G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I hate this car..

Old 10-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate this car..

05 6mt
157k miles

Engine stalled on me twice today, needed to get towed twice..

No engine codes at all.

All cam sensors/ crank sensor replaced.
New fuel pump
Rear timing cover gasket replaced
New pcv valve

It's been 1600 miles since all that was replaced and was driving perfect until today.

I have no idea what's wrong with it.
Had smoke coming out of the oil fill cap, so I drained the oil and put 5 gallons, thinking it was crazy low since I know these cars burning oil and checking the dipstick is useless. No milky oil.

I'm guessing the piston rings are shot but I'm hoping it another issue. No over heating issues either.

And it stalled both times after driving for a while, and didn't turn over and start again until it was completely cold.

Any suggestions?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
sell it

Old 10-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
sell it
The original plan was to LS swap it, but it'll cost too much for me currently.

So yea, I'm hoping to atleast get it running and take it to carmax.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Reckless_G
Had smoke coming out of the oil fill cap, so I drained the oil and put 5 gallons, thinking it was crazy low since I know these cars burning oil and checking the dipstick is useless. No milky oil.
I hope you didn't put 5 gallons of oil in... if so, that's why you're engine is hosed.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I hope you didn't put 5 gallons of oil in... if so, that's why you're engine is hosed.
Lmao! Sorry meant 5 quarts.. I was pissed while writing so I wasn't thinking straight.

I finally came up with a code p0345, I know it's bank 1 cam sensor so I switched the one from bank 2, then got bank 2 code so it's another bad sensor...I guess that's what I get for getting cheap cam sensors from ebay.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never use cheap parts on a car you plan to keep. Been burned way too many times by it myself. Fuel pump lasting a year, distributor cap lasting a few months, etc. Just not worth it.

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
It is ok to shop at ebay just make sure you know the genuine oem part or aftermarket part #. When it comes to electronic sensors, nissan only.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
The cam sensors aren't the same on either side; not sure how you switched them..

Stalling is easily remedied with all that is known about this car, and information available.

Honestly, you just kind of sound like a whiny b!tch who has no idea how to troubleshoot.

telcoman (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 02:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
For most electrical and solenoid components you DO NOT want to cheap out, especially on this vehicle. The added cost and inconvenience of two tow trucks and being stuck on the highway can be completely prevented by using the OEM stuff. Yeah it's a little more costly INITIALLY but those tow truck bills add up quickly.

telcoman (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
The cam sensors aren't the same on either side; not sure how you switched them..

Stalling is easily remedied with all that is known about this car, and information available.

Honestly, you just kind of sound like a whiny b!tch who has no idea how to troubleshoot.
Hey look, an Internet tough guy.. it's ok beta male, be tough behind you're keyboard... I stated in the first post that I have an 05 6mt which comes with the revup engine that has 4 cam sensors, so there's 2 pairs of the same sensor, now look who's the one that obviously doesn't know ****. I've had this car for 4 months and it's been giving me problems since day 1. You don't know the back story so please if you think I'm complaining or whiny, then feel free to just keep scrolling and don't click on MY thread..

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
For most electrical and solenoid components you DO NOT want to cheap out, especially on this vehicle. The added cost and inconvenience of two tow trucks and being stuck on the highway can be completely prevented by using the OEM stuff. Yeah it's a little more costly INITIALLY but those tow truck bills add up quickly.
Yea I realized that these cars are very picky. Luckily my insurance refunds my money for towing. I also just noticed that the exhaust smells like rotten eggs which most likely means clogged cats, given the milage on the car I would doubt it. So I just bought a cat delete down pipes and will be putting them in once they get here, I live in florida so no emissions here.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
[QUOTE=Reckless_G;7119999]05 6mt
157k miles

Engine stalled on me twice today, needed to get towed twice..

No engine codes at all.

All cam sensors/ crank sensor replaced.
New fuel pump
Rear timing cover gasket replaced
New pcv valve

It's been 1600 miles since all that was replaced and was driving perfect until today.

I have no idea what's wrong with it.

I'm guessing the piston rings are shot but I'm hoping it another issue. No over heating issues either.

And it stalled both times after driving for a while, and didn't turn over and start again until it was completely cold.

Any suggestions?
Stop using crappy cheap non OEM parts

Stop guessing and do a compression test.

If you don't have the necessary qualifications and proper tools have your vehicle checked out at your nearest Infiniti dealer.

When my previous 06 G35 needed a few thousand dollars worth of work at 171796 miles I traded it in for my present 2012 G37S.
Been very happy.

Telcoman

Old 10-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Lol your thread on a communal page?

I guess the funniest part is that I have 2 cars from the early 2000s that work perfectly because I know how to fix them and you have a broken piece of **** and yer whining on the internet without searching first.

Here's a little alpha advice for you: do it yourself (without help) and you won't have to catch **** for being a b!tch.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Lol your thread on a communal page?

I guess the funniest part is that I have 2 cars from the early 2000s that work perfectly because I know how to fix them and you have a broken piece of **** and yer whining on the internet without searching first.

Here's a little alpha advice for you: do it yourself (without help) and you won't have to catch **** for being a b!tch.
I've done everything on this car myself, ive had the cAR for 4 months and I'm new to the VQ engine...dealt wit LS engines all my life so I don't need help with those... I only asked what else cuz Im not sure if there is any common issues that everyone else has gone through that might chime in...if no one asked for help, these car forums wouldn't even exist...

When u can build something like this....come talk to me, until then keep working on ur shitty early 2000's cars...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1875431-cts-awd-2door-conversion-insanity.html

NemesisGee (10-18-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 01:26 AM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I've done everything on this car myself, ive had the cAR for 4 months and I'm new to the VQ engine...dealt wit LS engines all my life so I don't need help with those... I only asked what else cuz Im not sure if there is any common issues that everyone else has gone through that might chime in...if no one asked for help, these car forums wouldn't even exist...

When u can build something like this....come talk to me, until then keep working on ur shitty early 2000's cars...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-insanity.html
Your a fk1kng beast.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Lls welp

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.