G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this a good price for this '05 G35 6MT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by civic4982
Exactly... all talk...
Seriously why would someone lie about how much they paid? I will definintely post the sales contract online when I get home today. Look for it around 7:00PM EST

Old 04-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Dont buy it with 200 miles on it, no freakin way. I dont care if its below invoice you dont know how much sh** that car has been through during test drives.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Seriously why would someone lie about how much they paid? I will definintely post the sales contract online when I get home today. Look for it around 7:00PM EST
I wouldn't give the two of them the satisfaction.

The guy joins the forum a month ago and initially asks repeatedly about prices. Apparently he has now ordered a car from a dealer in TX and I suspect paid more than what many of us are reporting and in fact he proceded to tell the FL Club guys that the $500 over Invoice deal they have is actually more than a thousand over Invoice.

I think that these folk don't want to face up to the fact that some people have negotiated prices considerably below what they paid.

I hope you enjoy your new car - and I hope my wife's car gets here soon.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg
I wouldn't give the two of them the satisfaction.

The guy joins the forum a month ago and initially asks repeatedly about prices. Apparently he has now ordered a car from a dealer in TX and I suspect paid more than what many of us are reporting and in fact he proceded to tell the FL Club guys that the $500 over Invoice deal they have is actually more than a thousand over Invoice.

I think that these folk don't want to face up to the fact that some people have negotiated prices considerably below what they paid.

I hope you enjoy your new car - and I hope my wife's car gets here soon.
I suspect he currently drives a Civic as well. Joy.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I suspect he currently drives a Civic as well. Joy.
Wonder what he is paying for his new car? If he a serviceman he can get it for Invoice + $0 at Grubbs. I suspect he is not.

Bergen County? Raised In Staten Island - lived in Glen Rock later on.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm 2 hours south of the Delaware Memorial Bridge in MD. wnt1bd on this board in January said that he had (finally) received his new 05 CPE 6MT from a dealer here in MD and had paid $800 over Invoice. I swapped a few private messages and than a few E-mails with him.

On 1/27 I called that dealership and had about a ten minute conversation and struck a deal for a 05 CPE 6MT at Invoice + $500 subject to my wife test-driving any G-35 6MT they might have available. I immediately called three other dealers in MD and VA and allowed as how I was a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) and that their www site had contacts at each of these dealerships that would quote "special NFCU prices.” I got the sense that they really didn't know what I was talking about. lol The best I could get quoted at these three dealerships was a few hundred below MSRP.

That night my wife test-drove a 6MT and I met wnt1bd and his new G-35 at the dealership. We placed the order that night for Invoice + $500 which is $3043 below MSRP. Fully loaded.

Now, there are three dealerships that did not make a profit off my purchase and one that will when our car arrives. I suspect that nobody is under the impression that Grubbs doesn't make a profit when they sell a vehicle at Invoice and my dealer is making $500 more than that from me - and I will not be paying a $700 shipping fee.

I don't know how often Infiniti updates their www site Inventory lists for each dealership, but it shows 18 05 CPE 6MT's at my dealership and it has not changed for some number of days. I do not know how much in finance charges and other costs it costs a dealership to keep a car on the lot, but that cost to the dealer will be miniscule for my car as presumably we will take the car and give him a check the same day it arrives - and he's had the use of my $500 for two+ months so far.

If there is a notion that local dealers can't get these cars in to keep up with the demand, than I don't see that reflected in the Inventory lists for local dealers in this part of the world. I certainly don't mean to suggest that this isn't the case in other parts of the country.
What's the name of this dealership in MD and who was your point of contact? If you guys don't mind sharing that info, it would be very helpful. PM if needed. Thanks

Old 04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't think negotiating a deal is impossible but I just think too many people are stating BS. $200 over invoice....dealers have overhead and salaries to pay. $200 over invoice is not going to cut it. I work in the cruise industry and I always get a kick out of the clowns that call at the very last minute. When they call one of my sales agents will say, "you are in luck, I have 1 room left on tomorrows 3 day sailing." And the guest will say, "Oh, yes give me that last minute special." Then my agent quotes them $799.00 per person for a 3 day cruise. Then the guest freaks out and thinks because it is the last cabin we were going to let him sail for almost nothing. It is the opposite way around.....last cabin your going to pay. If not we will sell it to someone else. 9/11 days our over!

It is not like Infiniti has 500 G35's sitting on every lot. There is no need to rush the sale. Do you think the dealer is going to invest $35K on each car to make $200....Get the *** out of town. Would you invest $35 to make a $200 profit? I sure as hell won't!

With all that said, keep in mind that I don't think negotiating a deal is impossible but some of these prices that people say they are paying are not possible unless there is a special circumstance behind the deal. Maybe they are getting ripped off on their trade in. Maybe there getting jacked on the interest rate. Maybe they are getting VPP or FGC discounts. There's more to it than just I am a master negotiator.

