and suspension bushings. I had a brake line connector colliding with the spokes on my rims once :eek:. This made my steering notchy as you describe it.

Otherwise, if you jack it up and turn the wheel without the car on, does it still notch?

NYSEA 08-10-2014 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer (Post 6929837)
This is a weird/maybe/could be fix... But jack up each front wheel and check the brake lines and suspension bushings. I had a brake line connector colliding with the spokes on my rims once :eek:. This made my steering notchy as you describe it.

Otherwise, if you jack it up and turn the wheel without the car on, does it still notch?

ill give this a shot thanks

Frankieg35 08-10-2014 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer (Post 6929837)

Mine doesn't when it's jacked up.. Could it be an endlink or compression rod problem?? I just did all of my lower control arm bushings but it still does it..

NYSEA 08-22-2014 11:08 AM

Update: so I haven't been able to figure out what the cause is, but one day driving the problem stopped for about 3 minutes, and then the VDC/SLIP/ABS lights came on and so did the problem. This is telling me its a sensor problem? My brake fluid is topped off, so that is not the issue. I reset the ECU and the problem still exists... ANY HELP :52: