G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   05 Coupe Wont start HELP!!!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/449939-05-coupe-wont-start-help.html)

CrazyLogic219 06-24-2015 06:35 PM

05 Coupe Wont start HELP!!!!!

I have a 05 coupe and it will not start . I just came home from work last night and as soon as I put it in park and turned on my map lights it went dead nothing worked. I then got a jump off the next morning and when I pressed the button to open the hood in the car (because my remote key didn't work ) my door started beeping to let me know it's open ( I have power) so I tryed to turn it over and it went dead again. I found out my headlights switch was on but not all the way and turned it off. So I got a jump and it worked . So I turned it off and tried to crank it back up without cables and it wouldn't Crack . This never happend b4 and when I got the car (3 months ago ) I went and checked the battery and it's good . Why would my car cut off all of a sudden? Why wont it crank back up after i turn it off a jump?Please help!!!!!!!!! This never happened.

wuzz-upp 06-24-2015 07:57 PM

Jump start the car one more time and put a volt meter across the battery terminals and check the alternator output. With the engine running, you should be reading approx.13.5 to 14 volts. If you don't really know how old the battery is, be advised that unless you have a top of the line battery, the life expectancy of a battery is about 3 years. How exactly did you do to check the battery?

CrazyLogic219 06-24-2015 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by wuzz-upp (Post 7004730)
Jump start the car one more time and put a volt meter across the battery terminals and check the alternator output. With the engine running, you should be reading approx.13.5 to 14 volts. If you don't really know how old the battery is, be advised that unless you have a top of the line battery, the life expectancy of a battery is about 3 years. How exactly did you do to check the battery?

I took it to advance auto and they printed me a slip that said my battery was good . That was like 1 an a half months ago. It never did any of this b4 , it never had problems cranking or anything . When I took it up there she test the battery came back good and tighten the clips on the terminals.

wuzz-upp 06-24-2015 08:28 PM

Curious, why did you have the battery checked to begin with? It's not something typically done unless a problem exists. In any case, you need to check your charging system. Tell us what the voltage reading is with the engine running.

CrazyLogic219 06-24-2015 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by wuzz-upp (Post 7004739)
Curious, why did you have the battery checked to begin with? It's not something typically done unless a problem exists. In any case, you need to check your charging system. Tell us what the voltage reading is with the engine running.

I had it checked when I brought the car. Just to make sure everything was ok . When I had my oil changed I had it checked then too . They told me pretty much the same no holes in any of the hoes and it checked out ok . I never had a problem with anything until now out of no where but I will take it and get it checked and update u asap . Thanks