G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if you really read all the pages you would know the answer no they didnt =/

Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well.. is that company still working on it?or whaaat?

lol

-Paul

Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
So are you enjoying your new setup?
Loving it. There are no rubbing issues and I truly feel like the ride has softened up a bit too over the last few days. I plan to get the alignment done next week. Wanted to let the springs settle before doing it. I will let you know how the #'s come out.

It certainly is a different ride, I use the term rigid. Not bouncy at all, more so just less forgiving, due to the higher spring rates and limited travel due to the drop. The handling is amazing, rides flat as can be around corners I used to feel like a boat on. I try to avoid the cannon-like potholes with this drop around New England, more out of rim bending fear than anything else.

Not to sound like a clown, but I feel pretty darn proud walking up to this car now. Worked very hard to get it here. Though it still desperately needs a bath.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
Lol... so after reading all of the 44 pages, ehhh.. did that company ever come out with the coilovers for the X??

Thanks,
Paul

I wish we could just delete that whole 6 page hairpulling coilover session from this X drop post. I find the rest of the 38+ pages VERY helpful for X owners.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
well.. is that company still working on it?or whaaat?

lol

-Paul
Yes, they got the arms and working on the coilover to fit into those arms so we dont have to replace them. I talked to the other day. They also want some used or blown front struts, since I might need to replace mine. I might get some and give them mine. They asked me why dont i get some kyb or something. I told them nobody makes any and hey you should be the first. The guy laugh and said maybe. But first the coilovers.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
Yes, they got the arms and working on the coilover to fit into those arms so we dont have to replace them. I talked to the other day. They also want some used or blown front struts, since I might need to replace mine. I might get some and give them mine. They asked me why dont i get some kyb or something. I told them nobody makes any and hey you should be the first. The guy laugh and said maybe. But first the coilovers.
aiight..dats whazzup..just ordered myself some eibach sportlines..gonna slap them on till those coilovers come out...can't stand the 4x4 look.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
They also want some used or blown front struts
I've got a used set I'd be willing to donate. I'd appreciate a discount if I buy the coilovers for being a "donor."

Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JMAN44544
Loving it. There are no rubbing issues and I truly feel like the ride has softened up a bit too over the last few days. I plan to get the alignment done next week. Wanted to let the springs settle before doing it. I will let you know how the #'s come out.

It certainly is a different ride, I use the term rigid. Not bouncy at all, more so just less forgiving, due to the higher spring rates and limited travel due to the drop. The handling is amazing, rides flat as can be around corners I used to feel like a boat on. I try to avoid the cannon-like potholes with this drop around New England, more out of rim bending fear than anything else.

Not to sound like a clown, but I feel pretty darn proud walking up to this car now. Worked very hard to get it here. Though it still desperately needs a bath.
Awesome man...glad to hear you're happy. Yeah, the car really does handle well with the drop. If you want to stiffen up the front & make it more rigid, I highly recommend the Richie front strut bar (unless you already have it)?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
can't wait for those coilovers anymore guys Because i fell in love with Jman's drop i ordered myself some H &R springs from tire rack this morning...Also looking to get some new work wheels for the spring. I'm going to post some pics after the drop thanks for the help again Jman

Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Garyv01
can't wait for those coilovers anymore guys Because i fell in love with Jman's drop i ordered myself some H &R springs from tire rack this morning...Also looking to get some new work wheels for the spring. I'm going to post some pics after the drop thanks for the help again Jman

why does tire rack say that the H & R's exclude the g35x? is there a reason for that? Will tien S. tech's work on my 05 g35x?

Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by ActionAl
I've got a used set I'd be willing to donate. I'd appreciate a discount if I buy the coilovers for being a "donor."

Sent you a pm.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Infaltry
why does tire rack say that the H & R's exclude the g35x? is there a reason for that? Will tien S. tech's work on my 05 g35x?
The H&R site also says that it will not fit the X, but they do. The 05-06 Sedan # 53036 springs fit perfectly.

Last edited by JMAN44544; 03-28-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:02 PM
hey fellas...finally got around to install the H&R's that Jman suggested...I had the springs installed from a fellow forum member LVE2DRV...He did an awesome job and works very quick...As for the drop, im very happy with the outcome minus the scraping coming up my driveway I was planning on getting some new work wheels but realized i dont want to be in debt paying credit cards off So i put my axis wheels back on.. The ride quality that the H&R's offer are amazing and i'm happy i went with them Here are some pics(sorry for the bad cell phone quality)
BEFORE:

AFTER:
Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  99.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  80.6 KB

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
dang! has anyone got a set a coilovers for the x yet...other then vulcanraven??

Last edited by suicidesam; 03-30-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Look sweet Gary, Sorry guys I know its taking longer than I hope for the coilovers, but if we want it done right it is a process to get them done. When I find out news, I will let you know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!