G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

intresting ride home today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intresting ride home today

First my ride home today started off pretty good. I ran into a 03-04 G35 Coupe Silver on the 210N, guy gave me a heads up i waved back and that was the first time i ever got a response from a fellow G rider. Then a half hour after that i ran into annoying *** Saturn ION (can we smoke these? im pretty sure we can) keep on looking at me speeding up and pulling back. SO i just ignored him. On top of that once i got off the 105W i get this annoying **** Blue Honda Civic (i think it was a 04) with exhaust,intake, and some rims, come speeding past me reving the hell out of his car. Just had to let you all know how a trip can start off really good and get really annoying in a matter of minutes.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:30 PM
i love it how all these "racers" pull up and start reving their engines and stuff and think they can take us.. i just laugh and keep on driving

Old 04-22-2005, 11:34 PM
LoL waste of gas, i dunno that Saturn looked pretty fast it had a body rims and exhaust, couldnt see if it had IC upfront

Old 04-23-2005, 12:30 AM
what is an "ion" are those fast ?? People in souped civics/ 3's/ corolla's/ base impreza's/ cavaliers/ etc...always rev their engines when I'm cruisin in my Lude, cannot stand it....just wait til my G arrives....I'll probably know what you mean then....

Old 04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
I was riding in my friend's GS 430 the other day carpooling to work. This blue Civic passed by on the 10E freeway and started reving his engine. All he has in the outside are hubcabs and an exhaust. So my friend decided to go at it and next thing we know, the civic was 2 cars behind. Out of nowhere, i was looking in the mirror and saw the civic sped up and zoooooooom passed by friend's car while we're at 100mph. I was like holy sh*t wtf is under his hood.

9 out of 10 civics are trashes but that one could be one hella fast car. I remember seeing a drag clip that a civic went a quarter mile at 9.8 sec.

Old 04-23-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by bigbadbns
I was riding in my friend's GS 430 the other day carpooling to work. This blue Civic passed by on the 10E freeway and started reving his engine. All he has in the outside are hubcabs and an exhaust. So my friend decided to go at it and next thing we know, the civic was 2 cars behind. Out of nowhere, i was looking in the mirror and saw the civic sped up and zoooooooom passed by friend's car while we're at 100mph. I was like holy sh*t wtf is under his hood.

9 out of 10 civics are trashes but that one could be one hella fast car. I remember seeing a drag clip that a civic went a quarter mile at 9.8 sec.
it's amazing what you can do with a little NOS and 20K in mods....but it's still a CIVIC

Old 04-23-2005, 01:47 AM
don't underestimate all the civics out there...many of them have swaps like the b18c gsr motor...and with just that engine and some mods they can easily keep up or beat a G35

Old 04-23-2005, 04:18 AM
LoL but that Saturn ION was more hilarious than the civic. The driver and his buddy glanced at me looking me like they wanted to race, i would of showed them up but traffic was a little too much, so i didnt wana risk it. But if i ran into them at a light i would of tried to show em up. Two lil punks think there faster than a G (stupid crap Saturn ION-bodykit,rims, and exhaust is all i saw from the outside)

Old 04-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Was it Saturn Ion Redline? If so, it's pretty quick as GM through a supercharger on it and I hear it puts down around 200hp at the wheels (GM underrated the hp)....oh and Ion Redline = Chevrolet Cobalt SS
I also hear they do 0-60 in ~7.0

Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by madchef
Was it Saturn Ion Redline? If so, it's pretty quick as GM through a supercharger on it and I hear it puts down around 200hp at the wheels (GM underrated the hp)....oh and Ion Redline = Chevrolet Cobalt SS
I also hear they do 0-60 in ~7.0
Cobalt SS ran to 60 in 6.0 and through the quarter in 14.4 as per Motor Trend. Pretty quick..

A kid at work changes the motors in his Civic like most people change their socks. He dogs some pretty nice cars too - I wouldn't go near him in a G. He does good work - his car is set up pretty nice inside and out. Unfortunately he spends time in court too - he hasn't elarned his lesson yet..

He does back to back tours in the desert to save money so he can come home and continue to build his car. He's got a couple of tricked out bikes too.

You just never know.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
LoL but that Saturn ION was more hilarious than the civic. The driver and his buddy glanced at me looking me like they wanted to race, i would of showed them up but traffic was a little too much, so i didnt wana risk it. But if i ran into them at a light i would of tried to show em up. Two lil punks think there faster than a G (stupid crap Saturn ION-bodykit,rims, and exhaust is all i saw from the outside)

Why do you automatically assume that he thinks that he is faster than you???

If i pulled up next to a C55 AMG, I would rev on him too....not because I think I am faster but because I want to see how fast that puppy is!

Old 04-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
First my ride home today started off pretty good. I ran into a 03-04 G35 Coupe Silver on the 210N, guy gave me a heads up i waved back and that was the first time i ever got a response from a fellow G rider. Then a half hour after that i ran into annoying *** Saturn ION (can we smoke these? im pretty sure we can) keep on looking at me speeding up and pulling back. SO i just ignored him. On top of that once i got off the 105W i get this annoying **** Blue Honda Civic (i think it was a 04) with exhaust,intake, and some rims, come speeding past me reving the hell out of his car. Just had to let you all know how a trip can start off really good and get really annoying in a matter of minutes.

I bet a modded ION redline could take a G35 pretty easily (at least up to 100). Stock FI cars can be made into beasts without a ton of money. My modded WRX would have destroyed my G (I was running 12's in the 1/4 with only a few K in mods).

Similarly, I have seen some beastly Hondas in my day. Those cars are nice and light and a B18 swap is cheap and easy.

Still, I've found that very few people with truly fast cars pull up to and rev on drivers that obviously aren't trying to race. Chances are that both these guys were wannabes.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay here's a hint:

Unless they have dumped 4x the value of their car into the hood, They are not faster than the G. Their SUV's have like 160hp. Their 'coupes' have about 100.

Turbo'd they'd have like 150hp? Sad cars

a WRX comes with about 180hp more right out of the box my friend, WRX can wreck a G35 stock in 0-60 (or close at least)

Old 04-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Okay here's a hint:

Unless they have dumped 4x the value of their car into the hood, They are not faster than the G. Their SUV's have like 160hp. Their 'coupes' have about 100.

Turbo'd they'd have like 150hp? Sad cars

a WRX comes with about 180hp more right out of the box my friend, WRX can wreck a G35 stock in 0-60 (or close at least)
Read ION REDLINE (which is probably what the poster saw given the description). That's a supercharged 210hp car - stock. A WRX comes with 227hp stock. Given the light weight of the ION I bet the following would produce a G killer:
CAI - $200
MBC - $70 (may not even be necessary on the ION)
Pulley - $110

For under $500 that little Redline will pull away from a G handily. Remember that stock Forced Induction cars see huge gains without much $$ (i.e. SRT4, WRX, EVO, 03+ Cobra, Supra, and DSM).

I didn't buy my G because I thought it was fast. I know any kid with 20K for an SRT4 and another grand in mods will make me look like an idiot if I try to race him. I bought the G because it's a complete package.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
sexy nice

Last edited by Jtrain; 08-22-2005 at 08:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: intresting ride home today