G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOBODY SAID THEY CONDONE STREET RACING!!!!!

Geez on every forum board I've ever been on when someone gives a good story about a kill that wasnt at astronomical speeds u always got them stick WAY UP there a$$ people that say "little johnny street racing is very bad"...f up outta here!!!! All those people need to have a few beers and get layed!!!!

I understand the point about people getting hurt and stuff and I'm sure the person who started the thread knows that but the point was he enjoys his car and hittin the gas a lil bit too and ur flamin him for enjoying a 35k sports car!!! If you gonna drive ur G like an old grandma then u should just sell it for a corolla cause these cars dont have that power for nothin!!!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 AM
How come whenever I write a thread like this it gets deleted?? WTF!?

Old 08-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
For me, cell phone talkers and the elderly have put my life in danger more than any street racer. Yeah, two racers whizzing by you above the speed limit may scare you, but what about the guy who spent the night drinking and got behind the wheel of his 4000lb SUV and decided to run a red light? I don't condone street racing, but you folks who think that you would be that much safer on the road if noone was racing are dillusional.
1 - Cell phones behind the wheel aren't illegal, although I personally wish they were. Until they are outlawed and the law enforced, complaining about that distraction behind the wheel is about as productive as pi$sing into a fan.

2 - Old people behind the wheel have to pass more driving tests than I do. I'm not saying that all are fit to be behind the wheel, just that they are meeting the requirements established by OUR elected officials. I'm military and have renewed my license by mail for about the last 15 years. Fill in a form and mail it in. Scary, isn't it?

3 - Except for a few really dumb motherfOckers, I don't recall drunks lining up to post their drunk-driving escapades in a public forum to increase their stature or enhance their illusion of 'manhood.'

All the fanboys who respond to idiot street racer posts with "nice kill" or "you really showed him" or "props fo' representin' yo" or some such - can you imagine making the same congratulatory posts in a thread that started out:

I got really $hitfaced and decided to drive home last night. I knew it wasn't smart, but the guy on the other barstool kept bragging about how well HIS car rode while he was plastered. I know it was wrong, but I did it 'safely' and the roads were empty....

One thing I can say on the drunk's behalf - at least his judgement was chemically impaired when he made his dumb-a$s decision. Street racers (if you believe what you read here, which I don't) are never high or drunk when they race because they always do it 'safely.' To me, that means they make their irresponsible decision without being 'altered.'

You can compare street racing to any form of irresponsibility you like, but two things remain the same:

1 - The law is against you. Comparing street racing to other traffic annoyances may somehow justify the behavior for those that support it. Until those other annoyances fall outside the boundaries of the law, however, the comparison will fall short.

2 - Street racing is a concious choice. It doesn't 'just happen.' The results, whatever they may be, are no accident.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by Inno
Hey "suckhole" Maybe you should learn to read. How about the part in specific earlier where I mentioned I DONT STREET RACE!!!!!

But since you jumped on me calling me names, I'll answer back just to clear it up for the rest of the morons like yourself who can't read.

My whole point is that people on this board shouldn't spend their time on their religious soapboxes about street racing. I agree that it is dangerous. I agree that it can kill people. I agree!

HOWEVER, there are FAR WORSE things out there killing innocent people every day. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THOSE THINGS? Go cry about them!!! How about people shooting each other in the streets. There have been attacks on innocent victims here in LA just driving down the road lately. What about drugs? What about drunk driving? Or my other example, what about lobbying for stricter requirements for a drivers license, especially for the elderly. They cause way more accidents than street racers!!!

Some people here SHEESH!
Right..

Now, can you show me a forum where all these other degenerates post their antics to be praised by other drunks, killers, rapists, and old timers?

I can't recall ever reading a post by a 90 year old blue-hair about how they held up traffic on a two lane for twenty miles and how cool they were for doing so. If they did, I doubt the other 12 ba-zillion members of the AARP would tag in with "way to go, gramps."

That's the difference to me. You wanna go around driving like a fOcking moron for your own pleasure with complete disregard for those around you - feel free. Nothing here is going to stop you.

When you decide to take your moronic behavior public, expect to get an extra helping of "YOU'RE A FOCKING DUMBASS" from those of us who have more than a microgram of common sense.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-03-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tylers600rr
NOBODY SAID THEY CONDONE STREET RACING!!!!!

Geez on every forum board I've ever been on when someone gives a good story about a kill that wasnt at astronomical speeds u always got them stick WAY UP there a$$ people that say "little johnny street racing is very bad"...f up outta here!!!! All those people need to have a few beers and get layed!!!!

