G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Web-based BCM PIN Decoder Tool (NATS) (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/462909-web-based-bcm-pin-decoder-tool-nats.html)

NissanHT2005 08-12-2022 01:12 PM

NissanHT2005

Originally Posted by raygun (Post 7212971)
After a little more digging, I found this procedure which claims to work for the '05 XTerra. It's not clear if this will program the key, or if it's just for the remote fobs. :shrug:

https://northcoastkeyless.com/2005-n...-instructions/

I promise nothing, and read the disclaimers, but, since you're currently stuck, it's worth a shot.

thank you very much

NissanHT2005 08-12-2022 01:15 PM

NissanHT2005

Originally Posted by cleric670 (Post 7212995)
The key itself has an RFID transponder embedded inside it. The lock cylinder also has an antenna to read the chip. When you insert the key that data is sent to the BCM, if the BCM recognizes the key it will tell the ECM it's ok to start.

This is part of NATS Nissan Anti Theft System, it's a program that's shared between the BCM and ECM.

The BCM can be programmed by either the dealership or some locksmiths with the right computer, this rewrites the existing list of allowed key transponders, you cannot "add" to the list, nor can you remove single items. You program ALL the keys at the same time because it completely overwrites the existing list when you start programming.

Your original key data was overwritten by the previous locksmith. Call around and see if there's anyone locally who can program the BCM to accept your current keys (if your keys will actually turn the lock cylinder). Explain your financial situation to them and see if they'll do some kind of delayed payment or partial payment program. Try to avoid the dealership because they will not come to you, you will have to have your vehicle towed to the dealership to have it programmed.

Just so you know when this happens (which is VERY common) most people just have their vehicle towed to the dealership then pay the 1 hour service charge plus the cost of a new key. Key $125, 1 hour service $125, tow truck $200. So it's not cheap, treat those keys like it's a $500 bill because that's basically what they are.

Thank you very much
My brother has few very good data readers and system diagnostics.
If not an inconvenience, I will write you and tell you the name of them and possibly get help rewriting the code for the key.

Thank you again

rgp 02-14-2024 11:41 AM

anybody tried/validated the Web-based BCM PIN decoder lately?

Hi all,

I'm new here.

I've recently acquired a 2004 G35 2-door 6MT that appears to need a BCM. I've been reading up on the procedure for replacing it, if it does in fact require a new BCM. As a test, I tried the online BCM pin decoder that is referenced, and it came back with **two** different four digit pins for the alphanumeric code from the BCM that I input. This leaves me questioning if the site is still valid and trustworthy.

Has anyone used the site lately, or verified its accuracy? Anyone also get more than one four digit pin?

Thanks

raygun 02-14-2024 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by rgp (Post 7221021)
Hi all,

I'm new here.

I've recently acquired a 2004 G35 2-door 6MT that appears to need a BCM. I've been reading up on the procedure for replacing it, if it does in fact require a new BCM. As a test, I tried the online BCM pin decoder that is referenced, and it came back with **two** different four digit pins for the alphanumeric code from the BCM that I input. This leaves me questioning if the site is still valid and trustworthy.

Has anyone used the site lately, or verified its accuracy? Anyone also get more than one four digit pin?

Thanks

That's normal. Just try the first one. If that doesn't work, use the second one. They're calculated with a hash that isn't always unique. If the PIN is wrong, the car won't accept it. You won't break anything by trying both.