G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help me make a choice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me make a choice.

So I have a choice to either get my car repainted plus headlights done or get a tune and plenum spacer. I'll get both eventually but right now I have to choose one and get the other next month or so. Silly topic I know but I really can't decide lol. For reference my bumper, hood and mirror would be repainted. And my performance mods so far are just invidia Gemini and berk HFCs. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention. I'm an 2007 coupe manual.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:56 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I choose to let you make the choice. No offense but I've never understood threads like this, "What wheels look best for my car", "What color should I paint my car" etc. It's your car and these should be YOUR choices because they're very personal. Do what feels right to you. I had a lot of backlash here for several of my decisions along the journey of my car and IDGAF because I liked them.

If it were me I'd get the repaint 'cuz my girl doesn't feel so well when she doesn't look her best......

Old 03-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Like our Texas brother mentioned above, some things must be your choice...we can't make them for you! HFCs, you don't want either one of those...search you'll find they have a bad reputation. Fast Intention HFCs have worked great for me, a far better choice!
Gary

Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I choose to let you make the choice. No offense but I've never understood threads like this, "What wheels look best for my car", "What color should I paint my car" etc. It's your car and these should be YOUR choices because they're very personal. Do what feels right to you. I had a lot of backlash here for several of my decisions along the journey of my car and IDGAF because I liked them.

If it were me I'd get the repaint 'cuz my girl doesn't feel so well when she doesn't look her best......
This is the same guy who put Mustang wheels on his G35, mind you .

Originally Posted by SweetThuy
So I have a choice to either get my car repainted plus headlights done or get a tune and plenum spacer. I'll get both eventually but right now I have to choose one and get the other next month or so. Silly topic I know but I really can't decide lol. For reference my bumper, hood and mirror would be repainted. And my performance mods so far are just invidia Gemini and berk HFCs. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention. I'm an 2007 coupe manual.
What suits your fancy more?

IMO I loved the intake noise change when I got the plenum spacer, and without a doubt the car is peppier.

Go with what you think you'd want now, versus what can wait.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
This is the same guy who put Mustang wheels on his G35, mind you .

What suits your fancy more?

IMO I loved the intake noise change when I got the plenum spacer, and without a doubt the car is peppier.

Go with what you think you'd want now, versus what can wait.
I'll probably get a plenum spacer and a tune then. Just worried I won't feel a difference lol. Never had my car tuned before. Well dropping by z1 motorsports for a tune and plenum spacer next week. Will put up dyno sheets if anyone is interested

Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you planning on doing any other mods to your car in the future? No point in getting your car tuned just to have new parts put on a year later. I say go for the paint unless you're 100% sure you won't be modding your car in the future.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by brojohanson
Are you planning on doing any other mods to your car in the future? No point in getting your car tuned just to have new parts put on a year later. I say go for the paint unless you're 100% sure you won't be modding your car in the future.
Pretty sure I'm done modding after my plenum spacer. The rest after is cosmetics probably.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:33 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
lol famous last words right there^^

OP just watch out for the mod bug, when it bites into you it comes hard and fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.