G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Cracked Windshield :( (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/234326-cracked-windshield.html)

Tunerz_Store 07-22-2008 12:39 AM

Cracked Windshield :(

Drove the car the other day to my mom's house. Backed in the driveway and was sitting there for a few seconds and then I heard a pop. Didn't think anything of it at the time. We leave, go eat and come out of the restaurant and the wife notices a vertical crack starting in the windshield. Dead center underneath the seal on the roof line. There are no chips in the windshield anywhere especially in that area. The crack has now begun to spread horizontally left and right. Has anyone else had this problem. I plan on making a trip to infiniti and I am already prepared for there BS, so the next stop will be a glass shop and let the insurance take care of it. Seems like a design flaw somewhere if you ask me.

kevink 07-22-2008 08:12 AM

If it was a design flaw, it would be fairly common.

More likely a defect.

lexusk8 07-22-2008 08:43 AM

Not sure what the state law is for Kentucky, but here in Florida by law every insurance co. pays for glass replacement/repair (i.e. $0 deductible) if you have comprehensive coverage. You might want to look into that prior to taking your car to a shop.

infg35x 07-22-2008 10:04 AM

Mine cracked yesterday.....only because a huge rock it though. :)

Just call insurance, they are usually free. Here in MA I get 2 a year.

gary c 07-22-2008 10:10 AM

Windshields are generally covered by your insurance company, no deductable
or cost to you in any way....pick up the phone and call! Easy fix....:biggthumpup:

Noremac 07-22-2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid_DET
I plan on making a trip to infiniti and I am already prepared for there BS

Unless you can establish there was some design or installation flaw that all-of-a-sudden appeared four years later, you have no claim with Infiniti. Don't waste your or their time.

...so the next stop will be a glass shop and let the insurance take care of it.
Correct.

dmiko789 07-22-2008 04:25 PM

Mine cracked too

My windshield cracked by itself also (a couple of years ago). I have a 2004 5AT. It cracked 1-2 years after I bought it, while the car was parked overnight.

The dealer could not find any sign of impact and replaced it under warranty as a "stress crack". Good luck!

ky_g35 07-22-2008 10:04 PM

That's weird. At least (since we live in Kentucky, state law) getting the windshield replaced shouldn't be a hassle. My parent's Jeep took a golfball to the windshield and cracked the heck out of it, just one phone call to get it replaced no problem.

elayman 07-22-2008 10:08 PM

mine got hit with a baseball at a baseball game at my school.. took me a while to get it replaced, but I think it has a lifetime warranty if it breaks again (not sure if that applies to getting hit with a baseball tho)

utsava 07-29-2008 12:52 PM

My 03 cracked one month ago. Same thing, heard a ping and saw the line top to bottom dead center. Insurance took care of it. Bummer.

ttrank 07-29-2008 06:06 PM

I always keep glass coverage on my cars because here in AZ I go through a lot of them!

TheSpoonyBard 07-29-2008 06:34 PM

Man, what a coincidence..My damn windshield got a nice piece taken out of it on the way to work this morning. There is a paper thin layer left still but it would not take much to make it a whistling hole in the windshield

DaveB 07-29-2008 08:18 PM

I wish something would tag my windshield because it has all sorts of tiny chips. Everytime I hear a big crack from a rock hitting the glass, I hope for a crack :icon17:

gtbigup01 07-30-2008 03:08 AM

Very rarely a windshield will just crack by itself. In case you guys haven't noticed, not all cars have rear mud flaps as standard equipment, therefore all day long as you drive back and forth to work behind some car or truck, all those mudflapless vehicles fling tiny debris onto your windshield. Did I mention this was going at 30, 40,60, 70MPH? Well it so happens that after time, those little tiny specs of dot caused by a rock eventually develop what is known in human beings as a stress fracture. With the vibration and all, pluss other little tiny rock that continue to hit every day, eventually is gives. OMG glass actually gave, and became a crack. So get over yourself and your design flaw BS and get your INS to fix it.

Next it will be the air in my tire didn't stabilize over the past 5 months, freaking Infiniti piss poor valve stem :7:

Tunerz_Store 07-30-2008 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Very rarely a windshield will just crack by itself. In case you guys haven't noticed, not all cars have rear mud flaps as standard equipment, therefore all day long as you drive back and forth to work behind some car or truck, all those mudflapless vehicles fling tiny debris onto your windshield. Did I mention this was going at 30, 40,60, 70MPH? Well it so happens that after time, those little tiny specs of dot caused by a rock eventually develop what is known in human beings as a stress fracture. With the vibration and all, pluss other little tiny rock that continue to hit every day, eventually is gives. OMG glass actually gave, and became a crack. So get over yourself and your design flaw BS and get your INS to fix it.

Next it will be the air in my tire didn't stabilize over the past 5 months, freaking Infiniti piss poor valve stem :7:

Well you can get the f^ck out of my thread with your attitude, because the question has been answered. If you didn't read correctly someone had their windshield replaced by a dealership because they couldn't find any signs of damage, rock chips, pits ,etc... I don't have any damage on my windshield nor is there any damage where the crack actually started, which is up underneath the molding. And for the record I don't drive my car back and forth to work. It isn't a design flaw, but there could have been a defect in the glass when it was installed. Anyways got to be one smart a$$ in the bunch, don't even bother responding either, you have been added to the ignore list.:smile052: