Rare JDM Rear Stabilizer Bar for SEDANS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Thumbs up Rare JDM Rear Stabilizer Bar for SEDANS

Mods - please keep this in sedan section as it is sedan specific.
Post from Suspension section:

Originally Posted by OCG35
Rare JDM Sedan Rear Stabilizer Bar

Nice bar Zack (zackt69) & Dave (OH6 G35) ~ great quality! Thanks for the install help Darren (SouthbayGSedan)

I got the bar a few weeks ago in a hardy very much ready to ship box (plenty of packing material to protect)… it has taken a while to install because I wanted to black chrome plate the bar & hardware and powder coat the brackets a different color – it didn’t turn out quite as expected and some stuff had to be re-done – the bar looks a little chromier than when first received for some reason, it’s not quite a black as I’d like, but its decent – the pics below aren’t really indicative of what it looks like in person (especially the brackets) – but I’m not Marcus or Grant
~ anyway, that’s why it has taken so long to install.

As for performance… unfortunately I don’t drive the car much these days so it’s very hard to give fair evaluation of suspension stuff (I still don’t know how I feel about springs installed about 2 months ago because I’ve only driven the car twice since then)… but on my semi-spirited drive home from Darren’s; the rear end did seem very well planted. I didn’t push hard corners too much (yet) but it does feel tight and stable. Once I have a chance to try and swing the @ss around and get a real feel I’ll post better driving impression – but that might be a long time from now so I figured I’d at least give my prelim thoughts and post some pics.

If your car likes to shake it’s @ss like some hot chick at spring break this bar is not for you… but if you’re trying to rid the flex and squirrelly characteristics sometimes exhibited by the sedan – from what I can tell so far, this bar is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by OCG35; 04-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Even if it did nothing (which I'm sure is not the case) it looks freakin' cool back there.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I've had these rear bars installed in a few other of my prior cars and didn't notice any change in handling and those chassis' were far more flimsy compared to the G's. IMO, there's not much flexing going on in the rear of the chassis since so much of that portion of the car is boxed in four places; the roof, the rear deck, the floor pan, and then that beefy rear suspension/drivetrain subframe. To each his own. I'm sure a lot of people will want these. At least the design of this bar really doesn't compromise interior access or trunk volume.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:08 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Looks awesome Mike. I love mine, definitely stiffened up the rear end. Now go drive you car!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Looks awesome Mike. I love mine, definitely stiffened up the rear end. Now go drive you car!
hey, hey... I drove it nearly 50 miles this month (all today)

Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Good ish Mike. Nice bar in your trunk

Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I've had these rear bars installed in a few other of my prior cars and didn't notice any change in handling and those chassis' were far more flimsy compared to the G's. IMO, there's not much flexing going on in the rear of the chassis since so much of that portion of the car is boxed in four places; the roof, the rear deck, the floor pan, and then that beefy rear suspension/drivetrain subframe. To each his own. I'm sure a lot of people will want these. At least the design of this bar really doesn't compromise interior access or trunk volume.
Yah, yah, we know Dave… you’ve done it all, you know it all and if it’s not on your car or you don’t endorse it, it’s not worth it

Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by G35papa
Good ish Mike. Nice bar in your trunk
thanks dude! BTW, got the LEDs you sent today - thanks

Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Yah, yah, we know Dave… you’ve done it all, you know it all and if it’s not on your car or you don’t endorse it, it’s not worth it
Never claimed I knew it all. Just saying I've had these bars on other cars before, both of which were raced, and I noticed no difference in chassis strength, steering feel, or rear traction.

What is this
flex and squirrelly characteristics sometimes exhibited by the sedan
you speak of? Are you talking about the drifter/oversteer nature of these cars? I don't feel any "flexing". I do agree the rear can be a bit loose with the narrow 215/55R17 all season rubber, but that's easy to fix with some wider sticky summer rubber, a slight drop, and slightly stiffer rear sway bar. BTW, I'm not trying to be a smart ***.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
The stock rear end of the sedan has a LOT more sway/rock compared to the 350Z... I can only imagine how this would help. The FSTB helps a lot.

How much was this OC?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
thanks dude! BTW, got the LEDs you sent today - thanks
Enjoy dude!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Dave, if I valued your opinion your words would mean something to me… however, they appear as nothing more than letters on my computer screen – I’m sure it has something to do with your typical never used it opinion, but really I couldn’t care less about a single word you type anymore – you are now on ignore.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
The stock rear end of the sedan has a LOT more sway/rock compared to the 350Z... I can only imagine how this would help. The FSTB helps a lot.

How much was this OC?
This will not control sway. The intended design is for chassis bracing (ie to lock the shock tower area together.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley

How much was this OC?
$350 including shipping (even though I didnt need it shipped)... it comes powder coated flat black and looks good as is, I just wanted it different... there is a big thread about it here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...ar-teaser.html

Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Dave, if I valued your opinion your words would mean something to me… however, they appear as nothing more than letters on my computer screen – I’m sure it has something to do with your typical never used it opinion, but really I couldn’t care less about a single word you type anymore – you are now on ignore.
As usual, a childish response. I didn't step into this thread trying to derail your excitement. As I've stated twice now, I have used these braces and I posted my experience with them in racing situations so less. How is that so wrong? Why does it bother you so much that some people use what they've learned with prior cars and apply it to their current car whether it means buying/endorcing the particular modification or deciding it was a waste?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rare JDM Rear Stabilizer Bar for SEDANS