G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   06 automatic coupe not shifting correctly (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/465671-06-automatic-coupe-not-shifting-correctly.html)

FahBreezy 01-12-2019 07:41 AM

06 automatic coupe not shifting correctly

Lengthy story to how this happened so I'm gonna try and shorten it...

Crashed car into dirt, kinked lower oil return from radiator, drove with low oil pressure/oil spraying all over engine, fixed problem, did oil change.....

Now here is the fun stuff, I start up the car and let it idle for about 15 minutes after the oil change because I wasn't sure if anything bad happened but everything seemed to be fine. I put the car into drive and press the gas and it revs the **** out of the engine like I'm in neutral then finally grabs first gear, but the shifting is god awful.

I'm getting worried now so I go to fill up my tank and research the problem, found some stuff about resetting the ecu to relearn the correct gear shifting times.

Complete all the steps to reset it and read I had to drive for an hour to completely fix the problem, drove for an hour straight and the shifting was still wonky.

I reset the ecu about three more times and in the beginning it seems like its getting better but the second I turn the ignition off and restart it, it seems like my car is starting in 3rd gear (Having to gas a ton to even move also seems like I'm stuck in third gear)

So once I am "stuck in third gear" I am not even able to shift with the triptonic mode, but when I first reset it I have full control and can drive as smoothly as I want.

Anyone have this problem or know whats going on? The triptonic working when I first reset it makes me think the tranny is completely fine and the ecu needs to be reset a different way or something :?

Also, I always have a check engine light on with no codes (had when car was running fine) and this doesn't make it go away, not sure what that means.

cleric670 01-12-2019 10:40 AM

If the service engine light is on you have codes, the reader you are using may be unable to read them however.

The shifting problems you're experiencing sounds exactly like low transmission fluid, have you checked the fluid level, if so then how EXACTLY have you been checking the fluid level?

FahBreezy 01-12-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7159293)
If the service engine light is on you have codes, the reader you are using may be unable to read them however.

The shifting problems you're experiencing sounds exactly like low transmission fluid, have you checked the fluid level, if so then how EXACTLY have you been checking the fluid level?

Topped off the fluid today from a cold start then shifted through drive park reverse neutral about 5 times and took it for a drive and after that the level was fine. Could this be happening from having too much oil in the car?

herrschaft 01-12-2019 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by FahBreezy (Post 7159325)
Topped off the fluid today from a cold start then shifted through drive park reverse neutral about 5 times and took it for a drive and after that the level was fine. Could this be happening from having too much oil in the car?

Any current fluid leaks? What all was damaged on the car?

Blue Dream 01-13-2019 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by FahBreezy (Post 7159325)

If your talking about motor oil the answer is no.