G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I wish I wasn't tempted by every other hard a$$ that wants take on the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I wasn't tempted by every other hard a$$ that wants take on the G

This new GXP was on my a$$ this morning on the way in...long story short...I hate myself after I take chances on the road and risk my life along with others, just to think I'm actually proving something to the other driver. I need an out but don't want to dump the G, it's my baby.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Self-control. You know it's not the fastest, so no need to try to prove it otherwise. Let the ones go that you know you can either beat easily or have little chance of beating. That'll cut your racing down greatly. Afterall, you're actually trying to prove to yourself that's your G is a reasonably fast car.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Why do you GAF? I get it all the time and couldn't care less. I take more pleasure from frustrating someone by not racing than I do engaging in behavior that really means nothing.

Street racing doesn't prove anything. It rarely identifies the quicker car, rarely identifies the better driver, and usually puts more people than just you and the other idiot at risk. It doesn't make you richer, healthier, or better looking. Aside from a false ego boost, there's little to gain. I don't measure my self-worth by my ability to hold the gas pedal down longer than the other guy, and that's generally all a street race is good for. That, and proving who can make it through traffic faster. Big whoop.

Be the bigger man and let 'em go. You're not proving anything except that you lack self control. If you can't restrain yourself, I hope you get popped and get a ticket so big it takes a forklift to lift it. Maybe that will teach you what matters and what doesn't.

She's your baby, treat her right.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
It rarely identifies the quicker car....and proving who can make it through traffic faster. Big whoop.
That is true, if a Focus wanted to, it could "apparently" win a race. That's all I end up getting into, who's the moron who can get past traffic faster, and hold the pedal longer. Then I get to work, park my car and end up being pissed at myself, thinking of my wife and what she would do if something were to happen to me.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by csdstudio
This new GXP was on my a$$ this morning on the way in...long story short...I hate myself after I take chances on the road and risk my life along with others, just to think I'm actually proving something to the other driver. I need an out but don't want to dump the G, it's my baby.
+1000000000
bro i feel you, i have the same problem, i cant even stand people passing me on the freeway when i'm going 80 let alone somone accelerating faster than me from a stop light. I dont know what it is, i tell myself before i get in the car that i'm going to ease up on the lead foot and i do a good job until some little rice burner comes up next to me wanting to play. Speedoholics Anonymous
-GP-

Old 05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Once you hit age 40+ then it will mellow down It's really hard especially if the person don't want to leave you alone. The real fast ones doesn't really care since they know they'll win, but the wanna beess are one that are annoying. Cobras and corvette don't even bother racing me since they know they'll smoke me

Last edited by FI'ed G; 05-16-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

That is true, if a Focus wanted to, it could "apparently" win a race. That's all I end up getting into, who's the moron who can get past traffic faster, and hold the pedal longer. Then I get to work, park my car and end up being pissed at myself, thinking of my wife and what she would do if something were to happen to me.
Your head is in the right place. People usually wake up after the fact, and then it's too late. Best case is a big f'in ticket and law trouble, worst case is something you don't want to think about.

Just let 'em go. Save yourself some rock chips..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by AthenG
Once you hit age 40+ then it will mellow down
True. Experience catches up with ability (or is it the other way around?) and you figure out what matters and what doesn't.

A moron (and street racers are fvcking morons - make no mistake) in a ______ trying to race you doesn't matter - you and your family does. Once you believe this, the rest is easy.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. This guy was older too, 40-50. Brand new american junk, pissed me off riding my *** I guess, as my japanese luxury coupe pissed him off too.

....Save yourself some rock chips..
"Got rock chips?"

Yah, that too, just recieved a quote to re-finish the bumper cover. Sand blasted by 70 miles/day on the hiway.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Why do you GAF? I get it all the time and couldn't care less. I take more pleasure from frustrating someone by not racing than I do engaging in behavior that really means nothing.

Street racing doesn't prove anything. It rarely identifies the quicker car, rarely identifies the better driver, and usually puts more people than just you and the other idiot at risk. It doesn't make you richer, healthier, or better looking. Aside from a false ego boost, there's little to gain. I don't measure my self-worth by my ability to hold the gas pedal down longer than the other guy, and that's generally all a street race is good for. That, and proving who can make it through traffic faster. Big whoop.

Be the bigger man and let 'em go. You're not proving anything except that you lack self control. If you can't restrain yourself, I hope you get popped and get a ticket so big it takes a forklift to lift it. Maybe that will teach you what matters and what doesn't.

She's your baby, treat her right.
+1....no doubt...

Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one either. This guy was older too, 40-50. Brand new american junk, pissed me off riding my *** I guess, as my japanese luxury coupe pissed him off too.
(
Then I feel bad for someone older than me trying to race. I feel sorry for them since maybe this is the first time they owned a half decent fast car Mid-Life crisis

Old 05-16-2006, 12:22 PM
lmao, true to that. But to all you guys, thanks for the "AA" support. It's much appreciated. Some things I needed to hear I guess.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Get a sedan. It's basically the same car but no one will try to race you.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Funny, but I've driven a sedan and couldn't wait to get back to my coupe. I couldn't believe how different it felt, even when from inside I thought I was looking at my own interior. I'm also not referring to performance, just all around "feel".

Does the automatic G really DROAN that bad? The in-cabin droan from the engine while accelerating from every corner and stoplight was horrible. Just the opposite thoough, my wife's Altima 3.5 is very quiet.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by alderran
Get a sedan. It's basically the same car but no one will try to race you.
Absolutely untrue. I own a sedan.

Anyone who knows anything about cars knows the sedan has ***** and will try to egg you on. It may not happen as often as with the coupe, but I get it all the time, from all sorts of drivers.

Sedans aren't immune, especially from other sedans.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I wish I wasn't tempted by every other hard a$$ that wants take on the G