G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   driverside A-pillar leaking? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/300335-driverside-pillar-leaking.html)

jin22gt 08-02-2009 02:17 PM

driverside A-pillar leaking?

Ive just noticed that the A-pillar was wet and dripping water. Its been raining here all day. WTF.! Any one got the same problem? Ive checked the rubber on the door and seems fine. Where can this leak come from?

G35nNJ 08-02-2009 04:40 PM

I had the same problem with my 03 Sedan, the window appeared to be shut, but wasn't shut tight. Hope that's all your dealing with too.

Alex2x3 08-02-2009 10:08 PM

I had the same thing happen, I freaked out and all, but then realized my sunroof was a tiny bit open and water was seeping in. Idk if thats the problem with u or not, but worth a try.

jin22gt 08-03-2009 08:09 PM

Im not sure if the window or the sunroof was open a little bit or not.! Hopefully it was open a little, dont want to have a leak somewhere. I hope it doesnt happen again.!

ITSAGTHING 03-22-2010 02:23 PM

I have this same issue on both the driver side and passenger side. Anyone know where the water is coming from? All windows are closed tight. It has been doing this for months.

XDR-V35 03-22-2010 05:15 PM

its the drains for the sunroof, they are blocked so the water is backing up and leaking. to clear this usually you open the sunroof and there is a hole in each front corner, lightly apply air pressure and the blockage should clear and you should see it drain near the front tire.

NjMatteSedan 03-22-2010 10:30 PM

that happened to me once, never happened again tho i was like wtf?

ITSAGTHING 03-23-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by XDR-V35 (Post 4970480)
its the drains for the sunroof, they are blocked so the water is backing up and leaking. to clear this usually you open the sunroof and there is a hole in each front corner, lightly apply air pressure and the blockage should clear and you should see it drain near the front tire.

Well I checked out the drains in the sunroof and they visually looked as if they were not clogged up. Do you know if there is a hose that runs from the sunroof to the tire well that could have detached or something?

geew1z 03-23-2010 03:32 PM

There are definitely two hoses that run down the right and left sides of the car through the trunk and out the fender.. you have to take off the mudflap part of the rear bumper cover to see each one.. Not sure about the front

Also, not sure about what happens if those come detached in the sunroof..

XDR-V35 03-23-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ITSAGTHING (Post 4972336)
Well I checked out the drains in the sunroof and they visually looked as if they were not clogged up. Do you know if there is a hose that runs from the sunroof to the tire well that could have detached or something?

there is a hose on each side of the front, it runs in the actual a-pilar, so its not visable if you pull your a-pilar. you wont be able to visually see if its clogged

paNX2K&SE-R 12-31-2010 05:17 PM

My G35 has been parked for about a month now since the roads became salty. We had a nice 60 degree day so I decided to wash all 3 cars. When It was time to wash the G35 I opened the door and noticed the drivers side seat bottom had an icy puddle as well as the floor board, grrrr. The first thing I checked was the sunroof drain which was not clogged and the drivers side window was up all the way. The weather seals on the door are in great shape. Any ideas as to where this leak might be coming from?

350GT-R 12-31-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by paNX2K&SE-R (Post 5571894)
My G35 has been parked for about a month now since the roads became salty. We had a nice 60 degree day so I decided to wash all 3 cars. When It was time to wash the G35 I opened the door and noticed the drivers side seat bottom had an icy puddle as well as the floor board, grrrr. The first thing I checked was the sunroof drain which was not clogged and the drivers side window was up all the way. The weather seals on the door are in great shape. Any ideas as to where this leak might be coming from?

i think there should be a hose that's behind the pillars.
i have the same issue and still can't target it either.
good luck, and if u find out, please let us know also. hehehe.

G35Papa 12-31-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by XDR-V35 (Post 4970480)

^Exactly

NFSP G35 12-31-2010 11:23 PM

Mine was doing this the other day. I need to check up on it.

BlackObsidian 10-06-2011 12:04 PM

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have been running into this issue as well recently. It only started about a couple weeks ago when it rained in my area. Like previous posters have mentioned, everything seemed normal (seals, drains, etc.), and it's starting to worry me. Has anyone who had similar issues found the cause of this?