And for the record, I think I got a fair price for my car....maybe not $500 over invoice, buy time is money to me and having to haggle over $1000 is not my definition of a nice saturday afternoon. As long as you don't get ripped off then be happy.

Old 04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Espresso
What's the name of this dealership in MD and who was your point of contact? If you guys don't mind sharing that info, it would be very helpful. PM if needed. Thanks
Done.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Do you think the dealer is going to invest $35K on each car to make $200....Get the *** out of town. Would you invest $35 to make a $200 profit? I sure as hell won't!
Yes... volume selling is the major difference. $200 X 100 cars = $20,000. Major grocery stores sell many of their products at 1% profit. True story. But when you're selling 30 thousand two liter bottles of coke (loose example) a month, a couple cents adds up. Deciding which investments to make is usually directly correlated with the level of risk of losing that money. Car dealerships know they are going to sell these cars, there is little risk. So the real question is... if I had 35K that I didn't need right now at all, and it would return me a minimum of $200 in about a month guaranteed, would I do it? Sure.

On a side note, I do agree that many people here are BSing about the price they paid for their car... but what can you do.

Last edited by sales; 04-01-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by sales
.. if I had 35K that I didn't need right now at all, and it would return me a minimum of $200 in about a month guaranteed, would I do it? Sure.

Is it your belief that if a dealer sells a car for Invoice +$200 that his profit is only $200?

Old 04-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Is it your belief that if a dealer sells a car for Invoice +$200 that his profit is only $200?
no kiddo, I was using that number strictly for quoting purposes... It's not my number it's his. I realize there is a holdback, dealer incentives and kickbacks. For instance a 6MT has a dealer holdback of $941. roll your eyes somewhere else, because you're not teaching me anything.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
no kiddo, I was using that number strictly for quoting purposes... It's not my number it's his. I realize there is a holdback, dealer incentives and kickbacks. For instance a 6MT has a dealer holdback of $941. roll your eyes somewhere else, because you're not teaching me anything.
Yes you guys forgot the holdback. I will put this all to bed once I get home in about an hour. See you guys then.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
no kiddo, ...
"Kiddo?" lol

A simple civil question was posed. Also, you clearly don't work in the food industry.

Done. Bye!

Old 04-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Let me use this same example again.

Let's say you are a business owner and you sell product A. You have 100 product A's on your shelf, but you have 2000 customers that want product A. Would you discount product A? If you would then you don't know how to run a business.....It is all about supply and demand. The more demand and less supply you have the price goes up......no discounts! The G35 6mt is product A. I am not saying that a few people don't get a good deal on this car, but there are just to many bullsh!t posts about what was paid for the car. Like I said before, scan the sales contract (black out any personal info) and post it. I will believe it when I see it. We are not talking about a freaking Hyndai people.

Why are people affraid to show the proof?
I can tell you that i picked up my 2005 G35 6mt Laser red/graphite full aero and premimum package in January for 34,521 I think it was 285 dollars over invoice the Msrp was 37460.

Initial contact was Via internet, he quoted me $500 over invoice right off the bat and we then spoke on the phone for a few minutes and we came up with a final price. The price was all worked out before I ever set foot in the dealership. I test drove a 2004 6mt because they didn't have any 2005's in yet. I liked the car and told him to get me a 2005 I spent more time the day i picked up the car going over the car then i did making the deal.

If you want a great deal Call Robb Tagalini @ Holman infiniti tell him Carl sent you!

There was no trade in on this deal, There was no VPP pricing, And there was no financing I PAID CASH for the car. My total out the door with with tax tags and all transfer fees was 36,920.76

I will be happy to prove it to you but I see no benefit to me to waste my time to scan the doucment. Believe it some of us got very good deals on our G's

Last edited by Hotrod; 04-01-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Z2G
about getting a little over invoice for a new car, i don't think it's impossible. it may depend on your area and if the dealer is really desperate for a sale. for example, there's a salesman that i know that works for honda. he sells a ton of cars (hondas) at really low prices because he's more concerned with the quantity of sales (when you add it all up, adds up to a lot). while his coworkers try to get the buyer to pay closer to msrp (more commission), he sells the cars for the lowest he can and only makes about $200 commission per car (the lowest commission payable). but, you add several of those sales per day, it adds up. whereas, his coworkers only sell 1-2 cars per week.

with the g35 coupes (especially the 05 6mt), i can't help from being a bit skeptical. for the most part, i think there was some catch--a test-drive car, vpp pricing, or military discount, etc. and for those who were able to get a great dealer (invoice plus only a few hundred dollars), i think they got extremely lucky and it was due more to circumstance (dealer in a bad area that lacked sales, previous customer had cancelled his order, etc).

for those who were able to get great deals but spent hours haggling, good for you: ) i just don't have the patience to sit and haggling to save another hundred or two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for this '05 G35 6MT?