G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Would you buy 05 6mt Sedan with 50 miles on it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy 05 6mt Sedan with 50 miles on it?

It just so happens that a dealer near me has the car I am interested in on the lot. As many of you know finding a 6sp sedan is very hard to find.

The question is: Would you buy it off the lot knowing it has 50 miles on it. It is reasonable to think that those are test drive miles.

The alternative is to order one from the factory, pay a little more, and wait 3 months for it.

What do you think?

Old 05-02-2005, 05:24 PM
no, order and wait on it. No tellin what they did in those 50 miles, there some crazy people in this world.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i agree....even when the sales rep told me my car arrived and he had to get it from the compound I insisted on going with him. I trust no one...especially those dumb car jockeys.

My mistrust is partly because I used to work as a car jockey back when in high school for a car rental company...and we drove those things into the ground.

Order it, wait and pick it up yourself with the rep!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends, do you plan on having the car for 200k miles? I lease my cars so I usually don't care how many miles they have (mine only had 8 miles, but I could care less). My last acura had 400 miles on it so I got the car at invoice. You might get a better deal if it has more miles and it will run just as good.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:13 PM
gtr proto test driver
order. those 50 miles is all you need to create a promblem down the road. When those guys let you test drive G35s they really **REALLY** beat the sh|t out them

Old 05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
And just because you order a car doesnt mean that it wont be driven hard. For example, I ordered mine and received it about 3 weeks ago. Last week I mentioned to my salesman that I am following the under 4000 rpm break-in schedule. He said almost no one follows that, certainly not the technicians who test drive and fill the car with gas before delivery. So even though my car only had 10 miles on it, my salesman implied it was driven hard right off the bat. Oh well, it runs great and thats what warranties are for.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
SUD
I would have no problem buying it. 50 miles is nothing and I don't subscribe to the take it easy during break-in period. Personally, I believe that is 'old school' thinking based upon previous crappy design and built in sloppy manufacturing. Driving the crap out of mine right away In case you are worried about some butt head having REALLY abused it...just check the tires. They should still be perfect...if they aren't and the rubber is worn from some 18 year old (in age or mindset) lighting up the tires...well then maybe I might be concerned. Otherwise, I'd buy it and enjoy it for the 3 extra months for the sake of a few miles.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree with the majority who say don'y get it.....could have been test driven by a guy like me. When I tested the G35, I drove it almost 2 hours and put my foot through the floor. The salesman egged me on, saying "do it do it." So I did it. I'm sure he told other people to do it. Same thing happened when I tested the Mazda RX8. Sadly, there was no giddy-up in the RX8.....no torque.
Order a fresh one.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:56 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What you guys don't know is that each one of your cars is sped up to over 100mph, followed by slamming on the brakes before it even leaves the assembly line. Contradicts anything said about break-in in your owner's manual huh? What is more, salesmen, grease monkeys and all kinds of dumb car jockeys at the dealership make sure that each car gets its fair share of abuse before it leaves their lot. They never have to drive a car from their holding area or another dealer, so all miles are necessarily from test-drives. Of course most sedans are test-driven by 18 year-olds (in age or mindset) and all potential buyers beat the tar out of the cars just like our own Mr. reggiek. What if some high school kid who didn't know stick test drove it?? Don't forget the car is made out of lead crystal, it's so fragile that the smallest push is going to hurt it. To top it off, Infinitis don't come with warranty of any kind, so if your clutch goes bad at 2000 miles, you'll have to pay for it out of your pocket

Old 05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
SUD
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Of course most sedans are test-driven by 18 year-olds (in age or mindset) and all potential buyers beat the tar out of the cars just like our own Mr. reggiek. What if some high school kid who didn't know stick test drove it?? Don't forget the car is made out of lead crystal, it's so fragile that the smallest push is going to hurt it. To top it off, Infinitis don't come with warranty of any kind, so if your clutch goes bad at 2000 miles, you'll have to pay for it out of your pocket

LMAO...exactly

Old 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I say get it! 50 miles is nothing...

Old 05-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah 50 miles isnt much. It is kinda odd, and I would question where the 50 miles came from, but come to think of it, it is possible it was a test driven car.. and that could explain the low mileage, since there probably is a much smaller majority of people who testdrive a sedan 6mt. But whats so bad about that as long as if its under 50.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by SUD
I would have no problem buying it. 50 miles is nothing and I don't subscribe to the take it easy during break-in period. Personally, I believe that is 'old school' thinking based upon previous crappy design and built in sloppy manufacturing. Driving the crap out of mine right away In case you are worried about some butt head having REALLY abused it...just check the tires. They should still be perfect...if they aren't and the rubber is worn from some 18 year old (in age or mindset) lighting up the tires...well then maybe I might be concerned. Otherwise, I'd buy it and enjoy it for the 3 extra months for the sake of a few miles.
old school or not, it says in the owners manual to take it easy for the first 1200 miles. I don't think engineers who designed the car would put that in for no reason.

Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're fine... cars aren't going to break that easily. if it does, it's a lemon.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the feedback!

Talk about being split right down the middle.

I think if I can negotiate to within 400 of invoice I will just say WTF.

Wish me luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you buy 05 6mt Sedan with 50 miles on it?