I understand the point about people getting hurt and stuff and I'm sure the person who started the thread knows that but the point was he enjoys his car and hittin the gas a lil bit too and ur flamin him for enjoying a 35k sports car!!! If you gonna drive ur G like an old grandma then u should just sell it for a corolla cause these cars dont have that power for nothin!!!!!
This is moronic. So you buy a $35K car to take it out in public and endanger everyone around you? I hate to see what you would do with $500 shot gun. Gee, I paid $500 for this now I need to go out and shoot a few people.

Reason you hear that in all forums because people generally are against this childish behavior. Remember driving is a privilege, not a right. If you cannot control how you drive, then you should not buy a sporty car.

What he told was not a good story. He eggs people on to drive like an idiot.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by elau
This is moronic. So you buy a $35K car to take it out in public and endanger everyone around you? I hate to see what you would do with $500 shot gun. Gee, I paid $500 for this now I need to go out and shoot a few people.

Reason you hear that in all forums because people generally are against this childish behavior. Remember driving is a privilege, not a right. If you cannot control how you drive, then you should not buy a sporty car.

What he told was not a good story. He eggs people on to drive like an idiot.
No I didnt say to drive like an animal but this is a board to have fun and talk about things we enjoy and you're flaming someone for talking about something they had fun with and nothing happened. NOW...if he had a bunch of threads or posts on all this street racing he's doing all the time then I wouldn't say anything cause if you do that all the time thats really dumb. I just dont see why people cant take the story for what it was, to talk about how fast his car was in comparison to a fairly expensive bimmer. Its serious people like you that shouldn't be on these boards if you cant get the stick outta your butt and chill..again I'm not saying go out and street race but the way you're talkin is like you're Dexter that drives 1 mph below the speed limit and never even gets on it in your car. I'm not one for arguing I'm just sayin lighten up!!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

NOW...if he had a bunch of threads or posts on all this street racing he's doing all the time then I wouldn't say anything cause if you do that all the time thats really dumb.
Remove 'street racing' and insert 'drunk driving' in your sentence and see how idiotic your argument sounds.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah but we're not talking about drunk driving are we!!!! You're one of those "if" people!!!! If nothin we aint talkin about drinking and driving are we!!! We're talkin about street racing!!!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Nope, he does his job for egging people on the moronic actions and I am doing mine to persuade people otherwise.

You will never understand unless you have seen what happened to shattered lifes because of irrresponsible actions such as this.

Street racing is much like unsafe sex, few moments of pleasure a life long regrets.

Honestly, I can care less if you guys slammed into a lamp post or guard rail. You are actually doing the society good as you take yourself out of the gene pool. It is the innocent bystanders that I care about.

And no I am no Dexter. And yes I drive fast, very fast. In controlled environment, i.e. track.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I dont street race but at one time did with my previous car. I've seen accidents. I seen somebody flip an Evo in philly one night. Minor injuries but I've also seen a mustang wrapped around a pole so I've seen maybe not to the extent you've seen but I ride bikes and I've lost 3 friends in the last 5 years so I know what its like to be stupid and get hurt. I apologize if I've offened you because I hate to get into arguements about stupid things, its pointless, like I said we're here to have fun not fight.

By the way what the heck is a R129 anyway?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

yeah but we're not talking about drunk driving are we!!!! You're one of those "if" people!!!! If nothin we aint talkin about drinking and driving are we!!! We're talkin about street racing!!!!!
What's the difference? Please explain the difference between the two. I'm dying to hear this.

Street racing, drunk driving - the parallel is striking. Both are illegal, both are done for the convenience of the driver, both result in needless injury, expense, and frustration, both are avoidable, both carry a laundry list of reasons about why doing either is acceptable, both are completely irresponsible. I could continue, but I think you can understand my point.

The inclusion of the drunk driving reference in my post was made because of the claim made in this thread that we should focus on other distractions that kill more people or that street racing isn't as dangerous as other things.

You're right, I am one of 'those people.' I respect the law, respect my fellow citizens, and generally try to do the right thing, both behind the wheel and away from it. Guilty.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-03-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

By the way what the heck is a R129 anyway?
It's one of these:

Old 08-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Why is it called R129, what is it an sl500 cause I dont see any v12 badges on the fenders?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

It's the designation for the car - like E46 or E90 is a designation for BMW.

Yes - this one is an SL500.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Gotcha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!