G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE to all G35's in NY, NJ, CT ,LI

Old 03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE to all G35's in NY, NJ, CT ,LI

NOTE: This post is directed to ALL Infiniti owners who want to modify their engines or other areas of the car but are worried about being denied Warranty work.

OK guys here it is. I live in Westchester, NY and like most of the G owners on this forum, have the urge to modify and upgrade my coupe wiht aftermarket parts. I currently get my G serviced at Pepe Infiniti in White Plains. However, when i spoke to the service manager about modifications, he told me that if i touched ANYTHING (and i mean ANYTHING) in the engine that it would void the entire engine warranty and he would no longer SERVICE my car. Then, thanks to a member on this forum i was informed about a dealership in Fairfield CT that would be more accomodating. He couldn't have been more on target.

I spoke to Bill, the service manager at Deavin or Deavon (cant remember how you spell it) Infiniti (203) 255- 7500 and he said his dealership is run quite differently than most other dealerships. He explained to me that for example, if i put an JWT pop charger and Z tube on my car that it would not void the warranty and that he would still service my car. He also informed me that ( AND THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE) unless he can prove my upgrade caused the problem, he would be "forced" to service the car. He even told me that if there was a problem and he COULD relate the problem to my upgrade that he would still help me fix it. He also said Infiniti as a company frowns highly on this practice but that he doesnt have to report that he fixes cars with modifications. And last but not least, if the problem was a serious problem and it was caused by an upgrade, i could take off the modification and pretend like it was never there. So if anyone out there wants to upgrade their car but is concerned about being denied warranty work, this is the solution. For me, the drive to CT is about and hour away, but to find a dealership that is so incredibly accomodating in terms of mods is like striking oil and is well worth the drive up there IMHO. I'm sorry this was such a long post, I sincerely hope this was informative to some of you. Happy Modding!!

And on another note, Bill also informed me that the G35 front aero spoiler (lip) was just made available to his dealership for sale to the public. I also asked him about the Infiniti R racing line products that are supposed to be released in about 10 months ( they should have been released 6 months ago) and he said he would make a few phone calls for me to find out more information and would call me back tommorow to let me know what he found out.

Overall Dealership Rating: EXCELLENT

Old 03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTE to all G35's in NY, NJ, CT ,LI

Jesterev: Thanks for the info. But, I think something like this should not be disclosed. BIG BROTHER (INFINITI) MAY BE WATCHING!!!!!!!!!

I would be curious if you told the dealer in CT, that you posted this on the forum - what his reaction would be?

03.5 G35S 5AT - Desert Platinum/Graphite/350Z Tube/Clear corners/HG kit/30% Tint

Old 03-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's where I bought my vehicle. Pretty good place.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, Gram Light 57F Pro's (on the way), Hotchkis sways

Old 03-02-2004, 08:16 PM

Ask Bill @ Devan if he'll give you a loaner when you bring in your car for either warranty or non-warranty work. He didn't want to give me a loaner for warranty work because I didn't buy my car from them ('cause the salesman was lame too). Consumer Affairs told him he had to.

I now go to Harte Infiniti in West Haven for service because they just want to be a good dealership. Funny that one of us is raving about Devan and another won't go there unless necessary.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure if you a referring to me raving, but I am not. I actually was very dissapointed in their service after their initial sale. They kind of di*ked me around a bit. That's why I said a "pretty" good place, but on the second thought, that might not have been the right phrase. A "decent place" would be better. I went to Harte in Hartford and they were a *little* better, but all in all, the dealerships in CT are jerks because there are only 3 and 2 are owned by the same guy.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, Gram Light 57F Pro's (on the way), Hotchkis sways

Old 03-03-2004, 01:32 AM

Well, I'm dissapointed that some of you are saying your experiences wiht Devan were not to your liking. However, like i stated, the main reason i am switching to Devan is because they will work on my car regardless of which aftermarket parts i install and not give me a hard time about it (like Pepe Infintit was doing) and force me to bring up the MM warranty act and possibly even involve lawyers, courts etc. That is just to much of a hassel.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:04 AM

I think you got off on the wrong foot with Pepe Infiniti. I bought my G there, and have a Stillen intake and Z tube on the car. Not only have they serviced the car several times with these mods on, but the've made comments on how much they like the mods to the car, (not just the intake, but the back seat video system). They also went WAY out of their way to fix a rattle I had, resulting in the complete replacement of the steering column.

Perhaps the Service Manager was reading between the lines and thinking you were talking about doing internal engine mods like cams, or bolting on a supercharger or twin turbos. I can see a dealer refusing engine warrantee work if your done internal mods OR added forced induction. But intake or exhaust, nah.

And all this brings us back to the chance of an internal engine problem in the first place, which would in theory require warrantee work....now what's the chance of that???? Just about nil! (If you don't mess with it, and change the oil once in a while.) I mean, isn't this a reason you're driving a Japanese car? They really don't have a tendency to break much.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:26 PM

Well thats just ridiculous. I dont even know what to say to that....All i know is when i asked him about any mods he told me he wouldnt touch the car. This is very frustrating. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i am 20 years old? Well next time you go in for servicing i'm coming with you. And then i want the service manager to personally explain to me why he will work on your car but if i modify my car, he won't touch it. I would LOVE to hear his answer. Anyways, thank you for posting that, it was very informative and interesting to see how Pepe treats some of its other customers. By the way....did you buy your car there? Because i did not...

Old 03-06-2004, 12:27 PM

Some people are just stupid. My other car has tons of mods done to it. The dealer has no problem servicing the car. In fact, they actually do MODS to many cars including a SC kit for the H2's they sell.
Just find yourself a better dealer. I can't believe they wont cover an AC compressor if you have Stillen exhaust on the car. There is no way on earth they can prove the exhaust caused the problem or if you have a Pop charger and your sunroof wont work.
I can see if you have a CAI and run thru 12" of water and now your car is hydro locked that would not be covered.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:28 PM

They have to prove the part caused damage.... an exaust doesnt void powertain etc etc... fk ur dealer

Old 03-08-2004, 12:16 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Well thats just ridiculous. I dont even know what to say to that....All i know is when i asked him about any mods he told me he wouldnt touch the car.

<hr></blockquote> I wouldn't bother asking in the first place. Just make a service appointment, and bring your car in. They CAN NOT refuse to service your car if it is under warantee, (believe me, they value their franchise!). They MUST give you a loaner if your car is under warrantee. They can only refuse warantee service if they can PROVE an installed mod caused a particular problem. They are in business to make money. They get paid by Infiniti to do warantee work, and by you for non-warantee. Why would they turn away a (well) paying customer? No offense meant, but perhaps your questioning made them think you were more trouble than you were worth?

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!