G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Look at this, Let me know what you think.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Somewhere between.

When I was shopping, IP was not my first choice, and it had a dent on the rear bumper.
But the price was right, and it wasn't BS, DG or DP (there are waaaaaay to many of those around Tallahassee)

For the most part, I just ignored the colors I wasn't interested in.

Since you're looking solely for a 6MT, which is pretty rare, you might have to bend a little on color choice.

Ideally, I would have bought a 6MT in CB with black interior and the Areo kit, (in fact I had a line on one with everything but areo, but it sold too quickly)

You'll have to decide how important each choice is (transmission, color, interior color, nav, etc...) and in the end you might have to resort to a good ol' pro-con chart.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I am kind of leaning more towards a color I don't want because the car is supposedly very clean with 1 owner nav 1 year newer and has an lsd. I would prefer it to be a different color than dp but I really want a spotless car, which the ip isn't all that clean, but is. I guess i'll have to decide this weekend when I actually get to see both cars on the same day.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
While not my first choice, DP can look sick. Take the famous G SEDAN for instance.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Oh trust me, he has been looking through the DP thread all day...

Old 02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't get the color I wanted, but the one I ended up getting was the lowest mileage car in the best shape that I had looked at.

I even compared what was on the used car lot when I went to the Infiniti dealership for my pre-purchase inspection & the salesman even admitted they couldn't do any better.

I tried to be as objective about the overall condition as possible, and factor in the cost of possible repairs. Personally, I didn't want a car that I would have to put additional money into right after purchasing, so things like brakes/rotors/tires/windshield were also a consideration for me.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by notorious_g35
I didn't get the color I wanted, but the one I ended up getting was the lowest mileage car in the best shape that I had looked at.

I even compared what was on the used car lot when I went to the Infiniti dealership for my pre-purchase inspection & the salesman even admitted they couldn't do any better.

I tried to be as objective about the overall condition as possible, and factor in the cost of possible repairs. Personally, I didn't want a car that I would have to put additional money into right after purchasing, so things like brakes/rotors/tires/windshield were also a consideration for me.
That is where I am at. One of the DP cars is an 03 with 58k on it guy says it's clean and has warranty for the next 3 years, and it's around the same price as the other two. I am hoping this one is as clean as he says because it has 25k less miles, warranty.

As for DP i hope I like the color in person. The color can look gorgeous as I have seen in the color thread, but like I said haven't seen one in person.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I think you will like it, especially dropped with black wheels.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I can vouch that the car was very clean (went on the test drive) but was also a little curious as to this rust around the strut mounts. It was really the only thing we could find for the most part.

Anyone else got a little rust up there?
test drive isnt the half of it frame, corner paint (to check for respray), anything that looks replaced. oil condition as well as other fluids ect... those are main focus any car with a tranny problem can drive fine for an hour. Also have the checked for it's History of codes

Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe try to hit it with a wire brush, if it flakes off as surface rust prob no biggie, if its rusted deeper, think about asking the dealer to replace those parts or discount the car a tad for repair costs??

Old 03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
test drive isnt the half of it frame, corner paint (to check for respray), anything that looks replaced. oil condition as well as other fluids ect... those are main focus any car with a tranny problem can drive fine for an hour. Also have the checked for it's History of codes
Oh i know, I have been around cars my entire life and have learned a lot of what to look for from my father. I am very thorough when it comes to looking at used cars.

Originally Posted by Abax84
Maybe try to hit it with a wire brush, if it flakes off as surface rust prob no biggie, if its rusted deeper, think about asking the dealer to replace those parts or discount the car a tad for repair costs??
I probably wont end up with this car. I am trying to get an 04 desert platinum fully loaded to work out, but it hasn't yet.