G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Not too impressed with my G (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/84467-not-too-impressed-my-g.html)

HumpTheFridge 02-03-2006 06:36 PM

Not too impressed with my G

well about a month ago i went out and bought an 06 6mt. the looks of the car got me hooked when they first came out so i rescearched them for awhile hearing nothing but good things about them. dont get me wrong i love the car but i have to say it is prety slow. i hear alot of you guys saying how fast they are even when left stock but i dont know if i would even put it in the quick catagory. it just seems like it take ages to accelerate and pull through the RPM range. i just dont know what to do.

waterp7 02-03-2006 06:38 PM

go F/I.... what do you consider fast...or what car did you come from? This car is much faster than my Accord hands down.

allforthecash 02-03-2006 06:39 PM

LOL....i have never heard of such a thing, sell it and by a STI or something faster to meet your needs...if you were looking for a "rocket" you picked the wrong car....or mod the hell out of it....

The only thing that i hear complaints about is the interior build quality, even with the newer models..greater than most? Yes...but not up to par....NOW its not even listed as "quick"? :rolleyes: lol....come on...

east1999bt 02-03-2006 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by HumpTheFridge
well about a month ago i went out and bought an 06 6mt. the looks of the car got me hooked when they first came out so i rescearched them for awhile hearing nothing but good things about them. dont get me wrong i love the car but i have to say it is prety slow. i hear alot of you guys saying how fast they are even when left stock but i dont know if i would even put it in the quick catagory. it just seems like it take ages to accelerate and pull through the RPM range. i just dont know what to do.

how fast (0-60 or qtr mile) of a car do you want? then i might be able to tell you what to get (that is, for the same amount of money u sent buying the g35)

2FastG354U 02-03-2006 06:45 PM

Maybe thats because you shift like a grandma and can't drive a 6speed well...

HumpTheFridge 02-03-2006 06:53 PM

OK well i came over to the coupe from a 92 toyota MR2 that was heavily heavily modded , now i know that my G wont be nearly as fast as my MR2 but it just seems exceptionally slow to me . the few that i test drove seemed alright i dont know maybe its just me

Day177017 02-03-2006 06:56 PM

I think it's just you.

If you say your MR2 was heavily modded, i'd bet you would say anything short of a rocket is slow. :p

kenchan 02-03-2006 06:56 PM

wait after the break-in period, do a couple of runs at wot and the ECU
will begin adapting to your driving style.

then the rpms will begin to pickup faster.

...or, go rent a Kia Spectra for a week and come back.

13bmx5 02-03-2006 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by HumpTheFridge

My other car is a turbo rotary miata. I know exactly how you feel. The G is not fast but definitly not slow.

clifftrail 02-03-2006 07:01 PM

It's fast for what it is, a mid-class sport luxury car. Runs with just about anything in its class for the money. Maybe your just trying to compare it too much to your MR2, which wouldn't be fair comparison speed wise, but look at all the things that the G does well compared to the smaller MR2.

HumpTheFridge 02-03-2006 07:02 PM

now when is this break-in peridod over, dealer says 1500 miles , other people tell me 500-1000

im really thinking about F/I but along with that comes reliability issues i may just build another motor and throw it back in the mr2 and just keep it instead of selling just the shell.

whyjay91 02-03-2006 07:05 PM

It sounds like you want something under a 5 second 0-60 rather than a mid-5's. Pick up a Viper or a new Vette. If that's a little too much, pick up an evo and mod it, but you'll certainly be losing a few comfort items.

2FastG354U 02-03-2006 07:06 PM

92 MR2 are you are kidding man... The turbo came with 200hp that year and I don't care what you did to it You were pushing 250hp MAX with out doing an engine swap... The *STOCK* G35 would pull on that MR2 from 85 to 110mph like a raped ape...

drunkin master 02-03-2006 07:10 PM

If you are not tracking or racing for money in your car, just live with it. Our g's are fast but not as fast as many out there. I drive a 04 5at and it runs fast enough. It will push when I need to pass someone and it looks better than most in its call as well.

OkinawanMajik 02-03-2006 07:23 PM

I have had 6 Z cars and now this G35 and its even an auto...its fast..im all about top speed anyways, and anytime i can get 149 quickly...its fast. plus i look like a pimp whhen im rollin.....please...drive it and be happy. or sell it and look goofy!