G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

1st experience with Intense Motorsports...disappointed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
1st experience with Intense Motorsports...disappointed

So I call for the last two days about the Greddy air diversion panel being stamped backward and don't get a call back. Call again today and see what they can do about getting another one. Backordered from Greddy till polar ice caps melt and say they can issue call tags for a return. So I'm like, can you make an accommodation toward another item I want instead and I'll keep the panel. Guy says, I'm not Greddy and we didn't make the panel wrong they did. I understand that but you do sell their product and it would be a little cheaper in the long run to just sell me (wanted another set of under drive pulley belts) at a discount. He says, I only make $5 on those panels so it wouldn't be worth it. How about a partial credit back on my credit card? We didn't make the panel. After going back and fourth I just said forget it.

I understand they didn't make the panel but something other than another one could be done. I'm in the same business and if something we send a customer is not right we will replace it or make some other type of accommodation to make up for it. They were not willing to do anything but take this one back. So I call Greddy (who tells me to buy their product from SP Engineering) and find out they aren't even an authorized Greddy dealer. Guess I'll just throw a sticker over it or not buy from them again if that's how it goes.

Last edited by XCELR8; 06-09-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang... that's ****ty...

Old 06-09-2005, 06:25 PM
thats whack...at least we know not to buy from them in the future

Old 06-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Future Sedan Freak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good to know, wont be ordering from them. thats awful service at its best. best way to lose business too. i guess just learn from the experience. my 2 cents im sorry for you loss and experience

Old 06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Huh, that is strange. I have ordered from them in the past and they were great and willing to work with me.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I figured this would happen today.... I've already posted a reply to the other thread about this issue today..
Originally Posted by XCELR8
So I call for the last two days about the Greddy air diversion panel being stamped backward and don't get a call back.
We were just informed of this issue early this week. A call was made to our distributor, SP Engineering, immedietly. We have not been informed as to what measures to take yet. Hence, no return call.
Call again today and see what they can do about getting another one. Backordered from Greddy till polar ice caps melt and say they can issue call tags for a return.
Sending a call tag for a product that a manufacturer build's incorrectly is standard procedure in this industry
So I'm like, can you make an accommodation toward another item I want instead and I'll keep the panel.
You asked me to give you free pulley belts!
Guy says, I'm not Greddy and we didn't make the panel wrong they did. I understand that but you do sell their product and it would be a little cheaper in the long run to just sell me (wanted another set of under drive pulley belts) at a discount.
You wanted them for free. I have another rep here that you spoke to that confirmed that as well
He says, I only make $5 on those panels so it wouldn't be worth it. How about a partial credit back on my credit card?
You did not ask me for a partial credit. Again, we offered to do a call tag to pick up the product. This is how it works. You wanted us to GIVE you the belts.
We didn't make the panel. After going back and fourth I just said forget it.

I understand they didn't make the panel but something other than another one could be done. I'm in the same business and if something we send a customer is not right we will replace it or make some other type of accommodation to make up for it.
Again, at this time, we have not heard back from GReddy/SP as to what should be done. We offered to have the product picked up, and a refund given
They were not willing to do anything but take this one back. So I call Greddy (who tells me to buy their product from SP Engineering) and find out they aren't even an authorized Greddy dealer.
You do not have to be a "authorized dealer" to sell GReddy parts. SP Engineering is the largest Wholsesale Distributor of GReddy parts in the entire world. We have done business with them since we established our business in 1999. Most "authorized dealers" of GReddy sell wholesale, not much retail
Guess I'll just throw a sticker over it or not buy from them again if that's how it goes.
Intense Motorsports has a very good reputation on this board. We are known to take care of our customers. Many many members on this board can attest to that, and I hope some step up. In fact, since we have been a sponsor of this board, (over 7 months now) this is the very first negative thread about us that I am aware of. I am truly sorry that GReddy messed up on their manufacturing. It is very rare that this sort of thing happens with GReddy. As far as how we take care of our customers when a situation like this arises:

A. We apologize
B. We offer to send a call tag to have the product picked up (this costs our customer's nothing)
C. Once the product is recieved, the customer has a choice of either having their monies returned, or credit towards another product

In this scenario, the customer refused the call tag, and wanted us to send him free products that cost nearly as much as the original product. I'm sorry, but we cannot afford to do that. I hope others on this board understand.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Future Sedan Freak
always good to hear both sides of the story, thanks for clarifying the situation. now we have the basic idea of how situations are handled and what to expect. i hope for both parties that this can be resolved peacefully....

Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
free belts eh??? someone is a little greedy

Old 06-09-2005, 06:52 PM
i guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quick without hearing both sides. it did seem kind of fishy that intense would be unwilling to help since they would hate to get a bad reputation like Top Secret. Keep on Intense! My bad

Old 06-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
only bought one thing from them and it was a good experience, and from what IntensePower wrote, they tried to accomodate you as much as they could, and ofcourse they're not gonna give you something for free,when its not their fault that GReddy mess up. Just my $0.02

Old 06-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Never enough
For the record, I think the problem is with Greddy. I just bought a exhaust from thee guys and although parts were missing in the box Intense is getting it sorted with Greddy. I also ordered a Seibon hood and it was here in four days. So far so good with them. Again I think the problem here is Greddy.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Damn some people have no shame. You give them an inch they want a mile. so greddy messed up and stamped a logo upside down. just imagine if this guy ordered a turbo kit and it was missing a gasket.. he would have probably asked you guys for a free HKS coilover kit and some Bride Seats for his pain and suffering.

kind of scarey that you say your in the same business xcelr8. can you let me know where you work in this business so i can get free stuff when a manufacture messes up on product you sell. I think you got a new marketing concept going that might work. sell a $100 product and give away $100 products when a manufacture messes up. it makes great sense. I wonder why other retailers or manufactures haven't come up with this concept before.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Greddy? Should more like Greedy...

Old 06-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
There's nothing wrong with the panels, it's actually a knock-off by ydderG

Old 06-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
C. Once the product is recieved, the customer has a choice of either having their monies returned, or credit towards another product

In this scenario, the customer refused the call tag, and wanted us to send him free products that cost nearly as much as the original product. I'm sorry, but we cannot afford to do that. I hope others on this board understand.
That looks fair.
Send it free of charge and get something else or credited for the original product.

On the consumer aspect, it's easy to blow up things out of proportion ESPECIALLY when things arent going your way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st experience with Intense Motorsports...disappointed