G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Clutch Pedal Clicks (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/82051-clutch-pedal-clicks.html)

xxjkimxx 01-17-2006 09:15 AM

Clutch Pedal Clicks

hey guys.. i just realized it today that whenever i fully depress the clutch and release it, it makes clicking noise all the time... i think that noise is from the clutch pedal... cuz even if i put my foot on the clutch lightly and then release it, it clicks from the pedal.... is it normal or should i take it to dealer to get fix?? i've done the search but nobody mentioned about this clicking noise..... am i the only one w/ this problem???:eek:

kidtronix 01-17-2006 11:00 AM

Confucius say, "Yooz rebsite search function foh path to enrightenment."

This question comes up about once a month.

GedOut 01-17-2006 02:39 PM

Mine does the same thing,, not sure if it is coz i adgusted clutch pedal or by itself ,,, i'll probaly endup taking it to the dealership

jonnylaw 01-17-2006 06:32 PM

Mine makes a similar noise. I beleive the 6 m/t's make a fair amount of noise which is considered normal.
If it worsens-maybe the dealership can make some adjustments.

cloud 01-17-2006 06:42 PM

Mine does that too. more like a pop

RBull 01-17-2006 06:46 PM

Guys I had the same problem. The sound is coming from the little bushing in the linkage at the pedal itself which had excessive play in it. My sound was sporadic because the bushing would rotate around and was tight in some spots and loose in others. The dealer ordered in and replaced the bushing. It made such a huge difference in the feel and tightness of the clutch that even the tech commented how surprised he was at the improvement.
G/L with the fix.

cup0spam 01-17-2006 07:18 PM

hmm thanks for the heads up, i'm having this same problem... I'll tell the dealer to get me a new bushing ASAP.

bythabay 02-24-2006 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by RBull
Guys I had the same problem. The sound is coming from the little bushing in the linkage at the pedal itself which had excessive play in it. My sound was sporadic because the bushing would rotate around and was tight in some spots and loose in others. The dealer ordered in and replaced the bushing. It made such a huge difference in the feel and tightness of the clutch that even the tech commented how surprised he was at the improvement.
G/L with the fix.

do you have the phone # and name of the dealership so my dealership can contact them?

EDIT: I just called the dealership and their # is (902) 455-5800

bythabay 02-24-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by RBull
G/L with the fix.

I just called your dealership and they confirmed that they replaced the clutch master cylinder.. perhaps the bushing too but the clutch master cylinder was replaced.

cloud 02-24-2006 12:59 PM

now how are we gonna get frontier to replace our clutch master cylinder :rolleyes:

bythabay 02-24-2006 01:05 PM

I dunno.. I talked to peter at serramonte and he'll be taking me in on the 6th to resolve the clicking issue no matter what it takes...

cloud 02-24-2006 04:35 PM

If you ever drop by cupertino again, could you show me that clicking sound you have?
I drove 2 Gs at the dealer and Fini's G, everything tells me that my clutch/tranny just feels wrong.
Frontier Infiniti is just too reluctant to acknowledge it.

bythabay 02-24-2006 09:49 PM

sure... I drive by there everyday.. pm me your phone # if you haven't done so already

RBull 02-24-2006 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by bythabay
I just called your dealership and they confirmed that they replaced the clutch master cylinder.. perhaps the bushing too but the clutch master cylinder was replaced.

Thanks, I was not aware of that. It is not noted on service receipt so I will be checking this out on Monday when they are open. That might explain why the whole clutch feel was so much improved after the repair.

The actual clicking was in the bushing for sure. I got down onto the floor and listened and felt it there myself. I told them about it and the tech agreed and parts were ordered. The strange thing is I didn't know about the clutch master cylinder.

bythabay 03-09-2006 11:57 AM

took my G to infiniti of serramonte. The took apart the whole assembly, inspected everything, put it all back together, and it has not solved the problem. They said the bushing looked fine... what was wrong with your bushing that indicated it needed to be replaced?