G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Hear water rushing on take off in drivers door area (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/465365-hear-water-rushing-take-off-drivers-door-area.html)

foreste1 12-04-2018 01:28 PM

Hear water rushing on take off in drivers door area

When I take off I am hearing some water moving and it sounds like maybe inside bottom of drivers door, is this from sunroof drains being clogged?

Urbanengineer 12-04-2018 02:14 PM

Possibly. My case was air in my water coolant lines due to a pin hole leak in one of my heater core hoses.

TokkioDrift 12-04-2018 06:01 PM

You could always rule out the sunroof drains by feeding some weed wacker line down the drains. Go slow and follow with warm water. The drains run along the pilars to the firewall. You should see the water and any gunk come out from the wheel well area. sunroofs are a weak spot, so its good maintenance anyway and is cheap. Hardest part is finding the drain holes (one in each corner of the tray).

if you think water is sloshing in the door, your window trim/seal could be letting water in the door panel. Could probably test by parking on an incline and seeing if you can hear it moving the door back and forth quickly. Or look up the procedure for window motor replacement and take a look inside your door panel.

G2B35AGN 12-04-2018 07:55 PM

The floor pan has cavities that have foam spacers in them to level the carpet surface. If you can't track it down to the door, you might have water in the pans on the driver's side. I've seen posts here where that has been the source of persistent mildew odor that couldn't be cleaned out of carpet. Person had to take out seats and carpet to thoroughly dry it out. If you've taken on a lot of water, shop-vac/soaping the carpet is not enough. Did you by any chance recently leave window or sunroof open during a rain?

partyman66 12-06-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN (Post 7156626)
The floor pan has cavities that have foam spacers in them to level the carpet surface. If you can't track it down to the door, you might have water in the pans on the driver's side. I've seen posts here where that has been the source of persistent mildew odor that couldn't be cleaned out of carpet. Person had to take out seats and carpet to thoroughly dry it out. If you've taken on a lot of water, shop-vac/soaping the carpet is not enough. Did you by any chance recently leave window or sunroof open during a rain?

I Second this. My sunroof drains were plugged a year ago and I had water leak into my car while it was stored outside for the winter. I had a ton of water that I couldn't see or feel through the carpet that was caught under there in the floorpans. I had to lift the carpet up and dry it out real well after unplugging the drains. This could be sloshing around.

Do your interior windows fog up when it's parked?