G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Tint or no tint? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/466371-tint-no-tint.html)

Kennycaine 04-07-2019 12:39 AM

Tint or no tint?

I've noticed that there are a LOT of sliver/graphite Gs like mine with tint, probably more of that hue than any other. I have seen some Gs without tint that look classy and refined. Are there guys out there who don't have their Gs tinted? I am toying with the idea of going tintless just to not have a car look the same as so many others.

Scorpi0 04-07-2019 01:17 AM

I gotta have my tints so people outside cant see me when Im picking my nose.

Blue Dream 04-07-2019 01:35 AM

Down here in south Texas tints are a part of survival lol. It gets too brutally hot in the summer not to have it and it does a great job of protecting the interior materials from UV damage if you have a quality tint.

Lexpd1145 04-07-2019 06:36 AM

My 2 cents

I have always had tint on my cars, but now that I am in my 50s and my night vision isn't what it once was I have had to rethink tint. My car stays in the garage so its not in the sun all the time, its also already had 14 years of being in the sun. I might consider something lighter tint just for the uv protection but not sure if that would help how the car looks. If your car already has tint and you go to remove or replace you can also end up with damage to the rear window defroster. That may or may not be an issue for some, I have heard they can be fixed if strip isn't too bad. Mine will probably just have to stay without the tint, I just cant see out of the windows at night anymore.

Charlie

cswlightning 04-07-2019 10:28 AM

Tint is too inexpensive a mod to pass up for the privacy benefits IMO.... "wasn't me driving sir"

Not to mention parking anywhere at night and not having anyone being able to see what you're doing inside with your girl...

cleric670 04-07-2019 11:10 AM

It'll add many years to the life of your interior and if you drive at nighttime it helps reduce the blinding light from that eBay LED reftrofit 1990 Honda Civic driving behind or beside you.

Akirabread 04-07-2019 03:20 PM

Lol

Blue Dream 04-08-2019 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lexpd1145 (Post 7165251)
I have always had tint on my cars, but now that I am in my 50s and my night vision isn't what it once was I have had to rethink tint. My car stays in the garage so its not in the sun all the time, its also already had 14 years of being in the sun. I might consider something lighter tint just for the uv protection but not sure if that would help how the car looks. If your car already has tint and you go to remove or replace you can also end up with damage to the rear window defroster. That may or may not be an issue for some, I have heard they can be fixed if strip isn't too bad. Mine will probably just have to stay without the tint, I just cant see out of the windows at night anymore.

Charlie

I'm 56 and my eyes aren't great but the tint doesn't impair my vision as much as I thought it would. I really think the benefits far outweigh the detriments.

G2B35AGN 04-08-2019 02:23 PM

NC has strict tint laws (38% max I believe) and annual safety/emissions inspections required for registration. I'm sitting 63 and fortunately still have good night vision. 38% won't do it for a murdered-out look, but it's enough to look much better than OEM, most importantly I get the UV protection, and is not troubling in the least at night. YMMV, of course.

gary c 04-09-2019 10:28 PM

"News Flash," if you don't want your windows tinted dark and live in a state that frowns on dark windows, 3M for several years has had a clear tint that knocks down 99% of glare allowing your interior to stay cooler and not be destroyed! You could even have your windshield tinted for maximum protection! No one will know why you're smiling when it's at triple digits! :OHBOY:
Gary

Scorpi0 04-09-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 7165439)
"News Flash," if you don't want your windows tinted dark and live in a state that frowns on dark windows, 3M for several years has had a clear tint that knocks down 99% of glare allowing your interior to stay cooler and not be destroyed! You could even have your windshield tinted for maximum protection! No one will know why you're smiling when it's at triple digits! :OHBOY:
Gary

Whats it called? Link?

Urbanengineer 04-10-2019 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
It'll add many years to the life of your interior and if you drive at nighttime it helps reduce the blinding light from that eBay LED reftrofit 1990 Honda Civic driving behind or beside you.

Lmao, it's the brodozers rocking that Carolina Squat look that are blinding af around here.

Originally Posted by gary c
Gary

Yep! Ceramic based tints are amazing! You can get 99% visibility, yet still have better protection than that other guy with the 5% eBay tint. I'll be ceramic tinting all my next cars.

G2B35AGN 04-10-2019 04:29 PM

Yep ceramic 38% (or whatever the darkest standard % film they had that's legal here) is what I used. It's great.