G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My g35 won’t go over 4K rpm After new muffler installation, what is the issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Roy760
ILl be wasting 150 for a diagnostic plus the towing there and back, plus the part and maybe even labor. This is why I am hoping someone would nail what it may be and save me some money, might as well replace a bunch of parts for less and do myself than waste on the diagnostic and towing and parts and labors. I really thought it would be something stupid and easy, how damn complicated can it be when we all know the problem and are limited to the fuel system being the culprit? I’ve already replaced the fuel pump, crank position sensor and starter. The car runs then when revved up to 4-5k it will die. Only other possible things I can think of is the fuel injectors or fuel filter. The car apparently doesn’t have a Throttle sensor so it can’t be that, I am pulling my hair on my 🥜 🎾⚾️
I'm frankly stunned at how hard-headed you're being here. You have been given direction and advice from some of the most knowledgeable people on this forum and you continue to stubbornly choose to ignore them. With all the computer controlled functions modern day cars have your issue may be something that only a Nissan/Infiniti dealer with the proper equipment can find. But keep throwing money at the problem if that's your plan, you'll end up getting tired of that when you finally realize that if you took it to a professional the cycle of pouring money down the drain and banging your head against the wall would stop.

Pep Boys, seriously? I almost never advise people to go to a dealer but there are certain times it's the right decision to make. This is one of those times so come down off that high horse you're riding, swallow your pride and get your car to someone who actually knows what they're doing. Or just part it out and get that Honda your inner self craves, I hear they're super easy to maintain and fix.

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You are making the wrong assumption that it is definitely a mechanical part, it could be a broken wire in a harness, a bad ECU, a bad battery, or many other potential items.

The dealership has a computer software called Consult-II that checks literally everything and reads all data in real time so it's much faster and easier for them to diagnose the problem without throwing random parts at the car.

There is a throttle position sensor in the throttle body, it is not individually replaceable.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It dies flat around 5k, it doesn’t bog down. The car ran perfectly for months then it just happened and now it’s been sitting. I bought it used and the previous owner swapped out the engine and I assume the ecu as well. We tried jumping the battery as well and it wasn’t that. Every part I replaced was not in very good condition that’s why I don’t mind just eliminating potential parts since I’m looking at is as a tune up. I will try resetting the ecu once I get the throttle body from rock auto and hopefully problem solved but if not the last thing I would assume will be fuel injectors. I just found it funny that the car ran 100% perfect no problems the day before yet next morning it would refuse to go over 4K, I had to drive it back home under 4K and it would go through each gear as normal as long as I didn’t go hard on the gas and go over 4K, cause then it would just sound like it was clogged and stay at 4K. I then parked home where i proceeded to get th original clip where then the throttle wouldn’t respond to my input enough, in the clip I was flooring the gas and letting off, I showed that, yet the rpm stayed around 2100k and go down and up as it pleased as I held the gas.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:20 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Do you hear any odd clicking noises coming from your fuel pressure dampers?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The biggest problem is that you're throwing random parts at it instead of diagnosing the problem, which is the most expensive and time-consuming way to repair a vehicle. Download the factory service manual and start following the diagnostic procedures like any real mechanic would do. Nissan wrote an entire book about how to diagnose and repair your car, why wouldn't you use it?

Blue Dream (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:41 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's actually not available for download anymore

But yes, TROUBLESHOOTING is the proper way to go about it.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:05 AM

This thread makes me crazy so sadly I'm unsubscribing..........

Old 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
It's actually not available for download anymore

But yes, TROUBLESHOOTING is the proper way to go about it.
But they are most likely still available for purchase?

I ordered these when I purchased my first Infiniti

-befhzyt.jpg

I have no use for these anymore and they are for sale for anyone that is willing to pay for them and the shipping.

I continue to be amazed at the number of those that post their Infiniti vehicle problems on sites such as these and refuse to obtain or read the FSM for their vehicle. This OP would rather waste time posting, wasting money, and refuse to listen to anyone that has much more experience or use any sort of logic to troubleshoot the problem and find the root cause. A AAA membership will provide 200 miles of free towing and as others have advised this hard headed immature poster spending the $150.00 diagnostic fee would be cheaper and quicker to find the root cause of the problem.
I'm wondering if it is a oil pressure problem that crops up at 5k RPM that is causing the engine to shut down? Any evidence of sludge in this used engine?
Yes the OP can go to Pep Boys and utilize their poorly paid and poorly trained so called mechanics and it will be cheaper that going to and utilizing Infiniti factory trained service technicians.

Telcoman

Old 05-10-2018, 12:13 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Oil pressure loss won't cause it to stall though, limp mode yes, I think it's an electrical or fuel delivery problem. All guesses however.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:42 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Wait, you said you replaced the Throttle position sensor now you're saying there isn't one? There is, but you can't buy it separate from the TB. But you can get one from a parts yard; either the whole TB or the sensor itself (not sure how/if it comes off), but it's basically a simple potentiometer and if it goes out, it can't relate throttle/TB values.

​​​

So, I'm still not wrong.. lol

Old 05-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Wait, you said you replaced the Throttle position sensor now you're saying there isn't one? There is, but you can't buy it separate from the TB. But you can get one from a parts yard; either the whole TB or the sensor itself (not sure how/if it comes off), but it's basically a simple potentiometer and if it goes out, it can't relate throttle/TB values.

​​​

So, I'm still not wrong.. lol
i bought the whole throttle body new it still won’t run so do I have to do something with the ecu? It still
shuts off alone sometimes immediately. I’ll try to get a clip soon but sometimes it’ll start for 10 seconds then turn off alone or sometimes I crank and it’s about to start up and it’ll just die, kind of like trying to start up a lawn mower or a dirt bike.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:20 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Did you ever calibrate the new TB when you installed it? Can't just bolt it on and drive.

I would do ALL these resets.

http://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-350z-ecu-reset-procedure.html

Old 05-13-2018, 09:01 PM

^ I installed the NWP 75mm TB a few years ago and just bolted it up, it ran fine without doing a single reset ever. I think I just got lucky...........

Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah you got lucky, the throttle closed position is probably a fairly generic value across TB's but the idle air calibration you definitely got lucky on

Blue Dream (05-14-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 10:27 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You have a G35 that s/b on the street purring like a kitten and yet you've chosen to continue throwing parts at it instead of finding out what's causing your issue! Run your G into Nissan or a qualified independent Nissan shop, they'll nail down the cause of your issue in minutes. When I have issues my tuner plugs in his lap top and it's obvious what's causing my problems...and they're fixed and I'm back on the road! Life doesn't have to be that difficult...Gary

The following 2 users liked this post by gary c:
Blue Dream (05-16-2018), cleric670 (05-15-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My g35 won’t go over 4K rpm After new muffler installation, what is the issue?