G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Question about coupe seat swap (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/332251-question-about-coupe-seat-swap.html)

Blue Dream 04-05-2010 06:36 PM

Question about coupe seat swap

I, like many sedan owners, am contemplating swapping my front seats for coupe seats. I may have found a pair of seats local to me, but here's my dilemma. They are black and I have the stone interior but with the black dash and console. I think they would end up looking good and I'd definitely have a unique set up. But as we all know unique isn't always good.

What do y'all think?

Jeff92se 04-05-2010 06:42 PM

I think the combo would look okay if you could swap out the rear seats also.

I've considered trying to semi convert my all black interior to a stone / black interior.

Blue Dream 04-05-2010 06:44 PM

I don't think the rear seats would fit. I'm going to measure tonight or tomorrow to see.

G SEDAN 04-05-2010 06:47 PM

the rears would not work.

BTW, are your door panels stone too?

Jeff92se 04-05-2010 06:48 PM

Haha. I mean getting a set of black sedan seats so the front and rear seats don't mis match color-wise. The only problem I see is if you have the brown-ish center console. but if you have the sport, your center console is silver right? The only other think you might consider is getting a set of black door panels or maybe color dying a portion of it black to help unify the colors.

Blue Dream 04-05-2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by G SEDAN (Post 5005970)
the rears would not work.

BTW, are your door panels stone too?

Yep.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se (Post 5005976)
Haha. I mean getting a set of black sedan seats so the front and rear seats don't mis match color-wise. The only problem I see is if you have the brown-ish center console. but if you have the sport, your center console is silver right? The only other think you might consider is getting a set of black door panels or maybe color dying a portion of it black to help unify the colors.

I have an 05 with the black console and stone armrest. Black sedan back seats are a good idea though. I'm not so concerned about the door panels right now.

G SEDAN 04-05-2010 07:26 PM

you guys missed out, I had all black parts up for trade + cash last year before I took it to the interior shop :(

Blue Dream 04-05-2010 08:19 PM

No worries I'm a patient man.

Swivel 04-05-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream (Post 5005947)
I, like many sedan owners, am contemplating swapping my front seats for coupe seats. I may have found a pair of seats local to me, but here's my dilemma. They are black and I have the stone interior but with the black dash and console. I think they would end up looking good and I'd definitely have a unique set up. But as we all know unique isn't always good.

What do y'all think?

I think it's a terrible idea and you should send those black coupe seats to me. Now.

NFSP G35 04-05-2010 08:27 PM

Get a black sedan back seat and do the coupe swap. It'll be sweet. If you need to, check my DIY on painting interior parts (door pulls) results are very oem looking.

Blue Dream 04-05-2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SwivelHips (Post 5006182)
I think it's a terrible idea and you should send those black coupe seats to me. Now.

Always the funny man eh :D

I'm liking the black back seat idea as well.

CandlestickPark 04-05-2010 11:54 PM

Tim I was in the exact same boat, 05 with Stone/Black interior and I really wanted Coupe seats. All that popped up in the Marketplace were black Coupe seats. With all of the stone on the door panels, center console, seat belts and carpet/mats I thought it would look weird with black front seats.

After a year and a half of waiting I finally found a set of Stone Coupe seats and they were only an hour drive away from my house.

If you are going to do it definitely look for a set of black rear seats too.

NFSP G35 04-06-2010 12:59 AM

Well there you go. Marcus is doing LS/Stone. So you HAVE to do LS/Black Tim. :D

socialconflicts 04-06-2010 02:02 AM

im thinking of doing this, i wonder how it will feel, will seats be lower? i like how the coupe seats do grip you though thats cool lol.

Blue Dream 04-06-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark (Post 5006703)
Tim I was in the exact same boat, 05 with Stone/Black interior and I really wanted Coupe seats. All that popped up in the Marketplace were black Coupe seats. With all of the stone on the door panels, center console, seat belts and carpet/mats I thought it would look weird with black front seats.

After a year and a half of waiting I finally found a set of Stone Coupe seats and they were only an hour drive away from my house.

If you are going to do it definitely look for a set of black rear seats too.

I hear ya! I have a lot of patience and would be willing to wait but I'm trying to buy local to avoid outrageous shipping fees and since I don't live in the land of the G's (Cali) :bowrofl: these seats don't come around very often. I have been scouring Craigslist and other sources for a year and the pickings are slim, especially trying to find 05-06 seats that are in good condition. Mine are pristine for 70K miles and I am not willing to slap in some sh!tty seats just to do the swap. Surprisingly I now have found 2 sets of black seats in the last 2 days so maybe it's fate talking.

If I do black in the front I will definitely do black in the back.

Originally Posted by NFSP G35 (Post 5006813)
Well there you go. Marcus is doing LS/Stone. So you HAVE to do LS/Black Tim. :D

Sounds like you're on to something although Nismo rims and a Rookie bumper would look good on my ride. :D I'm already rolling with Marcus' old front lip.