Rate my 2004 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol damn you know what?

The damn akebono is cheaper.

https://www.carid.com/2008-infiniti-...-45345327.html

The problem is that damn core cost is and cost of the adapter is still gonna kill me.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by effimero89
Now I just have to decide on a color for paint
Pick your poison.

I’m in the process of getting ready to have my brembos and wheels removed and powder coated and I’ve been going through that thread trying to get an idea of a color to go with for my brembo’s. This site has full images of the different color options you can order. After seeing how much bigger the Akebonos are than the brembos, I’m curious how much better those are compared to the brembos. They look nice.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
They have better fade resistance, but it's no easy feat getting the Brembos to fade either. I've never managed to get anywhere close autocrossing or slowing down after highway pulls. You won't notice any difference in stopping power either, it's really all about looks as the Akebonos really look like big honking brakes while the brembos don't really look that big compared to a lot of modern performance cars.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
Nice ride. As far as the oil leak is concerned, most likely rocker cover gaskets with 150k miles. I am currently doing rocker cover gaskets at the moment and it is slightly a pain getting the passenger side cover off and back on, but other than that it isn't that hard and doesn't really cost too much to do. I however had a spark plug well gasket failed on cylinder 6 and the well had a good amount of oil in it so I ordered a cover from RockAuto and should be here tomorrow so I can finish up the job. I already had the factory Infiniti rocker cover gaskets so all I purchased was a Felpro plenum gasket set from the parts store (which was close to $50 which is almost half the cost of factory plenum gaskets from the dealer) and the rocker cover. My 04 currently has 205k miles on it and still performs well mechanically, but its the little stupid problems these cars get when the miles start racking up like bad sensors, minor oil leaks, suspension bushings, wheel bearings etc etc, oh and the drivers seat leather going to crap and the cushion wearing out as well.... annnnnnnd the tilt/recline switch/track/motor going bad on the seat as well! Check around at local junk yards for some G/Z's within the same year range and you might can score some spare replacement parts for cheap. Where I live there is a big basically scrap yard for cars and you can wonder the lot 4-6 acres and pull your own parts, I am going Saturday to dig around because I think there may be a G there and maybe a few Z's that have been wrecked that I can get me some goodies off of.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by effimero89
Update: https://www.carid.com/cardone/remanu...gleid=45345184

If I'm able to get a core refund these will only cost me $120. Hell even with the core it's still a better deal.

I'm trying to figure out where those 4 extra caliper bolts go for the rear?
The 4 bolts that I posted are used to replace the existing mounting bolts for the rear calipers. Two on each side. You'll need these bolts since the Brembos are larger than the OEM floating-style calipers.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:50 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Kaizen
The 4 bolts that I posted are used to replace the existing mounting bolts for the rear calipers. Two on each side. You'll need these bolts since the Brembos are larger than the OEM floating-style calipers.

I've heard the 2005-2007 coupes can reuse the rear bolts... is this true?

Old 12-17-2018, 11:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jyounya
I've heard the 2005-2007 coupes can reuse the rear bolts... is this true?
I don't think they can, but I could be mistaken. They're only $3-$4/each, so I didn't take the chance.

However, I did misspeak earlier about the bolts - I believe that the Brembos need the different mounting bolts because of the thread pitch as opposed to them being bigger. The length (35mm) is the same. The diameter (12mm) is the same. BUT, the thread pitch was changed from fine to medium 1.75.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
The rears mount up using same hardware/no bracket. The banjo bolt will NOT work if you are switching from regular brakes. Dust shield also needs cutting to fit the bigger rotor

Old 12-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock
Clean G, I hope by the end of next spring mines will be as fiiiiine!

Old 12-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Your car looks great. Don't go crazy and camber or slam it. I'm old though.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't dare lol

Old 12-26-2018, 01:57 PM

thanks for the inspiration guys. I ended up choosing the illusion blueberry from prismatic powders. Incredible color. These were remanufactured Brembo's from Oreilles. This is the back side. The front side got ruined because of a stupid *** decal.

Anyways, while we are here... Is there a part number for the banjo bolt I need?

Old 12-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Out of 10?
-1 for the clears
-1 for the missing bumper cover / license plate hole
- 2 for the missing G35 emblem
+ 2 for not putting a skyline badge
-1 for the black side mirrors (looks off)

7/10

Old 12-26-2018, 03:08 PM
I thought the clear was preferred? The orange looks a little off to me.

Just pulled the front license plate off because I'm going to repaint front bumper.

Still, haven't decided on the side mirrors

Old 12-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Car looking great. I agree, get back the OEM badging on the trunk. I'm a stickler for keeping these as bone stock as possible since there are almost none around anmymore, I'd personal go with the OEM gold style. That is a stunning colour for the brakes though and if I didn't have a Caribbean blue, and my brakes needed a paint, I'd choose this colour.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rate my 2004 G35