G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   best sounding exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/449041-best-sounding-exhaust.html)

GaryOrsak 05-10-2015 11:30 PM

best sounding exhaust

Ive been searching for exhaust for my 04 coupe, listening to videos on YouTube and etc... Can't decide. I see all kinds of crazy cheap exhaust on eBay but I want it yo sound and perform also. Suggestions? Links? Anything helps. Thanks.

Also. I would prefer full exhaust_ headers all the way back as a kit but I don't mind buying in pieces if needed.

bluedevils95 05-10-2015 11:33 PM

Ebay is garbage. Look on the classified for a good used one. I am sure you'll find a good one. i ve always like the Fast Intention and Motordyne.

Albanian122 05-10-2015 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by GaryOrsak (Post 6995246)
Ive been searching for exhaust for my 04 coupe, listening to videos on YouTube and etc... Can't decide. I see all kinds of crazy cheap exhaust on eBay but I want it yo sound and perform also. Suggestions? Links? Anything helps. Thanks.

Also. I would prefer full exhaust_ headers all the way back as a kit but I don't mind buying in pieces if needed.

Buy something worthwhile not some cheap ebay exhaust look into motordyne hks ark and even gt haus

Look at venders on here

Concept z performance for example

GaryOrsak 05-11-2015 07:08 AM

thanks

I'll keep looking. Just trying yo narrow it down a little bit

VenomGT9 05-11-2015 09:05 AM

I love my Ark system but most drivers on here really like HKS, Fast Intentions, or Motordyne...
As for headers, don't even worry about them. They're not cost effective for the performance you get out of it, in addition to the PITA install I've heard for them.
You're better off getting the exhaust, plenum spacer, and MREV2 combo.

GaryOrsak 05-11-2015 09:09 AM

OK. Thanks. I'll def look into all of that. Makes it easier to narrow things down with you guys info. Much appreciated

partyman66 05-11-2015 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by VenomGT9 (Post 6995296)
I love my Ark system but most drivers on here really like HKS, Fast Intentions, or Motordyne...
As for headers, don't even worry about them. They're not cost effective for the performance you get out of it, in addition to the PITA install I've heard for them.
You're better off getting the exhaust, plenum spacer, and MREV2 combo.

Do you have the ARK Grip exhaust or the DT-S?

gary c 05-11-2015 07:06 PM

Know I'll catch flack for this post!

Hey Gary, looking for the right exhaust for your '04 coupe shouldn't be decided by listening to vids since they're only as good as the Wall Mart recorders used! Attend meets and hear different systems in person. Ark exhaust is a knock off of the HKS or it appears so! Several of our members like the Exotic Speed R1-T, from what I've heard I wouldn't put that on my Honda...lawn mower! Watch our Marketplace for a member selling off his/her mods, look for a HKS or Motordyne cat back system. That's totally different than the y-back systems that don't carry as much volume and can't compare in sound. Good Luck finding just the right system for your coupe, you need to hear them in person!
Gary

GaryOrsak 05-11-2015 07:44 PM

Thanks a lot man. Yeah. I need to see about going to some meets for sure. I'm freshly new to this car and have a lot to learn for sure. Don't want to go blowing money on things that aren't worth it either. Now I'm mainly looking for sound and getting my suspension lined out with what was done to the car already. Later will come the goodies "turbo set up" :)

ScraggleRock 05-11-2015 08:44 PM

The best exhaust, I've found, is the APC (american product company) universal muffler. I believe theyre exclusive to WalMart, so it may be hard to find, but it should be next to the light up license plate frames and glue on vents. It looks great (like a big shiny coffee can) and sounds even better (like big foot let out a gnarly Bigfoot fart). It guarantees a 35hp gain too. All for about $80. Can't go wrong.

GaryOrsak 05-11-2015 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScraggleRock (Post 6995451)
The best exhaust, I've found, is the APC (american product company) universal muffler. I believe theyre exclusive to WalMart, so it may be hard to find, but it should be next to the light up license plate frames and glue on vents. It looks great (like a big shiny coffee can) and sounds even better (like big foot let out a gnarly Bigfoot fart). It guarantees a 35hp gain too. All for about $80. Can't go wrong.

Smh....

ScraggleRock 05-11-2015 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by GaryOrsak (Post 6995452)
Smh....

Don't shake too hard.

VenomGT9 05-11-2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by partyman66 (Post 6995407)
Do you have the ARK Grip exhaust or the DT-S?

Grip true dual, not really HKS style nor the sound which is perfect in my opinion.

Hogbone 05-12-2015 11:38 AM

The bestest video EVER to be posted on youtube

EnCr1pt3d 05-12-2015 12:45 PM

I plan on getting a HKS (replica) HI-Power with the Ti tips. I love the way they sound. :icon17: