G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   putting aftermarket headers on void warranty? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/64725-putting-aftermarket-headers-void-warranty.html)

holyfrickster 08-22-2005 01:49 AM

putting aftermarket headers on void warranty?

hey guys, I am going to buy headers really soon for my car, and i think i'm going with the megan racing ones, but didn't know if installing those would void my warranty in any way.

ducatiguy 08-22-2005 02:04 AM

The good old warranty question / concearn.... This has got to be one of the most talked about subjects on this forum and unlike others who may bash ya for asking it, I won't, but what I will tell you is that their is TONS of info on this subject if you simply search this forum...

OK, and let me see if I can clear something up here... Let say you get the headers installed and week later, your engines water pump dies out. Its leaking away, and its must be replaced. Infiniti will cover that as it has NOTHING to do with the headers you installed. Same with if something happens to your radio and its not working, or your headlights go out, its all covered! In simple terms - Your car in whole isn't covered by just one warranty, but many little ones for different areas. Now on the hand, if lets say you blow out a cat/header collector gasket and your exhaust system is leaking, that they can blame on the header install and guess what - it's not covered anymore. Another one - One of your O2 sensors die out... They can actually deny that as well, since you removed and installed it durring the headers / y-pipe install. So the way it works is, the dealer has to prove without a doubt the part you swapped in or out is the cause (directly, not indirectly) of what you're trying to have done (work) under warrnty.

So what we're getting a lot here on the forum is question like, I'm installing springs on my car, will it void my warranty and so fourth (like your question), and once again, its a yes and no answer.... You may loose most of your suspension warranty coverage, but everything else stays in tact, unless "once again" what you did, installed or modified, caused the problem you're there for...

Make sense?

holyfrickster 08-22-2005 02:07 AM

yes thank you very much, i searched around but wanted to get a direct answer, thanks a lot really appreciate it

sdkingka 08-22-2005 03:29 AM

i thought that was somewhat of a common sense... hehehe

mario24601 08-22-2005 10:32 AM

I would think so.

007G35 08-22-2005 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mario24601
I would think so.

You'd be surprised.

God|ZIlla168 08-22-2005 01:17 PM

But if you get a nismo header and your dealer install it it will be cover.

GT-Ron 08-22-2005 01:22 PM

NISMO headers are an R-Tune item, which means not legal for road use and thus voids warranty. Now, if you have a Nissan certified mechanic install the headers, the NISMO warranty on the part will remain intact.

NISMO S-Tune items will not void warranty.